Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Quiet from Carrow Road

Really is too quiet re transfers for my liking. McCormack looks like off to Villa. Pritchard off to Brighton. Wolves seemingly splashing cash but Norwich,apparently one of the wealthier clubs are not appearing to bid for anyone.

I feel we have a strong squad but we need to strengthen or else in first five games or so we could find ourselves playing catch up. Why on earth have we not signed a forward yet. I am dumbfounded. I know generally the market is quiet but we can''t afford to hang around. I really hope the club has some aces up their sleeve.

Norwich won''t buy anyone of note. Lambert used to have his signings done and ready for the start of the season, not dragging on until the window closes, absolute joke way of preparing a squad. Delaying the process allowing your rivals to outbid you at the last moment, tin pot board with zero ambition.

Do you really expect the club to be commenting on every rumour and story? Really?

Yet another miserablist looking for any stick they can find to beat the club they supposedly support with. Pathetic.

It sums our board up that it spends weeks pursuing a player without getting the deal done to be then pipped at the line. We have reportedly offered £10 million when Fulham have the player tied to a contract and paid £11 million themselves.

We may be perceived to be one of the wealthier clubs but that is relative to the whole division, all three of those have far wealthier owners than us and both Wolves and Brighton will have lower existing commitments.

I think its fair to say its not too late but we are now approaching a crisis

We will probably go into Saturday with 2 senior Strikers

and no senior left back if Brady is not fit, as Olsson is surely off.

Very very poor transfer management yet again should we expect any better? You get the basic squad/team for the season sorted in mid July and if you have to sell people get it done early.

I can see a scenario coming where we lose Brady and Olsson and have a whopping pile of cash, the selling clubs will then have us by the sensitive bits. Quite amused about Aston Villa thinking they are gazumping us though and blowing their budget on a 30 year old that''s the only good news of the week so far

"Any stick to beat the club with" No, they are just frustrated with yet and their abysmal transfer window. The lack of quality up front is there to see

It''s the silence of relief that they now won''t have to part with the millions they had offered for McCormack!!

[quote user="morty"]Club''s in turmoil.[/quote]The club is fine. It''s these whinging clowns that are in turmoil. Fecking meltdown merchants[:''(][:''(]

The same old "usual suspects" claiming to be calm in the face of what is increasingly looking like another failed attempt to recruit what we needed a year ago ,, accusing others of nonsensical whining 🙄🙄

Exactly the same Tw*ts who said exactly the same as we plunged toward relegation last season ,,, do they " honestly ''" claim to be Ncfc supporters ,,, because they don''t appear to have much passion for the club .

It''s a very astute business model. Make a whopping bid for a player to show your ambition then haggle over the details to allow enough time to pass so that someone else nips in and gets the player. Ambition shown. And not a penny spent - win, win. I''m delighted we have such balls room dancing professionals running the club. It''s a fox trot to the top.

Two things my friend. I am neither a miserably or pathetic. I have been a city supporter all of my 52 years. I have seen the great times and not so great. I believe like most true fans that we have the right to voice an opinion. If that doesn''t suit you then hey ho !! The fact of the matter as others have stated is that we now find ourselves in a similar position to previous seasons where the fans are .......well I was going to say kept like mushrooms . But at least they get fed something whilst being kept in the dark. The fans don''t !!!!!!! Am I frustrated. Damn right I am. However I will continue to support my club even if we fail to buy anyone. If that''s being miserable and pathetic then I am guilty as charged.

''Abysmal'' transfer window? Really? We got c£12m for Redmond, have kept almost the entire PL squad and have tied some key players down to new deals. We are one striker shy of a full squad, which could easily be in place soon.

Yes it is quiet. But when most of our best players want to leave and the ones we want to bring in prefer to go somewhere else then it''s probably best to keep a low profile

[quote user="Making Plans"]Yes it is quiet. But when most of our best players want to leave and the ones we want to bring in prefer to go somewhere else then it''s probably best to keep a low profile[/quote]

Very much so

The Redmond deal was a gross undervalue for our best player. We''ll see what he does at Southampton when they let him attack. What a complete shambles yet again.

Let''s hope that "club''s in turmoil" doesn''t become an accurate reflection rather than a stale jibe.

but we have not kept out PL squad have we

right side weakened by redmond gone canos sent to u 21''s

javis doing darren anderton on us

olsson looks be going

brady looks to be going

1 striker jerome unless you count laffs who maybe gambled his career with his latest stunt

so you dont think that has not weakened us with 5 days to go to points start won or lost ?

We''ve not kept our Prem squad though have we, we''ve lost our 2 top scorers and most potent attacking threats from last season I believe and not really replaced them. Also it''s worth noting that this squad that people seem so happy we''ve kept together, were an absolute shambles for large parts of last season!

I''d say it''s been another terrible attempt at a transfer window.

Season starts this weekend

4 weeks time we might have lost points that could mean going up or staying down

maybe no left back

LM brady maybe not picked

one tweak to Jeromes hamstring we real are up sh1t creek

dorrens or howson RM as AN has not decided in Canos is ready

does that look like a team ready for the start of the season to you ? every 3 points this season are important not just the ones after the window has shut !

We''ve lost Bamford, Mbokani, RVW, O''Neil, Wisdom and Redmond and sent Rudd out on loan.

To compensate we have Canos who AN clearly doesn''t feel is ready as he hasn''t featured in the friendlies and a decent back up keeper to Ruddy.

On top of that we have serious concerns over losing Olsson, Brady, Vardis and Mulumbu.

Yes four weeks to go but to pretend that all is going to plan is ridiculous.

So we ''lost'' RVW, Wisdom and Bamford - who all did sweet FA for us. Big wow. Mbokani was only half-decent but would have done well in the champs; Brady and Olsson both leaving would be a concern, but we can easily cope with one.

Rudd going on loan is our choice as we now have better.

We have ''serious concerns'' about Mulumbu and Vadis? In reality we are happy to let them go - we are overstocked in those areas and need to shed some bodies.

So yes, we have so far absolutely kept nearly all our PL side, other than Redmond and those we are ok with losing. if others leave it is at our choosing.

We have Canos, who may take a little while as he''s clearly not had a full preseason but did play 30+ times for the side who finished 9th last season - so he''s absolutely up to it. We also have Maddison, Murphys and others who ought to now be ready.

IMO this transfer window is probably only a striker signing from being pretty decent, but the window does have 4 weeks before it shuts, not everything has to be done by Saturday.

Fair enough points Mr Pickle. I guess the difference in our viewpoints is that you feel the remaining squad is capable of doing a job in this division and We only need one striker to complete the picture. I however feel it is glaringly unbalanced.

We only have one striker.

We have loads of central midfielders but so few wide players that we often have to waste Wes and Howson out wide

The issues we had in defence have not been addressed and Olsson will be sorely missed. Fingers firmly crossed that the stays.

We only have one holding player in Tetty now that O,Neil has gone.

These are the things that needed addressing IMO.