Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

Olsson hand in transfer request.

Given to understand that Mr Olsson and his agent are far from happy and he has handed in a transfer request.

His agent does sound like a bit of a tit - did he not do the same a couple of years ago, mouthing off like a fool, only for Olsson to still be here all this time later? You can''t blame MO for wanting to be in the PL but it is surely up to the club if it accepts an offer: perhaps he ought to be trying to get WHU to up their bid rather than moaning at us.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Are we seriously contemplating letting one of our only two PL level defenders leave?[/quote]Yes we are, and if you don''t like it, tough tits.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Are we seriously contemplating letting one of our only two PL level defenders leave?[/quote]I bet you really hope so, as that would constitute another excellent opportunity to pick holes in the club you pretend to support. That''d play right into your hands, actually. You could be the first person to call our inevitable relegation to League One! Hooray!

[quote user="Ali K"]We surely wouldn''t let him go.[/quote]If the money is good and the fact he doesn''t want to be here, then yes, yes we would and should.

Top post FTW BTW[:D]

No matter how good he is, if he doesn''t want to be here then he''s not going to give of his best.Might as well get rid now rather than have him contribute nothing this season and then walk out the door on a free next summer.You can lead a horse to water but you can''t make it drink

Making Plans wrote the following post at 2016-08-02 11:41 PM:

No matter how good he is, if he doesn''t want to be here then he''s not going to give of his best.

Might as well get rid now rather than have him contribute nothing this season and then walk out the door on a free next summer.

You can lead a horse to water but you can''t make it drink

I''ve said it once, and I''ll say it again, having watched him play Saturday I can only agree with you MP (gpbtw). It was clear to me that he didn''t want to be out there and your final sentence sums it up. He will be gone sooner rather than later.

Around the 5 million plus mark. String whoever out for longer and more if possible. Do a Fulham.......

After what I saw last Tuesday, if we can get £5m plus for Olsson, I would try and get Ryan Haynes from Coventry. Although young and not much league experience, he looked quick, strong, good defensive awareness and showed capability of playing as a left midfielder.

I am sure he would be up for the fight more than a whinging Olsson?

Snake

[quote user="Ali K"]Hope we''ve got his replacement lined up[/quote]

Can''t see the problem we can play Whitts at LB along with Bassong in the middle doing his Ali Shuffle. No problem to keep out of the bottom 3, Just

[quote user="Herman "]Around the 5 million plus mark. String whoever out for longer and more if possible. Do a Fulham.......[/quote]Be interesting to know what we paid Blackburn for him, but no one is going to pay 5m for his services - Patrice Evra went to Juventus for 1.5m just two short years ago, ffs [:S] Olsson doesn''t want to be here and he will prove detrimental to our cause if we hold out - take the 3m [Y] 

[quote user="Ali K"]Hope we''ve got his replacement lined up[/quote]Looking like Harry will have to step up to the plate until we sign another left-back with the 3m we receive for Olsson.

Olssen should be ashamed to have such an idiot agent, who has no doubt just irritated the club he is contracted to for another year, some clubs would let him just rot in the u21 . He might find his dreams of Prem football in tatters then!

The club will be in a mess without him but need to probably get best price and move on. Wouldnt put it past his agent to have phoned WHam and told them price required!

My concern as always is where is defensive cover why didnt AN realise Olssen wanted out and get cover.

If Brady leaves too will be a real problem.

Only a week to go now!

[quote user="daly"][quote user="Ali K"]Hope we''ve got his replacement lined up[/quote]

Can''t see the problem we can play Whitts at LB along with Bassong in the middle doing his Ali Shuffle. No problem to keep out of the bottom 3, Just[/quote]Don''t even jest, Daly [:|] Whittaker at LB is probably the plan [:$]

If he wants to play in the Premier he won''t be doing it very often at West Ham. They only want to cover for an injury - hence the low bid.

I suggest if he wants to learn from a class act, he has a look at the man in the 14 shirt!

Happy for him to go - whinging big I am.

Olssons a funny player. I actually think he''s a bit balls in the championship but looks much more the part in the prem. I don''t know if that''s due to attitude or not being suited to the Hurley of the champs. Still rather he stayed.

Re: Olsson hand in transfer request.

What''s with the winking eye on the OP?

So people like you ask!

Although, I think people here are missing a key point....

Olsson has not handed in a transfer request!

His agent has come out saying he wants to move and bad mouthing the club for not selling him cheap, but there is no report that he has handed in a transfer request. (Only a headline in the Essex Chronicle, which has started rumours, but no facts in the story to back up the baiting headline)

If he does hand one in, it will waive his right to various bonuses and staggered payments, likely to be worth hundreds of thousands of pounds. That is why his agent is going to the press to try and force it, to get the move and keep the bonuses.