Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

ALex Prichard

Just out of curiosity, why do most people here rate pritchard so much higher than Bamford?

Both had good seasons in the championship the year before last. Bamford ripped our defence to pieces up at Middlesbrough and for me was just as effective as pritchard was in the game at Carrow Road. And then both failed to make any impact in the premier league last season. Why is there such a clamour for us to sign him? Would be a bit of a risk if you ask me, unless there''s something I''ve missed.

As others have stated I don''t know how Pritchard (one excellent season on loan at Brentford) can be considered a ''cut above'' someone like Wes who has been excellent for us for a long long time.

I think Pritchard gets a bit of a pass for his struggles last season as he was at West Brom under Pulis who only likes 6'' 2" or bigger players all over the pitch. It was a bit of a weird signing.

Football365 have made the point about how mad the market has gone that if Gayle, Ibe, Brad Smith and Alex Pritchard all go for the fees suggests it would be £39m spent on 4 players who started a total of 23 games last season. Crazy.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Helluva player.

Spurs want £8m though.[/quote]

In the current market that''s not bad. Buys one side of Jordan Ibe. Less than half of Brady.

Looks like he''s off to Brighton. 8 million is the fee being reported by talk sport on Twitter, Spurs fans happy with the fee. In this current market this is cheap for a player of his talent,

I seem to remember the last time Hughton was given £8million to spend on a player it did not work out too well. [:(]

Not a priority position with Wes signing a new contract, Maddison being his understudy and Naismith coming here with the premise he was tailor made for the number ten role!

Pritchard was good for Brentford, that is not in doubt - but has since had a horrible injury, been on loan for WBA and only played twice. I''d have a few doubts about signing him even if it was an area of the pitch we need bodies in, but as it isn''t that question doesn''t even come into it.