Sign in to follow this  
Bradwell canary

ALex Prichard

Daily Mail reported that it understands Alex will be looking for a new club, and has been left behind on Spurs overseas trip.

GET IN THERE QUICK!

I know we have too many midfielders, but not one in his class.

A really great player who would slot in the Wes position.

If we are, as a club , looking for players with sell on potential he would be a good bet.

When we played Brentford he completely ran the show

Absolutely 100% agree, although I''m sure he will have Premier League suitors. Ship out Vadis and Andreu, maybe even loan out one of the Murphys. Pritchard is an absolute cut above.

He ran the show that day because we gave him far too much space. What would you do with Maddison if we bought him ?

He is a decent player, but don''t be too swayed by the game against us, our m/f was very much a ''scratch'' one that day which helped him greatly. For me it isn''t a position we need to look at and whilst he''d be an improvement I''m rather hoping we are concentrating on other areas of the pitch.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]Can he play out wide at all?[/quote]Yes, he has played out wide a lot - I remember posting on another thread a while back that I thought he was another central attacking midfielder, but another poster (can''t remember who) put me straight and said that he is equally adept central or wide. To that end, I''d have him ahead of the Murphys and on a par with Canos and Jarvis.Assuming we play the 4-2-3-1 again, having the ''3'' consist of any three of Jarvis, Canos, Pritchard, Naismith, Hoolahan and Maddison (with the Murphys as backup) would be ridiculously strong for this level. Have Jerome, one new striker, either Laffs or RVW with Morris as fourth choice and our squad is looking extremely strong IMO.

I cannot see Josh Murphy being backup to anyone this coming season.

Perhaps some of those you mention will be backup to him!

Pritchard is simply a better player though, it''d be a no-brainer in my eyes. Would rather see Jarvis or Naismith shifted on, because I agree we need to give at least Josh, if not Jacob too, a punt this season.

If we assume that VOO is likely to move to Legia sometime soon, then Pritchard as a direct replacement would be a great signing.I appreciate we''re fairly well stocked in midfield, but I''d rather we had talented, younger players on the books that give us lots of options than not. If Jarvis continues his vein of niggling injuries and if players like Brady are moved on, we''re going to need that depth and Pritchard gives us cover across almost all three of the attacking mid positions.If the price is right, then absolutely make it happen.

It''s not often you see a true stand-out player, however when Brentford played at Carrow Rd Pritchard really did dominate that game. He would be a top signing for most teams; and probably the most natural successor to Wes Hoolahan I can think of...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]and probably the most natural successor to Wes Hoolahan I can think of...[/quote]Watch more of Maddison, he''s a real superstar in the making IMHO, and seeing as how he''s also 4 years younger than Pritchard and still looks like such a talent, we could have a mouthwatering attacking setup in our midfield as/when Wes retires etc.

We don''t need Pritchard, we need a striker or maybe even 2! No reason Maddison won''t be even better than Pritchard - after all, Spurs were apparently very keen on Maddison, yet sound like they''ll be happy to sell Pritchard. That speaks volumes...

Against Whittaker not much competition in that midfield couldn''t fail to look impressive. Not our most immediate of needs. Save £10m for a striker unlikely to be McCormack with Newcastle sniffing around.

But if he''s been released he won''t cost anything. Would love him here as he''s a cut above what we have (and you can always get rid of once you''ve got better in!)

Would add real quality to midfield!

Indeed, you can see him going to Burnley or similar, we can then sign him next season when (... hopefully) we are promoted and they are down again. He has potential to be one of the guys not quite good enough to get out of the ''yo-yo club'' circle- see Snodgrass, Brady, Fer etc.

Good point about Spurs! I''m really looking forward to seeing Maddison who looks silky smooth playing right midfield in You Tube videos. Perhaps a bit like Ian Crook used to. I figured Pritchard would play more central...

Don''t get me wrong, Norfolk Mustard - I agree with yourself and other posters that Pritchard is a good player, just it wouldn''t make sense for Spurs to be looking to sell him and replace with Maddison if they didn''t see Maddison as the brighter talent. For that reason, I think we''ve got the better long term prospect - and even at such a young age, he''s really impressed during pre season. I think himself, Canos, and the Murphy twins will see a lot of games this season - there''s goals in all of them too. That said, an out and out striker MUST be the priority right now, and that maybe Ross McCormack or it maybe someone that none of us have even thought of yet, someone completely out of the blue - infact the latter wouldn''t surprise me at all 👍

[quote user="Mr Angry"]He hasn''t been released though Samwam, I''m sure Spurs will want a fee for him.[/quote]And as long as that price isn''t crazy, then surely we''d be foolish not to make a move.Of course if our finances are too limitied to facilitate this whilst signing the couple of other players we need as priority (new striker, new CB etc), then we''d have to pass, but otherwise we''d be daft not to chance our arm.

Wes. Naismith. Maddison, plus others that could be put there. Not a position that needs to be filled in the slightest and all our efforts should be put into getting a new striker in.

Alex Pritchard is primed and an ideal player. Imagine in a few years Pritchard and Maddison. Replacing hoops and Naismith. We could build a legacy with this signing.

I have seen him a fair few times and he is different class to a few in our group. I always believe in buying better and if a player comes up who can improve the group that fits the ethos and budget then have a look.

I would be very happy f we could but I am sure others are watching. I hope this week a few signings come in.

Update , in today''s Sun:

Swansea are weighing up a fresh move for £8million-rated Tottenham discard Alex Pritchard.

Pritchard has been told he can leave Spurs after being axed from their pre-season tour to Australia.

The Welsh club were pipped by West Brom to the midfielder’s loan signature in January.

But the Swans - who also want Leicester striker Leo Ulloa - still retain an interest and could reunite their interest if Spurs lower their valuation.

Championship clubs Newcastle, Norwich and Leeds are also keen but want a loan move rather than a permanent deal.

Guess that''s us out of the running then!!

we have too many midfielders, we need a striker or 2 and another CB.lets get it right this time

was rumoured to be £8m earlier in the window, can only think it will be much more now - but a great player that would improve on what we have, with experience and years ahead of him.

It would be worth selling even some of our biggers names to make space and get him... otherwise not a position we need a player for this summer.

[quote user="Samwam27"]But if he''s been released he won''t cost anything. Would love him here as he''s a cut above what we have (and you can always get rid of once you''ve got better in!)

Would add real quality to midfield![/quote]

He''s a good player no doubt and I''d be happy to sign him but he''s not a cut above Hoolahan or Howson or Brady. We do have a real tendency to big up players who don''t play for us and devalue our own. With the three above plus Naismith and Maddison we simply don''t need another player of Prichard''s ilk as we already cannot accommodate all of our best attacking midfielders in the line up.

In the absence of any further departures our sole priority and all that we need is another senior striker.