Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Dom Dwyer??

Anyone remember the name? He was part of the youth setup 10 years ago.
Noticed that he is Sporting Kansas City''s lone striker today (currently playing SS2), and thought I would have a look at what he has been up to.
Though he has spent most of his time in the MLS, his goal scoring stats are pretty remarkable.
This is the type of player we should be looking to bring in as another striking option. To back up Jerome and McCormack.

True enough, though we were in the Prem and struggling when Kei came. Dwyer is English and has spent time playing in England. And he looks a bit like Diago Costa. So he must be good!Stick out tongue [:P]

Olympiacos bid nearly 4m for him earlier in the week.

I used to go to school with him and play in same team when we were younger. I would say he would do well in league 1 but probably not any higher. The highest standard of football he has played at in England was with Kings Lynn but he has obviously improved since then.

[quote user="Samwam27"]I doubt our scouts get as far as the MLS. Scotland seems to be our limit these days lol[/quote]
Too true, constantly appointing Scottish managers doesn''t help!

I work at Springwood High School where he went.

Therr are several cuttings regarding him around, hes had a few trials with British clubs in MLS close season and none have ever worked for him.

Brentford and Charlton both had a look at him, but that was some time ago.
Personally I think he looks a very good player with an instinct for goals. Was superb today and you can see why Kansas rate him so highly.
Whether or not he would be willing to return to the Club who released him is another question. He had to work very hard to get back into the game and work his way up with scholarships. The man has determination and resolve which is what we need.
Plus he has the physical presence needed for the Championship.

[quote user="Dave"]I work at Springwood High School where he went.

Therr are several cuttings regarding him around, hes had a few trials with British clubs in MLS close season and none have ever worked for him.[/quote]
Is he a supporter by chance?

For a lad that played for Kings Lynn and Stains Town after being cut at youth level by Norwich he hasn''t done badly for himself. [img]http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/sydney-leroux-tattoos.jpg[/img]He''s not done too badly at the football part either.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Dave"]I work at Springwood High School where he went.

Therr are several cuttings regarding him around, hes had a few trials with British clubs in MLS close season and none have ever worked for him.[/quote]
[/quote]

Of NCFC?

[quote user="Dave"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Dave"]I work at Springwood High School where he went.

[/quote]

Of NCFC?[/quote]
Who else Dave?Wink [;)]

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]For a lad that played for Kings Lynn and Stains Town after being cut at youth level by Norwich he hasn''t done badly for himself. [img]http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/sydney-leroux-tattoos.jpg[/img]He''s not done too badly at the football part either.

[/quote]
And they have a lovely little ''dog''

Yes, while Dwyer is just the player we need, there will be little that can convince him to leave the MLS as he''s only one year away from gaining United States citizenship and trying out for the US national team. He outlined that as his goal a couple seasons ago. That is why he rejected the opportunity to play for Olympiakos.

[quote user="CanaryfromtheStates"]Yes, while Dwyer is just the player we need, there will be little that can convince him to leave the MLS as he''s only one year away from gaining United States citizenship and trying out for the US national team. He outlined that as his goal a couple seasons ago. That is why he rejected the opportunity to play for Olympiakos.[/quote]
Realise that. Do you realise that he would be a good signing for us? That is the question.

[quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"] More of a poacher, he''d be good to come off the bench if we were chasing the game and wanted two up top.[/quote]Sorry no,We don''t do poachers at this club...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"] More of a poacher, he''d be good to come off the bench if we were chasing the game and wanted two up top.[/quote]Sorry no,We don''t do poachers at this club...[/quote]

"The cold never bothered me anyway..."