Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Who is up for it ?

So a call to the so called "yellow army" who frequent this forum, how many of you will be at Blackburn on Saturday? (wonder how many will even visit Carrow Road this season)

I will be there, always am, and that is not me being clever, but how many will really be supporting the boy''s come Saturday, if you are up for it, and it is a big call, show yourself on here, OTBC

I won''t, because quite frankly I can''t be arsed dragging myself all the way to Blackburn. I''ll be at Carrow Road though, just like I''ve been the last 15 seasons...

Nah. I think I''ll just stay at home and watch the game on my radio, ring up Canary Call and post my moaning thoughts on this message board. Well, at least I would if I was like a lot of the miserable sods on this board.

Instead, I''ll be at most games supporting the club and players and trying to find positives where I can. I might moan a bit, but the enjoyment of watching my team through the ups and down of a season is one I thoroughly enjoy and have done for several years now.

If the squad are up for it........Maybe the support will then be up for it?

Wonder what comes first MY, a bit chicken and egg I thinks ? easy to choose your club, hard to shake it off.

This caricature that fans who moan on here don''t go to games and aren''t proper supporters is just a bit silly. I''ve been pretty down on our performance over the last 12 months yet I''m a season ticket holder who attends every home game and 3-4 away games a season.

I''ll support the team when I''m in the stadium (although I fully reserve my right to boo at the end of a game if they''ve been shit) but I don''t have to blindly clap along and be delighted at every aspect of what we do.

Blackburn is too far for me really. I''m looking at Birmingham away for my first game of the season. The one nice thing about dropping to the Championship is there are closer away days to me.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I''ll be there as always and will report back. Not been since the 2012 defeat when I vaguely seem to remember Lambo going three at the back.[/quote]
Yeah pretty sure I was there for that one. Wasn''t it one of Howson''s early performances for us? We looked a bit all over the place in that game if I remember correctly.
As for the OP, I''m really looking forward to this season, OTBC!

King Canary wrote;

I''ll support the team when I''m in the stadium (although I fully reserve my right to boo at the end of a game if they''ve been *) but I don''t have to blindly clap along and be delighted at every aspect of what we do.

Agree, if going to let the manager / board / team know disappointed no harm in doing it after a poor performance that warrants it, did it myself at Southampton in the Houghton era.

I wont be at Blackburn but am hooping to do at least 7/8 away games this season but will be at CR for all the home games just like I always am

pliff wrote;

I will be there with the wife she loves NCFC so do I.(YTID)

Pliff great to hear, I often have the Mother in law (better than kissing her goodbye, as Les Dawson used to say)the wife and 13 year old daughter at 99% of the games I go to, and they all love it, This thread has reassured me there are more genuine fans than negative so called club beaters, and its not about away games all the time.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]So a call to the so called "yellow army" who frequent this forum, how many of you will be at Blackburn on Saturday? (wonder how many will even visit Carrow Road this season)

I will be there, always am, and that is not me being clever, but how many will really be supporting the boy''s come Saturday, if you are up for it, and it is a big call, show yourself on here, OTBC[/quote]

Nope. Am a satellite plastic once or twice a season man....

Nope, plastic to the core.

Instead, I''ll be at East Stirlingshire vs. Vale of Leithen in the glamorously named Ferrari Packaging Lowland League.

Apples

Ill be at every game again from Derby. 13th consecutive Away ST, and 18th home. I reckon I pass your test?...

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"] how many of you will be at Blackburn on Saturday? (wonder how many will even visit Carrow Road this season) [/quote]Yeah, I''ll be there...and at CR for the next two games.  Three matches, hoping for nine points, top of the league before going to you know where.That would be some start.

Well done LDC and MJ, then you guys usually find the positives anyway.

Apples in my days up there it Meadowbank or Ferranti we had to look forward to, you ought to head East for your real football and watch Linlithgow Rose or Broxburn, # mans football ;-)

Positives come and go very quickly with this club.

Blind loyalty, often stupidity, remains forever - unfortunately.

Bring on Ewood. OTBC

The Pussy Wagon will be hitting the road early Saturday morning Lessingham carrying myself Duncan, Graham Humphrey and Hammond 1612.

TIL1010; The Pussy Wagon will be hitting the road early Saturday morning Lessingham carrying myself Duncan, Graham Humphrey and Hammond 1612.

Wow thats some load in a pussy wagon, i will pull over and let you thru if see you with your blues and two''s...............

I shall be a plastic for away games again this season. First away game was wolves in 1971. Since then my away record has fluctuated from AST to no games at all due to my prevailing circumstances. I will be there in spirit from my armchair where I will drink bovril from my plastic cup to commemorate my latest circumstances.

So make sure you give a happy clap from me. No boos though....