Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

Olsson hand in transfer request.

[quote user="Ali K"]Hope we''ve got his replacement lined up[/quote]

way things are going brady will go too and we will be left with Toffolo and thats it

Gutted he has taken this route. He has played Champ level most of his career yet now he and his agent think he is better than that. He is good but in the Prem, below average at best. Good luck West Ham. With one year left let them line our pockets. He isn''t young for a LB. Toffolo is young.

Olsson is ageing - and not great in the Prem from what I have seen (other than the last few matches when he raised his game last season). I think we have to be more realistic about the future. If we get promoted, Olsson shouldnt be in contention with us imo. So sometimes it is just best to let players go. I think WH will come back with an improved offer. And we should accept anything that is close to our valuation - which I expect the club will think is around 5m.
If we fail to secure promotion next season he will become one of those plus thirties and his valuation will dive.
As for Toffolo, agreed he is short of what we need, but he is decent. He could be great. But we would have to replace Olsson imo.

If this news is true then we need to get rid of the bad apple asap. Having an unhappy player can quickly disrupt the rest of the playing squad. I remember thinking the same the last time it was rumoured Olsson was wanting a move.

Hopefully between AN, our scouts and the new transfer negotiators we have a replacement lined up. With the way things are going I''m not holding my breath. In my opinion it will be disastrous to start Whittaker at left back just as much as it is starting a new season with only one recognised championship striker!

I hear a lot on here about replacements but what in recent times provides evidence we will replace anyone. LB''s are rarer than strikers and we can''t find any of those. If he goes can''t see money being spent on replacing we are currently in the mode of saving our pennies for a rainy day next January.

Luke Garbutt has not been given a squad number at Everton according to SSNProbably going out on loan but might be for sale, is a very promising left back

[quote user="Paris aint German"]West Ham have made a loan offer for Davide Santon now, poor Martin[/quote]

Yes I saw that, he wont be going to West Ham if that deals go through plus Cresswell is only out until the end of Sept

Lol no. What I mean is wouldn''t surprise me if that''s what happens

Player desperate to leave and then it''s all "I''m glad we got the deal done"

Doing a "grant holt" so to speak