Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

Olsson replacements?

Now, I don''t want him to leave. But 1 year left I his deal and his agent pushing for it. I would settle for 4-5m. I am assuming Brady goes too.

Replacements;

Charlie Taylor - Leeds. 1 year left and young

Luke garbutt - always was highly rated. Don''t know how good he was last year at Fulham, but young and has to be evertons 3rd choice?

I also don''t want him to leave but what can we do teams that are relegated always get their best players head hunted. But like most fans I wish we could get our deals done Early as AN said but no AGAIN

How about Yasser Al-Shahrani from Al-Hilal?Full international for Saudi Arabia, pacy, loves to get forward, bags of energy and commitment and probably a very sensible price as well.Completely unproven in a good league however and would have to adapt to the differences but a player with real potential from what I''ve seen.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]but a player with real potential from what I''ve seen.[/quote]When have you actually seen him Indy?

Taylor handed in a transfer request recently too. However I''d imagine he''ll go to a Premier League team.

Might be an unpopular suggestion but what about Tyrone Mings on loan? Bournemouth might want him to go out after such a long spell on the sidelines and they''ve just signed Brad Smith from Liverpool....

Indy is just trying to send some of our more swivel-eyed posters into paroxysms of outrage with that suggestion.

Apples

Saudi Arabian league. Best league in the world. Followed closely by the Omani. Regular viewer.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]How about Yasser Al-Shahrani from Al-Hilal?Full international for Saudi Arabia, pacy, loves to get forward, bags of energy and commitment and probably a very sensible price as well.Completely unproven in a good league however and would have to adapt to the differences but a player with real potential from what I''ve seen.[/quote]
Maybe we could re-sign RVW and play him in left back? He''s pretty good at keeping the ball out of the net!

Charlie Daniels at Bournemouth? They''ve got Mings and spent a bit on a youngster from Liverpool, Smith. Although they might move Mings to CB.

Bidwell would have been good from Brentford too but already at QPR.

Also there''s Hendrie at West Ham, had he had not already have gone to Blackburn it would have been interesting to see if Neil would have gone for him.

I would have gone for Bidwell or Hendrie on loan, but as these are no longer an option:

Galloway or Garbutt on loan from Everton, not sure there is room for both of them at Everton this season.

Borthwick-Jackson, again on loan?

Charlie Mulgrew on a free?

I said the other day that we should consider the guy from Hannover.

8/9 out of 10 of Olssons crosses never end up anywhere near where they are supposed to be and the guy from Hannover had a great delivery and dangerous corners

Hannover are a bigger club than Norwich.

This would be like us trying to buy a first team player from Newcastle

Depends on your definition of bigger, would be surprised if a second tier German team can be any better off than we are financially or pay wages of the same.

German football is nowhere near as big as English football and other than half a dozen sides the rest are not financially strong