Sign in to follow this  
Jarrolder

We've been here before

So the preseason is nearing it''s conclusion and yet again we''ve made very little signings. The press and club do their best to convince us that Canos is someone to get excited about but then we hear he may not make the team. We get players renewing contracts at regular intervals as if to cover up the lack of signings. We then get news that bids are coming in for some of our best players. Please don''t end up that we lose them and "go with what we''ve got" as if none of us remember just how poor the majority of the team were last season.

Here''s hoping that something happens this week, Mccormack or at least plan B but hopefully not plan D.

Agree with the statement about McCormack, don''t think we''ve needed to add much as we haven''t lost as many as some may have expected at the start of the season.

To me, this isn''t the same as last season where we were taking a step up so needed to strengthen, retaining players that will still be committed is massive!!! - subject to a good striker, in my opinion the squad is stronger than it was last time we were promoted.

Let''s hope for nice surprise but starting to lose hope lol

No signing now is likely to effect the Blackburn game so as we are for that at least.

Maybe, although Neil seemed to suggest we''d have someone in by the end of the week didn''t he? If we have McCormack in by the end of the week, I''d be delighted as we probably all would.

Well, with the midfield spoken for surely to God, knowing for sometime that the likelihood of Brady & Olsson leaving the club was nigh on inevitable, defensive signings should''ve been imperative - we''re going to need another left-back other than Toffolo -- we''ve been fortunate enough to keep Klose, but where''s his fellow and competent centre-half? And when did talks with McCormack begin exactly?Everything''s been left a tad too f*cking late again hasn''t it! [:@]

Why is Brady and Olsson leaving inevitable? Not seen any evidence to suggest that.

My assertion that McCormack is likely to sign before the end of the week was sepculation based on tangible noises coming from the club and a lot of media noise, it may be someone other than McCormack I guess though.

Besides, you don''t buy players as reinforcements because someone may leave .... You could end up with two lots of wage bills and unhappy players both expecting to play first team football.

[quote user="Cobain18"]Besides, you don''t buy players as reinforcements because someone may leave .... You could end up with two lots of wage bills and unhappy players both expecting to play first team football.[/quote]And there lies the point you''re clearly missing, Cobaine - Olsson & Brady will already be unsettled, especially the former - I can fully understand why we would hang on to them in the hope of improved monetary offers, but it will inevitably create disharmony throughout the squad the longer they''re here.

[quote user="Jools"][quote user="Cobain18"]Besides, you don''t buy players as reinforcements because someone may leave .... You could end up with two lots of wage bills and unhappy players both expecting to play first team football.[/quote]And there lies the point you''re clearly missing, Cobaine - Olsson & Brady will already be unsettled, especially the former - I can fully understand why we would hang on to them in the hope of improved monetary offers, but it will inevitably create disharmony throughout the squad the longer they''re here.[/quote]Disagree.  They are both professionals and if interested in wanting to move, the best way of them securing the move they may want is to perform well on the pitch.  No point in locking them out just because there is some interest in them - they should be out there, earning their move.  Being unsettled only happens if they are unhappy and desperate to get away and neither player has cause to be unhappy with their lot at Norwich.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jools"][quote user="Cobain18"]Besides, you don''t buy players as reinforcements because someone may leave .... You could end up with two lots of wage bills and unhappy players both expecting to play first team football.[/quote]And there lies the point you''re clearly missing, Cobaine - Olsson & Brady will already be unsettled, especially the former - I can fully understand why we would hang on to them in the hope of improved monetary offers, but it will inevitably create disharmony throughout the squad the longer they''re here.[/quote]Disagree.  They are both professionals and if interested in wanting to move, the best way of them securing the move they may want is to perform well on the pitch.  No point in locking them out just because there is some interest in them - they should be out there, earning their move.  Being unsettled only happens if they are unhappy and desperate to get away and neither player has cause to be unhappy with their lot at Norwich.

[/quote]You have no understanding of the human psyche and you''re far too one-dimensional. I''d be very surprised if you please your wife both physically and especially mentally. Are you sponsored to wear that hat?

[quote user="Jools"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jools"][quote user="Cobain18"]Besides, you don''t buy players as reinforcements because someone may leave .... You could end up with two lots of wage bills and unhappy players both expecting to play first team football.[/quote]And there lies the point you''re clearly missing, Cobaine - Olsson & Brady will already be unsettled, especially the former - I can fully understand why we would hang on to them in the hope of improved monetary offers, but it will inevitably create disharmony throughout the squad the longer they''re here.[/quote]Disagree.  They are both professionals and if interested in wanting to move, the best way of them securing the move they may want is to perform well on the pitch.  No point in locking them out just because there is some interest in them - they should be out there, earning their move.  Being unsettled only happens if they are unhappy and desperate to get away and neither player has cause to be unhappy with their lot at Norwich.

[/quote]You have no understanding of the human psyche and you''re far too one-dimensional. I''d be very surprised if you please your wife both physically and especially mentally. Are you sponsored to wear that hat?[/quote]

Lol.  Or maybe you have no idea what "professionial" means.

Easy Jools man, having a go at poor old Lakey. Didn''t you enjoy your first day back at work?

[quote user="Jools"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Jools"][quote user="Cobain18"]Besides, you don''t buy players as reinforcements because someone may leave .... You could end up with two lots of wage bills and unhappy players both expecting to play first team football.[/quote]And there lies the point you''re clearly missing, Cobaine - Olsson & Brady will already be unsettled, especially the former - I can fully understand why we would hang on to them in the hope of improved monetary offers, but it will inevitably create disharmony throughout the squad the longer they''re here.[/quote]Disagree.  They are both professionals and if interested in wanting to move, the best way of them securing the move they may want is to perform well on the pitch.  No point in locking them out just because there is some interest in them - they should be out there, earning their move.  Being unsettled only happens if they are unhappy and desperate to get away and neither player has cause to be unhappy with their lot at Norwich.

[/quote]You have no understanding of the human psyche and you''re far too one-dimensional. I''d be very surprised if you please your wife both physically and especially mentally. Are you sponsored to wear that hat?[/quote]

Wow, that was uncalled for.

Truth is, no one knows what their mental state is, we do know Olsson performed last time he got relegated with us. You run a football club based on facts, not something that may or may not happen (ie players may leave).

Cobain18 wrote the following post at 2016-08-02 3:45 AM:

Why is Brady and Olsson leaving inevitable? Not seen any evidence to suggest that.

My assertion that McCormack is likely to sign before the end of the week was sepculation based on tangible noises coming from the club and a lot of media noise, it may be someone other than McCormack I guess though.

Really - so the West Ham bid of 3 million for Olsson yesterday doesn''t suggest his leaving is quite possible, and the fact that Brady wasn''t included in the friendly squad last Saturday because of a ''tight calf muscle'' he had incurred at the end of last season ''tightened up again in training''! Somehow it didn''t affect his Euro displays for the republic, in fact it wasn''t even mentioned!

That should tell you that just maybe they will be leaving!

Jools throwing his toys out of the pram again!

This is the type of behaviour that got his previous persona banned. [;)]

I think many are under estimating our championship opposition. We may have a team capable of promotion but so do many who stayed in the champ last season.

We do have upgrades but I feel we need a few more to have the confidence that many have of our immediate return.

Sign some first teamers and then I may share a more positive outlook. Right now we are very much I the mix but we saw chasing down Watford as bournemouth was very hard and they were no other relegated clubs.

Absolutely agree with the OP.

I''ve got a nasty feeling that we are approaching this all wrong. Yes, on paper, we have a decent squad but IMO we desperately need it freshening up with some new blood. Relegation is a tough experience to overcome, as numerous clubs can testify. Are we asking too much to expect this group to overcome it twice? I think so.

Jools has a huge point about psyche. Yes our players will be professional as LDC says but they are still human. We all see how a players/teams confidence can be transformed when they play well or score. The opposite happens when things wrong, like getting relegated. Determination is not the same as confidence.

Also, re-signing the old guard might make a few headlines but it''s not addressing the unbalanced nature of our squad. We have enough central mid-fielders to sink a battleship but other than Brady and Jarvis we have very few wide options and often end up having to play Wes and Howson out of position.

We have only one striker who can lead the line but three number 10''s and are looking to bring in another. Don''t forget we have lost Mbokani, Bamford, and RVW and are now relying almost 100% on Jerome, who has had his confidence hit severely last season, to lead the line.

We have five centre halves (including Turner) but only one who is fully up to the task.

Obviously there is still time to change things around but it looks to me that the club has made a conscious decision to keep the squad together rather than address some of the issues from last year. Fingers crossed that''s the right thing to do.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Disagree.  They are both professionals and if interested in wanting to move, the best way of them securing the move they may want is to perform well on the pitch.  No point in locking them out just because there is some interest in them - they should be out there, earning their move.  Being unsettled only happens if they are unhappy and desperate to get away and neither player has cause to be unhappy with their lot at Norwich.

[/quote]So you don''t think that spending time at the Euros with the besdt players from the top leagues around Europe might have turned their heads so to speak and to engineer a move they must knuckle down on a cold November mid week evening in The Championship ?

If a player knows bigger clubs, who are going to pay higher wages, are interested in him, then it''s completely naïve to think it wouldn''t have an effect.

If any of us were linked with a higher paid job at a more esteemed business - would it affect our work ethic and performance? In most cases it probably would in some way - it''s human nature.

As a side note, we simply cannot be bringing in hordes of players before we move our current unwanted ones on. This is a really simple principle and why the majority of clubs in the country haven''t done a lot of business.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]Disagree.  They are both professionals and if interested in wanting to move, the best way of them securing the move they may want is to perform well on the pitch.  No point in locking them out just because there is some interest in them - they should be out there, earning their move.  Being unsettled only happens if they are unhappy and desperate to get away and neither player has cause to be unhappy with their lot at Norwich.

[/quote]So you don''t think that spending time at the Euros with the besdt players from the top leagues around Europe might have turned their heads so to speak and to engineer a move they must knuckle down on a cold November mid week evening in The Championship ?[/quote]

I think it depends on the player.  Olsson has shown good character while here and so I believe has Brady.  Other players, especially younger ones might find it more difficult when speculation is around.  Olsson and Brady have seen it before and I would expect them to be the professionals they are and give their best if selected.  The bottom line for them is that if they want to move and if selected for us, it is in their interest to be at their best anyway, to encourage any potential buyers.

Do we not think that if McCormack wanted to be here, he would be already? I''m not saying we won''t sign him but I''ve heard from several Fulham fans that he wants to stay in a big city. It''s Naismith all over again, just even sillier money this time.

from Olsson''s agent:

“Martin is very clear that he does not want to play in the Championship and he wants to take the next step. He would particularly like to play in the Premier League, when he was so good in the Championship too. Martin is not a Championship player. But we do not give up. We are optimistic.”

So thats him out. Brady to follow and McCormack not coming. The cracks are showing....

lets face it we could be opening the season we no left side

brady and olsson going

and no strikers only jerome

lafferty caught up in betting scandal

we are playing this transfer window worse than the last one !