Sign in to follow this  
Mark Fotheringham City Legend

Hoolahan signs new contract!

NORWICH City midfielder Wes Hoolahan has signed a new contract with the Canaries, keeping him at Carrow Road until at least 2018.

The summer of 2018 will mark 10 years since the popular Ireland international signed for City from Blackpool, after which he has gone on to feature 338 times in all competitions, scoring 45 times.

Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/wes-hoolahan-norwich-city-contract-3219551.aspx#yrLbOKy7TRkhp7h2.99

The man is a god

At last some good news. I can remember the Blackpool game and he ripped us to bits. I said to the fans around me " we must get him in "

Fantastic news, Wes is showing no signs of slowing down, if anything dare I suggest he appears to be coming into his prime!

Well done City, and nice one Wes you legend 🍻

First Tettey, now Wes - great work by the club and delighted to keep them both that little bit longer.Along with Klose and Howson, these are our most important players IMHO, so knowing that ALL of them will be here for at least this season, and hopefully at least another 1-3 beyond that (depending on age etc) is great news.I just need AN to tell Fullham where to stick their ridiculous McCormack demands now [:D]

If he sees this contract out, that''ll be 10 years at the club. Not very often footballers do that these days. Glad to have the little man aboard for another couple of years, hopefully he can teach some of these promising kids like Maddison/Canos a thing or two.

How the **** did Russ Martin get the "Mr Norwich City" badge from the media when Wessi is still around?

Westimonial? xD

Why do I feel the club could actually end up calling it that?

Great news as well. He''ll be able to play at this level at least for the length of that contract imo

Great player, and a well deserved contract extension.

So unusual to find so much talent coupled with such loyalty.

One of the City''s all time greats, and a true legend, no City fan could or would deny him those accolades, and to have 2 more years  of him, truly we are blessed.

Yeah very good news and all that.

But what about this ''signing new young players at least 4 of them''

That Neil was on about? So far we''ve offered new contracts to our over 30s, brought in a 31 year old goalkeeper, supposedly buying a £12 million striker whose 30 soon with no pre season action or euros = no match fitness. Sold one youngster and replaced him.

5 days to go until Blackburn. Looking good 👍

Definite man crush.

Must be the player with the most natural and gifted footballing ability in the league.

[quote user="chrisr1606"]Hopefully he can win the Barry butler trophy. Can''t believe he hasn''t won one yet.[/quote]If he can manage a few more goals than usual, then yes, he probably would. It''s always been the one thing that has stopped him being more recognised as a top class attacking midfielder. Ten goals would do it, but hopefully more is possible.

Ultimately, nobody else wants him [:|] But as I''ve stated in another thread, he''ll do good for us [Y]

Jools

If nobody else wanted him, why would the club tie him into a 2 year contract ? Could leave him on a monthly or a year.

They''re smart enough to know another club could swoop & offer him a longer contract.

If that other club was a championship club,  Hoolahan would improve their chances of promotion and it could be at the expense of us.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="chrisr1606"]Hopefully he can win the Barry butler trophy. Can''t believe he hasn''t won one yet.[/quote]If he can manage a few more goals than usual, then yes, he probably would. It''s always been the one thing that has stopped him being more recognised as a top class attacking midfielder. Ten goals would do it, but hopefully more is possible.

[/quote]
To be fair the main reason he hasn''t won it is every manager ends up being too scared to play him at some point in the season to try and strengthen defensively. Our results don''t improve and he comes back in.
And when he has played a lot of games, he''s been feeding the likes of Holt! Who obviously won it ahead of him.

[quote user="Six Pack"]

Jools

If nobody else wanted him, why would the club tie him into a 2 year contract ?[/quote]

Yeah, true enough, I didn''t think of it like that -- good thing we''ve sealed his contract before the Barcelona''s & Man Utd''s come knocking then [Y]