Sign in to follow this  
andgreen

Oh well

A squad that needs freshening up as was getting older according to Alex neil, has given new contracts to:

Whittaker - 32

Turner - 32

Tettey - 30

Dorrans - 29

Hoolahan - 34

Jerome - 29

Offered a new contract to 33yr old gary o''neil.

Signed a 32 year old keeper.

And are offering a club record for a short fat lad who turns 30 in the next 2 weeks.

Turner wasn''t a new contract, it was a clause which triggered with the promotion or something wasn''t it?Whitts is probably backup and you''d have let the rest leave on frees?

I''m just raising a point about something Alex neil said. An ageing squad I think he called it.

Would you have offered cameron jerome a 3 year deal. I wouldn''t. A man who has scored 10+ goals 3 times in 12 seasons.

Would you have offered Whittaker a new deal, I wouldn''t. The guy finished the season 4th choice right back behind 2 players who we still have.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Turner wasn''t a new contract, it was a clause which triggered with the promotion or something wasn''t it?Whitts is probably backup and you''d have let the rest leave on frees?[/quote]

Where''s the positive in your post?

I know you''re trying hard to find one but there''s none

Canos is 19, we just signed Maddison, we have Godfrey, Murphy x2, Toffolo, Thompson et al - so plenty of younger players, but clearly need experience as well. It is all about getting the right mix, we shouldn''t take what AN said as being cast in stone.

It is odd, isn''t it, that the overwhelming majority were extremely positive about Tettey, Hoolahan and Jerome extending their contracts, yet it is now a stick to beat the club with....

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]It is odd, isn''t it, that the overwhelming majority were extremely positive about Tettey, Hoolahan and Jerome extending their contracts, yet it is now a stick to beat the club with....[/quote]
Not odd, sad. We need experienced heads in the Championship.
But we are clearly becoming a division of old and young and no inbetweeners. I will give that to the OP.
And Wes could be 37 and I would still give him a contract. Some bodies just don''t age like others.

Branston Pickle wrote the following post at 03/08/2016 6:34 AM:

It is odd, isn''t it, that the overwhelming majority were extremely positive about Tettey, Hoolahan and Jerome extending their contracts, yet it is now a stick to beat the club with....

It''s not an excuse to use a stick to beat the club! You are missing the point. It''s definitely an issue to be debated. At last seasons end AN clearly stated we have an ageing squad which needs freshening up and to get rid of some dead wood. By all accounts to date AN has done nothing to support his statement. Along with the slow transfer window I believe this is what is frustrating supporters. Its almost as if AN just tells supporters what they want to hear.

What I would like now is for media folk to call out AN on his statement from last seasons end. They need to ask the hard questions. Do I think it will happen, no. NCFC probably shelters itself from the media asking said questions.

For the record, apart from our lack of striker options I''m quite content with our current squad and manager. Olsson wanting to leave is a little concerning but overall we should be there or there about come end of the season.

Hopefully AN will learn not to be a slight bit misleading with his statements as not to unrest supporters.

Branston Pickle wrote the following post at 2016-08-03 3:32 AM:

Canos is 19, we just signed Maddison, we have Godfrey, Murphy x2, Toffolo, Thompson et al - so plenty of younger players, but clearly need experience as well. It is all about getting the right mix, we shouldn''t take what AN said as being cast in stone.

And do you expect AN will play Godfrey, Murphy x2, Toffolo, Maddison et al, particularly as he pulled off Murphy after 12 minutes last Saturday, and introduced Dorrans, and then brought on Mulumbu in preference to ANY of the youngsters in the same game. Oh and the new 19yrs old Canos at a cost of 2.5 million plays in the U21''s! Just saying!