Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

We Are In For Pritchard

As I said when I thought he was going elsewhere, he has effectively had a season out injured, so there would be a question mark over him, but was certainly decent for Brentford beforehand. He''s not an out and out striker, but isn''t far off. If replacing Brady we could do worse.

With Pritchard left side and Canos right, we''d have two wingers that are great at cutting inside, but not so great at traditional wing crossing.Unless AN really is looking to change his established system and method of play, I''m struggling to understand what exactly we''re thinking of doing tbh.That aside, I think Pritchard would be a great addition, but share concerns that we''re fairly well stocked in his preferred position and if this signing meant we didn''t have enough to get the key striker we need then it''s a real problem.Maybe AN is thinking of using Pritchard like McCormack, but that then makes me wonder WTF he''s going to do with Wes/Naismith/Maddison!

This says we are in for him and brighton think hes coming here

http://m.theargus.co.uk/sport/14658717.Albion_deal_for_Pritchard_hijacked_by_Norwich/?ref=twtrec

I''d love to hear the details regarding this supposed ''illegal approach'' that the article is claiming we''ve made.

If Brady is (sadly) off, then the best replacement we could hope for is Pritchard imo - he would have been top of my list. Cracking player, and adds to our attacking threat.

Still need another striker in, and I wouldn''t mind a Tettey type CM (presuming Mulumbu goes) as Tettey (although a great player) has a glass knee and Dorrans just isn''t that good imo.

Illegal approach eh? I hope the Argus is prepared to back up its claims, or I can see them landing in hot water...

Would be a great replacement for Brady

Just hope we can act as fast for a striker to compete with CJ - given ANs "advanced stage with alternatives" comment.

However I really do not see us setting up with wingers this year.

I think we will see a more fluid attacking line up, with midfielders both tracking back and moving wide as needed, relying heavily on the full back to provide the width.

Neither Canos nor Pritchard are wingers, although can operate wider, like wes they have a natural tendency to want to influence centrally. I think we will see a narrow attack together with bodies closer to and more importantly often ahead of Jerome.

The murphys & Jarvis can provide a wing option but even the murphys have impressed more in the centre in pre season.

I saw that Hughton was intending to use him as a second striker, playing him off the big man. Isn''t that what we wanted McCormack to do? If so this is a cheaper, albeit still expensive, deal for a much younger player. He scored 12 goals in season before last at Brentford, so could be a good deal for us.

Whilst not wanting to get too excited, I''m sure the deal is some way off yet, this would be a fantastic signing.

He was the heartbeat for a very good Brentford side that nearly achieved promotion to the premier league 2 years ago.

IMO, the most creative signing since Hoolahan. Please get his over the line.

Missing out on Mcormack is dissapointing, but the are others capable of filling them shoes. Simialar to Hoolahan, there aren''t many in pool of players available to us with such natural ability.

This image has turned up on Twitter, which is why people are saying he is there.[IMG]https://s32.postimg.org/p6eyyhcs5/Co7ix_G8_W8_AAw_Wo9.jpg[/IMG]I''m not sure myself. I''m fairly sure the dark-haired fellow is Lee Darnbrough. It could be Pritchard if he''s wearing one of those ridiculous long t-shirts, or it''s a woman.

If this goes through, It probably spells the end for Brady. Pritchard would be a fantastic replacement though. I imagine one of the Murphy''s will be shipped out on loan too as adding Pritchard would leave us with (by my count) 8 players competing for (at most) 3 places in an xi.

Need to get a number 9 over the line ASAP now.

If this is true then I can see us not signing another striker and pushing Naismith up instead, with Canos and Pritchard cutting inside playing balls into feet it would play to Naismith''s strengths and with Wes/Maddison playing in the hole we could see some excellent interplay breaking into the box (as we have on a couple of occasions in the friendlies). That would also work with the Murphys who seem to like that kind of approach as well.

I''d be extremely happy with Pritchard but not at the expense of a striker.

Its OK saying we''ve have plenty in that area but we cant turn down a player of this quality. Wes''s best days are gone and Madison may need time. Also, Pritchard is versatile and could slot in on either side.

It is slightly frustrating though, we seem to be getting shafted in the transfer market, Fulham squeezing every penny from us, but West Ham only bidding £3M for a international fullback. Paying £8M for Pritchard but only getting £11M for Premier League proven Redmond. We appear very very weak.

think he will add quality to the midfield and in fact replace any other our midfield we have now bar wes

thing is that is a good lump of redmonds fee gone

so how much left for a striker ?

cornish sam, indeed that''s much the way we seemed to play pre-season, & it was certainly more effective than the peachy-cross- to- striker-with-open-goal approach. jerome himself also looked quite at home with this system.

Personally I find it very satisfying to watch, & Wes'' new found discovery of his right foot seems to have turned him into a goal scoring machine; is it my imagination, or has he been doing some upper body work lately? He seemed half a yard quicker to. I think the Euros have really put a spring in his step.

I think we could really do with a Mbokani type player to mix it up when necessary, playing the same way leaves you open to being ''found out'' & neutralised by the opposition. But with 4 or 5 players all capable of scoring notwithstanding we would be difficult to stop; this could be a really exciting season. Optimism setting in again!