Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Brady and Olsson

People talking about these two as if they are gone already, but they are key players for us at the start of this season.  The transfer window doesn''t close until September 1st and while these two are Norwich players, they have a very important role to play in the opening weeks for us.  Five possible games, where if they stay till the final day of the window, which is quite possible as we try to get maximum fees for them, then we have them to help us to a great start to the season.   I hope they both stay, obviously, but even if they are going, they could still be key to giving us a good start. 

Both are players that fall into that category of ''Could Be'' in terms of higher teams- a functional PL left back, and a decent PL ''I dunno, left side probably?''.

It would be late in the day to replace either- I imagine if West Ham are serious about Olsson then stump up at least 5-6 million, because no-one we''d want as a replacement will be any less.

Brady, on the other hand, I think could benefit from a year of reminding everyone WHY he''s thought of so highly. Pie-in-the-Sky Leicester and Who-The-Hell-Is Burnley aren''t what you would call sound rumours.

They''re human beings, not commodities [:|] If they''ve made their minds up that they''re better than the 2nd Division and NCFC, however wrong they and that maybe, attempting to keep hold of them will only prove to be detrimental.

The thing is, even if you don''t think the rumours are "sound" they are still out there.

Chances are both Brady''s agent and the people the club are using to deals are generating them or happy to let them be out there.

I mean we have heard Klose is staying. Surely AN could have added "Oh, yeah, and Robbie is up for staying too"?

[quote user="lake district canary"]at the start of this season.  a very important role to play in the opening weeks for us.  then we have them to help us to a great start to the season.they could still be key to giving us a good start.[/quote]I''ve just trimmed it down for you Lakey - But I''m still not sure if I understand what you''re trying to say. [;)] [:D]

Olsson £10-12m +

Brady £20-25m +

We get the hard ball treatment whenever we try and sign someone so we need to do the same.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Five possible games, where if they stay till the final day of the window, which is quite possible as we try to get maximum fees for them, then we have them to help us to a great start to the season.   [/quote]All very well LDC but if they stay "till the final day of the window" where does that leave us in terms of getting in replacements?Same as last year no doubt, Johnson out & too late to get anyone in or alternatively we''re panicked into buying a second or third choice who ultimately turns out to be another failure

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]at the start of this season.  a very important role to play in the opening weeks for us.  then we have them to help us to a great start to the season.they could still be key to giving us a good start.[/quote]I''ve just trimmed it down for you Lakey - But I''m still not sure if I understand what you''re trying to say. [;)] [:D][/quote]

Let me help you.......Having a good start to the season is starting to become the start of something that is really important at the start of a very significant season for us and for the start of our promotion push - and Brady and Olsson, before they start any possible new start at another club can contribute to that start by starting the season well for us.  Does that help, or shall I start again.....[:^)]

I get the impression that Brady going was known from the point of relegation, Olsson was probably offered a new contract and has decided not to commit, so I can understand that AN will look to cash in to strengthen. No coincidence that Toffolo has had a fair pre season and will no doubt be a squad member.

Lakey is right, we need to field our best players until they are gone and as pro''s they should still give all till gone.

I''m pretty sad to see Olsson go if he does as I''ve always rated him.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 2016-08-02 3:51 AM:

People talking about these two as if they are gone already, but they are key players for us at the start of this season. The transfer window doesn''t close until September 1st and while these two are Norwich players, they have a very important role to play in the opening weeks for us. Five possible games, where if they stay till the final day of the window, which is quite possible as we try to get maximum fees for them, then we have them to help us to a great start to the season. I hope they both stay, obviously, but even if they are going, they could still be key to giving us a good start.

So two players who are both very likely to leave prior to the 1st September or not, you think should be in the team for the fest five games. And what consistency, team bonding and team spirit will that bring to not only the side, but those called on to replace them? We have young talent at this club, and it''s about time AN started using it instead of players who don''t want to be here!

The notion that players who want to leave and are unhappy shouldn''t play and have to be sold is massively overplayed.

It is rhetoric whipped up by agents to force clubs to sell players, many clubs also buy into it as an excuse to sell their highest valued assets.

The reality is players who want to leave often continue to play and perform at a high level. You only have to look at Olsson the last time Norwich were in the Championship - he made it clear to the club he wanted to be in the Prem, even delaying shoulder surgery so he wouldn''t be injured during the summer window.

Norwich accepted a bid for him from WBA in the January window, and Olsson only missed out on the move by the paper work not being submitted in time. He still played 45 games that season for Norwich and was probably the best left back in the division.

Obviously there are some players who will throw their toys out of the pram and refuse to play but they are far less common than those who don''t.

With Brady I think AN wants to sell him, his value is sky high at the moment and probably far above his value to Norwich.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]The notion that players who want to leave and are unhappy shouldn''t play and have to be sold is massively overplayed.

It is rhetoric whipped up by agents to force clubs to sell players, many clubs also buy into it as an excuse to sell their highest valued assets.

The reality is players who want to leave often continue to play and perform at a high level. You only have to look at Olsson the last time Norwich were in the Championship - he made it clear to the club he wanted to be in the Prem, even delaying shoulder surgery so he wouldn''t be injured during the summer window.

Norwich accepted a bid for him from WBA in the January window, and Olsson only missed out on the move by the paper work not being submitted in time. He still played 45 games that season for Norwich and was probably the best left back in the division.

Obviously there are some players who will throw their toys out of the pram and refuse to play but they are far less common than those who don''t.

With Brady I think AN wants to sell him, his value is sky high at the moment and probably far above his value to Norwich.[/quote]

Absolutey this ^^^.   Olsson is not the kind to be unprofessional and neither do I think is Brady.  Both are key for us as long as they are here.

No Lakey, I don''t think Brady will feature as the key difference is that we need the money from his sale to finance other areas of the squad, so will protected from injury.

Olsson is still wanted and will go if the price is right.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]at the start of this season.  a very important role to play in the opening weeks for us.  then we have them to help us to a great start to the season.they could still be key to giving us a good start.[/quote]I''ve just trimmed it down for you Lakey - But I''m still not sure if I understand what you''re trying to say. [;)] [:D][/quote]

Let me help you.......Having a good start to the season is starting to become the start of something that is really important at the start of a very significant season for us and for the start of our promotion push - and Brady and Olsson, before they start any possible new start at another club can contribute to that start by starting the season well for us.  Does that help, or shall I start again.....[:^)][/quote][:D]

Olsson''s agent is now kicking off saying we''ve moved the goalposts on a release figure - fair to say Olsson wants OUT.

The last thing we want is for Olsson''s agent to be saying this when we are trying to sign players.

Big mistake to let McNally go before we found a replacement and worse to appoint replacement who cant start until after the important work is done.

It''s simple. What we need to do is be awkward barstards like Fulham have been with McCormack.

Yes he can go off to a PL side, if they pay what WE want. £10 million and not a penny under. If not, he will stay and see out his contract as a Norwich City player.

ok saying that timmy but just say the player does not turn up for training etc and becomes more of a pain to the others in the squad is it worth it ?

not saying olsson would do those things just a example ;-)

or get himself sent off in the first game of the season v Wolves, pushing the ref and getting a 3 match ban...

[quote user="norfolkngood"]ok saying that timmy but just say the player does not turn up for training etc and becomes more of a pain to the others in the squad is it worth it ?

not saying olsson would do those things just a example ;-)[/quote]Through mediocre to poor performances, Olsson acted as if he was too good for the Championship last time around - so did Bassong.

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]No, fair to say Olsson''s agent wants him out for a cut of the nice signing on fee and transfer fee.....[/quote]

No, irrespective of the agent, Olsson himself wants to leave - his agent has said he''s not prepared to play in the Championship.

He''s contracted to us, we''re entitled to ask for what we want. He''ll have to suck it up and get on with it or not play football as things stand.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]ok saying that timmy but just say the player does not turn up for training etc and becomes more of a pain to the others in the squad is it worth it ?

not saying olsson would do those things just a example ;-)[/quote]

Then he can train with the youth team.

i agree no player is bigger than the club

BUT we are going into blackburn game with our whole left side taken away !

the club must have known this MO must have said he was unhappy at going down

just hope the club did some forward planning

[quote user="norfolkngood"]i agree no player is bigger than the club

BUT we are going into blackburn game with our whole left side taken away !

the club must have known this MO must have said he was unhappy at going down

just hope the club did some forward planning[/quote]

How? Olsson hasn''t gone, Brady hasn''t gone or made noises about going, we may play diamond with Wes and Naismith. Murphy and Toffolo are third options to the aforementioned. Saying left side has been taken away is a slight exaggeration.