Sign in to follow this  
daisy

BIT STRANGE.

Lots of people complain that we don`t spend enough money on players yet when we look like spending big, lots of people complain?

It''s not strange at all.

It''s the same logic which states that when we win, we were lucky but when we lose we deserved it.

The same logic that states when we stay up it''s because other teams were on the beach, but when we go down we were useless.

The same logic that states all our successes are down to players and managers, and all our failings are down to the board.

You''ll get used to it.

There is a difference.

Most people want the club to spend more money.

Those same people would rather the club didn''t waste said money on overpriced players.

I''ve never cared about spending big, It''s about whether I feel a player is right for us or not. Ultimately whoever we sign whether it''s a free transfer or a huge transfer fee and whatever my opinion I hope they do well.

You are aware we''re entitled to debate it or should we all be cheering just because we are buying or attemptngo buy someone for in excess of 10m?

Also, we''re quite a diverse set of supporters - so some people probably don''t think things through and believe it''s easy to spend other peoples'' money, and some people are probably a bit more thoughtful and realise things are never as straightforward as they could be?

It''s a bit like why one political party can''t please everyone in the country at the same time.

I might want my partner to spend a good deal on money renovating a house - but would be angry if they spent £1000 on taps. It makes perfect sense to want value for money as well as healthy spending

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Yeah, let''s have an online vote for the players we should bid for. Great idea.[/quote]

You already take part in one just by being here.

How about people complain when we try to sign a big money player because "he''s not worth the money" and then people complain when we don''t sign him because another team pays even more money for him?

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Yeah, let''s have an online vote for the players we should bid for. Great idea.[/quote]
It worked wonders at Ebbsfleet [;)] Just vote everything from the pies right up to the starting eleven, the fans know best after all.
[;)]