Sign in to follow this  
te94

Ageing Strikeforce

Not sure if im in the minority but I find it bizarre that our main transfer target this summer has seemingly been a player who turns 30 this month and is valued in excess of £12m.

Forward planning seems to be totally lacking here. He would have had no resale value and joined a strikeforce already in need of rejuvenation.

Jerome turns 30 this month,

Naismith turns 30 next month,

Lafferty turns 29 next month.

Just my opinion.

I am an old poster, and I agree.

Include; Naismith, wes, Jarvis. The forward line is getting old. True Madison, Murphy Murphy and canos are the right direction.

Mid; tettey, mulumbu, dorrans, howson - all 29-30 ish.

Defense; Martin, Olsson, Whittaker, turner, bassong - not young either.

It is an issue.

Son Heung-Min and Shinji Kagawa probably would be an improvement, yes.

Not sure we could convince them to come though. Wallets in crisis

[:''(]

Not too concerned regarding Jerome as he cost us less than £1m and is a half decent option in the champ. Despite his poor record. 3 seasons out of 12 he has scored more than 10 goals.

Naimsith was pretty woeful last season, and was pretty poor vs Hannover and if you sold him now you would get nowhere near the £8.5m we paid. Buy if he gets his act together can be a good champ player.

Lafferty what a waste of money he was £3-4m ? Will probably go on loan or leave for a small fee. How have got to the stage where our 2nd choice striker is a played Alex neil clearly doesn''t rate and one he has loaned out for the last 2 seasons.

Mccormack has a good record at this level but hasn''t featured in pre season so is well short of match fitness. Is way over priced. Rather sign a younger player like Assombalonga who if he does well would get sold for alot of money.

Blimey 30 is not past it my any means. In todays modern game with diets and squad rotation , players can go on much longer these days. And whats to stop us from signing younger forwards anyway, you cant beat a bit of experience. Plus a lot of players play there best football in there 30s, why buy younger players only to sell them on once they come into there prime, why not enjoy a few of there prime years with us.

We''re a small club with no external funding. Buying players for big money with little or no resale value is very short sighted.

think people need to wake up and actually realise we are in a poor state going into the first on the pitch.

Since relegation the same problems still exist and have got worse with only 2 strikers left. God help us if Jerome gets injured before Saturday. Left with Lafferty and Morris on the bench.

Been an absolute shambles this transfer window once again. suppose we are used to it now.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Another newish poster having a moan[/quote]

Makes a change from oldish posters having a moan