Sign in to follow this  
super dave

Olsson bid rejected

Ssn reporting that we''ve rejected a 3mil bid from West ham

Surely worth more than that!

He''ll be a major player for us this season in my opinion

I dunno about this. If that leaves us with just Toffolo then it doesn''t look great. £4m is pittance these days even if he is in the last year of his deal. I''d rather lose him for nothing in summer or sell him in Jan.

I''m with you TJ.

I have a massive dislike for Wet Sham and they clearly have money to burn, the offered up £7m for Robertson from Hull and the pay pittance in rent for the Olympic stadium so if they want him that badly then make them pay over the odds!

Totally agree TJ - I''d sooner keep Olsson @ £4mil for the season if it means he plays a vital part in getting us straight back up - he may even renegotiate a new contract then if we''re back where most of us think we belong.

Unless of course AN feels he can replace him with the ''next Martin Olsson'' for the same money but 5 years younger, then that would make sense.

considering the inflated market...i wouldnt take anything less than £5.5m....we would need a replacement for sure, take all you can from West Ham as they do have the money!!

£3m pffftttttt 😄😄😄

May aswell keep him for that fee.

Take no less than £5.5m

Full Swedish international who looked good in the Euros. A year left or not, West Ham are loaded and desperate. £7m. £6m if they take Jarvis back.

Yep £5.5m - £6m in today''s inflated prices. As long as we could get an adequate player in. I''m feeling West Ham could cough up enough dough with this one!

In his prime years as a footballer, first choice international in his position - I wouldn''t want to take less than £6m for him.

They were rumoured to be offering £4.5m for some swedish left back who plays for Copenhagen. Went to euros didn''t play. Because the guy keeping him outta the side is only worth £3m 😉

Far to cheap 3 million !

to think it would maybe cost us 1 million loan fee to replace him with a loanee learning his trade !

got to be worth 7 million or we keep him for a year

but going from his past days would he force a move ??? :-(

i agree if he wants to go

and lets face it every player wants to play in EPL

he has served us well in the years he has been here but lets not just give him away

remember we are bidding 12 mil on a player 2 years older !

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]West Ham fans complaining about their club constantly going in for players too low. Crisis?[/quote][:D]It''s probably all that money they''re having to put into their new stadium that''s making them a bit cheap.[;)] As we''re the only club that puts in low bids normally.

We paid 2.5m so we should be looking to sell for a lot more than 4m. The Club should be thinking no less than 6.5m.
We really do need him this season. I wouldn''t want to see him leave at any price.

Final year on his contract puts Olsson in control; if he wants to move he can probably sulk for a season and pick up a stronger pay packet next summer, leaving us with an under committed and under performing player.

His performances have improved markedly since his shoulder op, we are probably fortunate he didnt have it fixed earlier.

If we have an alternative lined up then taking that plunge now would sensible.

But that is plenty of ifs...

As for value thats hard to judge; it would help enormously to have another club involved to get the value up; however given his age getting £5m+ will be a a good deal even in todays inflated market.

Too late to be ding-dong over silly prices. Slap 7.5 million on his head. If they pay it he goes if not he stays. Simples.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Make it £10m.[/quote]

Agreed,

£3M for a first choice international left back, give over.

I doubt he would sulk ZLF, hes a first rate professional in his prime and needs to be playing  week in week out, to keep himself in the shop window for next summer. It may not be his 1st choice, but hes contracted for another season, and as such will play his best while hes a City player. Much here depends on Brady also of course, if he stays then we have Brady and Toffs for LB position, but if Brady departs then clearly its just Toffs. I think Alex will see what happens with Brady before allowing Olsson to leave.Also i dont think Alex really wants to be hunting for a new LB, he has enough with existing  comings and goings, especially up front, plus the kick off in a few days.

If Olsson misses out on move to PL because not enough offered he may well throw his toys out of the pram however if he doesn''t play or plays poorly will not get a move next season. So needs to continue to perform.

Olsson is in the last year, so we can''t really expect to get too much - but good to see us turn West Ham down. Interesting that they''ve also been knocked back on signing Gibbs from Arsenal (poss on loan).

Are West Ham this country''s favourite charity or something? They''re given the Olympic stadium for a pittance of a rent and now expect to have similar priveliges on prices they pay for players....

And it is a pittance of a rent when compared to the tv money they will receive from Sky.

As DD said earlier in the thread, £10m Jesus the lad just had a good euro''s, probably Sweden''s outstanding player, start high and see what we can get, if any club can afford him its Wet Spam.

The question for me is who we would bring in to replace him.

In the case that Brady and Olsson both leave, we can''t be relying on a youth player who hasn''t set foot above League One.

west ham owner gold just tweeted that 2 signings are close

given their left back has been injured in pre season i can see this one happening soon anything under 5 mil is a joke

if brady follows him out of the door means we have the whole of the left hand side to replace