Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Grant Ward

Just signed for the Scum for £500k. Must say I''m a little jealous of this- young, exciting and cheap (much like Canos) but with solid Championship experience.

Saw him play for Rotherham last season and he was a real handful- direct, pacey and dangerous. Had the left back on toast.

Never thought i would see the day when somebody is envious of a signing that the Scum have made.

Jealous/envious probably wasn''t the best word for me to use- more that I rate Ward and would have been pretty happy if we''d have signed him.

Can''t believe that we''ve missed out on this one. At times like this you have to remember two things:
1) They have a rich investor.
2) If we''d signed this bloke the PinkUn would have exploded in a fireball fuelled with the screams of NO AMBITION!!!!
Never heard of him by the way. Obviously has very limited aspirations. 

Are you happy with your teams new signing then OP?

How have they been allowed to sign him? Must be breaking all sorts of FFP rules.

Would have been a pointless signing even if we were vaguely interested.Not half the player Canos is, and I would pick either of the Murphy twins ahead of him as well.Be a decent signing for that lot, but we should, can and have be looking at much better.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/380726/is-signing-a-player-more-exciting-when-a-fee-is-involved/#22

Almost embarrassing when they''re blowing their load over spending 500k.

"Still think spending £17m on one player like Wolves were reported to be doing is completely wrong at this level. Won''t change me on that!" was my highlight of the thread. Why exactly is it wrong? Because the scum got taken over by an asset stripping conman so everyone else should have to go dipping in the bargain bins for players too? Karma for waving those notes when Evans bought them out imo.

@Indy- wasn''t suggesting we were interested, just a player I liked when I saw him last year.

Although tbf you''re right he would be a bit pointless for us as we have the Murphy twins in his position who need to be given their chance.