Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

In what possible way does pritchard replace McCormack?

The transfer policy seems bizarre!

Plan A: spend a fortune on an over priced forward who doesn''t fit our style

Plan B: Move onto a completely different style of player, a midfielder in fact and still leave us with the obvious gaps up front.

Just doesnt seem to be any coherence or strategy at present- just like last summer....

I wouldn''t say we''ve moved on, i''m sure he''s always been a target but maybe wouldn''t have been able to afford him yet with Brady still here and if we were about to shell out £11 million on a striker.
If he comes in, presume Brady will go and we''ll use those funds to bring in a striker or two.

Fair enough. I hope that is it! Not at all confident though...looks more like a knee jerk signing to stave of anger from having got everyone thinking McC was on his way...

Pritchard can score half the goals we need from midfield! 12 in 45 at Brentford. At only 8m, we still have cash available - lets say 5-6m for another striker. Possibly a lot more when we sell Brady. We have a whole month to find one.
We do have a silly amount of midfielders now however. We need to offload Mulumbu, Vadis, and Andrea somehow.

Maybe naismith will play through the middle sometimes? Or maybe we will buy a Connor Wickham type forward who won''t score as many as mccormack but will help the midfield score a load. Got a feeling Morris could do this job if he was given a chance.

Well put Lesso, i cant figure why people try and second guess the transfer market, most, me included , KNOW SOD ALL about whass gorn on.

Lets all accept that all involved at NCFC are doing all they can to get the players in that AN wants. Its not Pokemon guys.

You''ll get used to the idea. McCormack was very old for footballer so he had to go and live on a farm. Pritchard is different but over time you''ll learn to love him as much as you love dear old McCormack but in a diferent way, not better just different.

It doesn''t. With our current forward options we will not be competitive this season. I hope Neil and the board have an ace up there sleeve because it''s looking like we''ve blown our budget on a position that didn''t need strengthening. I''m sure he is a great player and a great signing but what we need to gain promotion is a 20+ scoring forward as our current forwards won''t get that between them. If we get that player signed then this will be a great signing

O''Neill gone, Vadis on his way, Mulumbu likely to be gone soon and Brady soon afterwards....4 midfielders out and one in.

[quote user="Timmy Time"]Umm he doesn''t. Are people that thick?[/quote]Worst cases of tunnel vision. Always take place during silly season.Short term Brady replacement. Potentially long term Wes replacement.Also a good player not going to a side that will be a big threat this year.