Sign in to follow this  
back of the net

McCORMACK MOVE

McCORMACK MOVE

Ross McCormack is now odds-on at 1/4 with Sky Bet to join Aston Villa. Norwich are 11/4 to sign the forward and staying at Fulham is an option way out at 10/1.

Looks like we miss out again, last summer all over again

Agree, way over the odds of what he''s ''actually worth'' and let''s be honest, any team that''s getting him will likely dump him in the summer as he probably won''t be good enough for the Premier League.

His agent ought to consider that as if Villa get back up with all the money their owner has, is he really going to then not spend big on new players.

[quote user="canarywales"]£15 million is a rediculous amount of money for a 29 year old with no top level experience[/quote]Reports say £12 million not 14 , we probably are still offering £10 million

[quote user="canarywales"]£15 million is a rediculous amount of money for a 29 year old with no top level experience[/quote]

We don''t need top level experience were in the championship

He''s got shed loads of that, it''s what we need

Top level experience costs more than that now (look at what Everton want for lukaku) mcormacks record is better in the championship. It''s just the going rate

[quote user="back of the net"]McCORMACK MOVE

Ross McCormack is now odds-on at 1/4 with Sky Bet to join Aston Villa. Norwich are 11/4 to sign the forward and staying at Fulham is an option way out at 10/1.

Looks like we miss out again, last summer all over again[/quote]

Just goes to prove Delia can''t pay the going rate whilst other competitors can. Norwich City will get left behind without new, wealthier owners.

It''s not the going rate though, it''s just this particular players inflated price. If it was the going rate for championship to championship clubs there would be lots of other clubs trading players for similar amounts. This would be a championship record I think?

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]It''s not the going rate though, it''s just this particular players inflated price. If it was the going rate for championship to championship clubs there would be lots of other clubs trading players for similar amounts. This would be a championship record I think?[/quote]

Maybe is but he went for 11mil to Fulham and he''s scored a load in those two seasons

As Fulham reportedly want 12 mil plus 3 mil add ons to make the 15 I''d say that''s about his going rate

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]It''s not the going rate though, it''s just this particular players inflated price. If it was the going rate for championship to championship clubs there would be lots of other clubs trading players for similar amounts. This would be a championship record I think?[/quote]

It is the going rate if you want 20+ goals per season in the Championship. If there were lots of 20+ goals per season players in the Championship to choose from then the price would be lower. Supply and demand determines price. Market forces. Delia left behind. Has no money. Mediocrity beckons.

[quote user="Mickdundee"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]It''s not the going rate though, it''s just this particular players inflated price. If it was the going rate for championship to championship clubs there would be lots of other clubs trading players for similar amounts. This would be a championship record I think?[/quote]

Maybe is but he went for 11mil to Fulham and he''s scored a load in those two seasons

As Fulham reportedly want 12 mil plus 3 mil add ons to make the 15 I''d say that''s about his going rate[/quote]

Well yes it''s his going rate as its his price, but it''s not the championships going rate.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="Mickdundee"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]It''s not the going rate though, it''s just this particular players inflated price. If it was the going rate for championship to championship clubs there would be lots of other clubs trading players for similar amounts. This would be a championship record I think?[/quote]

As Fulham reportedly want 12 mil plus 3 mil add ons to make the 15 I''d say that''s about his going rate[/quote]

Well yes it''s his going rate as its his price, but it''s not the championships going rate.[/quote]

Yes, because he''s a striker and so you always expect to pay more for them. The overall going rate for this division will be lower because there are a number of left backs in it who carry a much lower valuation.

He pretty much guarantees 20+ goals at this level and a striker that scores that many added to our team would have us in a very good position for promotion. its a no brainer

Rumour is that Villa have had a £12 million bid accepted. What the fuck have our board been playing at all this time

Our board most likely had no intention of buying him

and just wanted to appear as though they''re actively pursuing big targets. They''re probably relieved Villa have stepped in and bailed them out from having to show true ambition. And to think we all

thought Chase was a ****

you guys think 12-15 million is not the going rate in the Champs excepting McCormack?...think again...try getting Kodjia or Assambalonga for under 12 mill.

[quote user="andgreen"]Our board most likely had no intention of buying him

and just wanted to appear as though they''re actively pursuing big targets. They''re probably relieved Villa have stepped in and bailed them out from having to show true ambition. And to think we all

thought Chase was a ****[/quote]

Without doubt one of the best posts I have seen on here. Deserves the Order of Merit on that alone.