Sign in to follow this  
Morph

What cost a new manager?

Well after last night''s result there are more posters requesting a change, but what is the cost of getting a replacement manager?

If Worthy is sacked does the club have to pay off the rest of his contract? Is that true if the club consider him to be in breach of his contract with the club? Surely the club only has to pay off Worthy if they asked him to leave?

Then the follow up question would be what would the club have to pay in compensation to get the replacement? Allen at Brentford for example, surely they''d want money for taking away the manager. To me all the managers you would want are in jobs. Why would the club want to bring in someone who doesn''t have a job?

To many of the posters here the writing is on the wall from their perspective, but is it really that simple from a board perspective?

[quote]Well after last night''s result there are more posters requesting a change, but what is the cost of getting a replacement manager? If Worthy is sacked does the club have to pay off the rest of his con...[/quote]

I do think the cost of sacking and recruiting is going to be the limiting factor - but compared to losing key players andnot progressing through the leagues there is a gamble to be made. 

It is the choice the board has to weigh up and will tell us a lot about their ambition - the ifo I have is that his new contract for 2 years almost prohibits us from considering it.

When does underperformance become breach of contract, when no compensation is due?  Time for drugs scandal!?!

OTBC

[quote]Zipper Do you mean the drugs they are going to supply to us all on away trips from now on, so we don''t realise what is going on?[/quote]

LOL - sounds like a reasonable thing to include with a ticket at the moment GTG.

OTBC

I really do wonder how on earth anyone can get themselves into the situation where a contract can be signed that becomes so onerous that it dictates the whole method of running an organisation.  If the City Board have entered into such a contract that will drag this club down, then somebody else (Doncaster, Munby) should take the blame and publically state this.

Otherwise one assumes that we have a contract that could be got out of at a cost which is acceptable, to safeguard the future finances of the club (ie not lose revenue streams  that will start to suffer as we slide downwards).

Most businesses would be examining the options and employing experts to put it into practice.

Unfortunately we need to remove three people (at least) from their place of employment but they wont be the first, or the last.

Rick Waghorn set it all out in his column of 17 September:

http://new.pinkun.com/content/columns/RickWaghorn.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=RickWaghorn&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=RickWaghorn&itemid=NOED17%20Sep%202005%2014%3A28%3A59%3A743

Morph, on an unrelated note, did you hear that all the original Morph models were lost in that fire in Bristol recently? Its a shame, I loved that stuff growing up.

[quote]Rick Waghorn set it all out in his column of 17 September: http://new.pinkun.com/content/columns/RickWaghorn.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=RickWaghorn&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=Ric...[/quote]

After today''s result and another 3 points down the pan I think the cost of getting a new manager is going to be the telling factor in all of this.Thanks to Amarillo for highlighting Waghorn''s original article on this. I reckon it''s going to cost the club about £1M to terminate Worthy''s contract. Clearly if he voluntarily parts company with the club it should cost the club nothing or less, but I don''t think that is going to happen.Twin that with the cost of bringing in someone who may already be in a job and I think the January transfer window wouldn''t be able to offer a new manager anything due to the lack of funds. Unless of course there''s money to reinvest from player sales - another nightmare scenario.My apologies to those who suffer the insults that this thread holds, but the question is once more of importance given another loss.Sheff Wed at home next Saturday will be the make or break game....

Interesting subject to bring up, but surely comparison has to be made with the fact that if WORTHY stays, and we continue with this decline, which is not recent but has been happening for the last 18 months, then the club will loose money hand over fist.

The season ticket sales I suggest would will drop by at leat 50 per cent, casual ticket sales will decrease dramatically, and various other commercial outlets such as the club shops will suffer sales losses.

It has to be remembered that we have been here before, and who bailed the club out, the supporters contributing to the share issues anbd backing the club to the hilt.

But in the current economic climate, just how many will be prepared to do it again bearing in mind the footballing fare that NCFC is currently producing.

Either way, there will be a financial cost to the club if this is allowed to continue, and the Board have to make a decision to either stay with what we have and allow the mainstays of the club (the supporters) to drift away, or sack NW and pay the compensation, and bring in a manager who will reintroduce the momentum of taking us forward to where we want to be.

The choice is theirs, but they ignore the supporters at their peril.