Sign in to follow this  
Hank shoots Skyler

Bamford??

What happened to him? Fair few calling for him to be signed this season but it''s all gone quiet..

I know he was poor for us in the Prem but the Championship Player of the Season not long ago at all. Would surely be a strong addition to our squad..why not?

I''m not sure - we had him for half the season and didn''t use him much, but AN would definitely know what he''s got to offer and whether he''d be worthwhile. Might be interesting to see if we try for him now that McCormack has apparently ''gone south'', but I wonder if Assombalonga might be more likely?

[quote user="Mr Angry"]After the Palace no-show? No thanks, I''d rather have Ricky back.[/quote]

History would tell you Bamford could do well, scored plenty of goals in this division with them. We''re not measuring his success in premier league as we''e no longer there

The problem with Bamford is that he doesn''t fit either of AN''s 2 preferred striker styles.1) He''s not built like a brick outhouse and thus more than capable of roughing it up against the biggest and toughest defenders in the league a''la Jerome/Mbokani2) He doesn''t have the pace, flexibility and overall work rate to work the channels a''la Grabban or similar.He''s clearly shown the ability to score goals at this level, but then failed to make any sort of real impact when given the chance in the prem (admittedly somewhat limited chances) and certainly didn''t do anything whilst on loan with us to suggest that this is where part of our transfer fund should be going, and if he couldn''t make the team when we were struggling in the firepower department last season, then he isn''t likely to do anything else this time (at least as long as AN is picking the side).

Hes certainly a proven championship player, Could be useful but would he want to come back when he was hardly played while here

I suspect AN doesn''t want him back, feels like there''s an attitude problem with him.