Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

McCormack signed for villa time to move on..

Don''t be a tw@t. Just letting people know as I saw it in real time. A post thread appears on here every time there''s a link to a player, or a signing is confirmed or goes elsewhere. It''s a forum after all.

There''s no reason why you couldn''t have posted on the existing McCormack thread. It''s what I would have done, & 90% of other posters. After all, it was hardly privileged information.

You''re effectively spamming. Clogging up an already crowded board. It''s easy to do. Fortunately most have the good grace not to do so.

Mildly disappointed, as he could well have scored us the goals we need to get out of this division and I couldn''t give a flying one about re-sale value or otherwise. However, I''m also fairly philosophical about it and appreciate there is only so far a club of our stature can bid. Let''s see what transpires between now and the end of the season. Football is often full of surprises; some nicer then others. I''m just excited for Saturday at the moment.

Some people, myself included get bored with the off-topic drivel that inevitably transpires on this forum on a 40 something page thread. Also that thread topic referenced a few agreed to Fulham for us to buy RM. What relevance is that to him signing for a totally different club? A totally different topic my man. Why not just have one post whereby we just talk about everything in that case? Come on now.

ron obvious wrote the following post at 04/08/2016 4:52 PM:

There''s no reason why you couldn''t have posted on the existing McCormack thread. It''s what I would have done, & 90% of other posters. After all, it was hardly privileged information.

You''re effectively spamming. Clogging up an already crowded board. It''s easy to do. Fortunately most have the good grace not to do so.

It''s a forum and he can post what he wants when he wants where he wants. Are you the forum police? Dry your tears princess!

[quote user="king canary"]What Ron said.[/quote]

If you and him don''t like it, don''t comment. Simple. Trust me, no one will lose any sleep having you pointlessly chirp in.

12 million fee and 45,000 a week!!!

Over the 4 years that''s over 21 million pounds... for someone who is 30 and no top-flight experience.

Gutted to miss out on him, but that''s crazy, crazy money.

[quote user="Ian"]12 million fee and 45,000 a week!!!

Over the 4 years that''s over 21 million pounds... for someone who is 30 and no top-flight experience.

Gutted to miss out on him, but that''s crazy, crazy money.[/quote]

I''m glad we didn''t match this. Villa truly could slip down the leagues now if it all goes wrong. They haven''t addressed their leaky defense either, have they? Saw they sold Clark to NUFC

[quote user="lharman7"]ron obvious wrote the following post at 04/08/2016 4:52 PM:

It''s a forum and he can post what he wants when he wants where he wants. Are you the forum police? Dry your tears princess![/quote]

Yep. Also I can post what I want, so I posted my sarcastic comment. Lovely this forum lark isn''t it?

I''m pleased we didn''t get him, at that price it just shows how mad transfer have become, particularly as others have out for a 30yr old with no top flight experience and who can''t get in to the Scotland side.

IF Villa get promoted, he''ll end up being a loanee as with that bonkers owner he''ll not settle for that kind of player in the Premier a League and no-one else will be able to afford to buy him based on these numbers.

Good move for him financially but not a great one for long-term career longevity!

[quote user="Ian"]12 million fee and 45,000 a week!!!

Gutted to miss out on him, but that''s crazy, crazy money.[/quote]This needs repeating. That is just ridiculous money. Would have liked him here but glad we were gazumped in the end.

I for one am grateful for this thread, I currently have no permanent internet so am having to use what little data I have to catch up on news and opt to visit the pinkun instead of data-heavy image and advert filled websites! So thanks OP!

As for this, whilst I think McCormack could have been a good fit for us, I think signing a 30 year old for 12 million on hefty wages probably doesn''t make much business sense. I''m sure we have other options, I''m just not so sure we''ll get them in before Saturday now though.

Agree with you Seattle, it''s a forum, don''t take the moaning personally ;-)

As for McCormack, there you go , I''m glad it''s done and dusted. Just hope we still get a striker in to support the ones we have. I would prefer a good loan than a wayward signing! 12 million for an "ageing" striker...wtf has happened in football! I remember the hubbub about us signing Flecky for a six figure sum...

I was a big fan of us signing him, but also think that price is extremely (too?) high - and probably only done so that the new Villa owner can ingratiate himself with the fans.

He might score goals and fire them into the PL, but is as likely not to - he''s not fired any of his previous to promotion, Fulham even flirted with relegation last season. There''s many players out there for less who could do an excellent job, we just need to find one!

If there is any truth to the £45k a week then I have to hold my hands up and admit the club have taken the sensible option here.

Hey, at £12m and 45k per week, that Villa owner Dr Xia sure taught us a lesson!!!

(AV) #howtospunkyourmoney

(NCFC) #howtododgeabullet

45k a week is ludicrous money in the Champs. They could still be in this league in 4 years with a 34yo McCormack in the reserves.

I mean, don''t get me wrong I think he will score goals, but he scored goals for Fulham both years and they finished 17th and 20th.