Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

We Are In For Pritchard

Brighton web board must be in melt down after they have spent time negotiating and agreeing deal and little norwich have come in and gzumped the deal with a counter bid at the 11th hour. Must be calling for the board to be sacked surely😀

It ain''t over till the fat lady sings. If he hadn''t signed on the dotted line, he was still in the open market!

Actually no they are not, they just signed Norwood the Reading midfielder, which has lightened their day up a bit, same as Pritchard has for us afer days of McCormack logjam.If Pritchard signs, he could be immense in the future, id imagine this 8 mill could have add ons to it, making it quite a big layout eventually, but surely worth it.

Well ya possibly, but no two deals are ever the same, just look at McCormack, Villa beat us to him by paying an extra million or so. May be the same scenario with Pritchard at City, not just  higher wage for him, maybe the amount City pay Spurs will be higher than Brighton agreed with them, time will tell.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Well ya possibly, but no two deals are ever the same, just look at McCormack, Villa beat us to him by paying an extra million or so. May be the same scenario with Pritchard at City, not just  higher wage for him, maybe the amount City pay Spurs will be higher than Brighton agreed with them, time will tell.[/quote]This seems to support your view........

49m49 minutes ago

I understand the Pritchard deal with Norwich is pretty much done. Fee thought to be substantially more than that agreed with

[quote user="dibbler"]Til, You mean a bit like the strikers........Mbokani, Bamford and RVW out and nobody in ?I thought you were sharper than that, Loan, Loan and only £250k is not going to buy much.[/quote]3 players who play as strikers off the books since May and as yet not one replacement.

Dammit, I just made the mistake of watching a Pritchard/Brentford highlights video... very exciting potential signing!

With a ladle sized helping of hindsight, if I had been given a straight choice in May between Pritchard and McCormack I''d have been far keener for us to sign Pritchard.

It''s an exciting (if we pull it off....) signing but the proviso is that we HAVE to bolster our forward line. If we get him, we''ll have a plethora of technically gifted, exciting support players. We could play some real exciting football with these guys, we just need to ensure that there''s a bloke there to finish the chances that we''ll undoubtedly create.

Completely agree with this Duncan. Our midfield looks exciting but its a finisher required. Personally would like us to get Wells

I wonder if, unless we bring in 2 strikers this month, Neil will look to use Naismith as more of an out-and-out front man?

I think the deal will amount to something similar, we are just putting more down initially - I read in the Argus (local paper in Brighton) that it was something like £4m rising to £8m and was fairly complex: we''ve probably done a bit of a Villa and started at £6m with fewer complexities.

If anyone fancies a good laugh, go take a look at the Pritchard thread on one of the Brighton forums:[url]http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?341172-Alex-Pritchard[/url]Absolutely hilarious, he goes from Messiah, to Judas, to complete nobody over the space of 140 pages.They are under the delusion that is Brighton a bigger and better club than ours, and that clearly Pritchard is just a money grabbing scumbag as there''s no other reason he''d pick us over them!What''s even funnier is that some of their posters make the usual Pink''Un nutters seem pretty sane by comparison.I''ve still yet to see or hear ANY supporting evidence regarding the alleged ''Illegal Approach'' we are meant to have made, and frankly it just looks like a journo going a bit OTT tbh.

Apparently the ''illegality'' of the approach is Norwich contacted the player directly to tell him to hold of signing a contract with Brighton. They did this before agreeing a fee with Tottenham and thus gaining permission to speak to the play.

The reality is, Tottenham don''t care Norwich went straight to the player as they were looking to sell him anyway. Brighton can''t bring charges against Norwich as he wasn''t their player to tap-up.

Good to see Norwich bending the rules a little, does suggest the agents who Norwich brought in to help handle transfers are doing their job well - despite all the wailing from fans.

Is there actually anything illegal in contacting a player''s agent to tell them the club is interested? Hardly tapping up is it...?

I think Brighton can be reasonably justified in being a bit miffed, doing all the groundwork for it to fall apart at the last minute (the deal was ''complex'' apparently) - but you can argue we have done similar with McCormack, so that''s just the way it goes. IMO the journo shouldn''t really have used the word ''illegal'', but is clearly a miffed BHA fan.

I did read down a couple of threads on the Argus where he was great when possibly signing and is now a bullet dodged - if he''s not good enough to play for WBA he''s not good enough for them, apparently. That WBA are a fixture in the PL for more seasons than Brighton have ever played in the top flight seems to have passed them by.

Rules state that a club cannot speak to a player or his representative without permission from his current club. That is the definition of ''tapping up''.

Clubs often bypass this by speaking to a third party, who then speaks to the player''s representative. It is shaky ground of the legality of that as well.

Clubs don''t normally get too annoyed by it as it generally happens both ways.

If posters think the EDP football journalism leaves something to be desired...What was bizarre was that yesterday''s Brighton Argus story, by the chief sports writer, used the weasel-worded phrase "apparent last-ditch illegal approach" - so was it or wasn''t it? - and then did nothing to justify the claim or explain it. So fans there and here were left to try to work out for themselves what basis there was, if any. And now today''s story, about how Brighton are "seething", which would be the perfect (if belated) place to explain this apparent illegality, makes no mention of it...

This will be the strangest of signings should it materialise.

I do not recall us showing any interest in the player up till this point. No rumours, no nothing but I did envy Brighton for landing him having read so many ravings concerning his various talents (and mainly from the paupers of TWTD who are experts in all things Championship.)

To me this helps sugar the pill of losing out to McCormack for me as we might have got a snip here and I feel that there is a need for a left-sided, number 8 (?,) or whatever, who can chip in with decent number of goals.

I do not doubt either that we have another surprise signing in the pipeline and that it will be in the striking department, and I do not mean the Dame.

Having said that, I remain quite happy about replacing the combined efforts of RVW and Lafferty with him, as long as another is lined up.

It''s official - 4 year deal.

CRACKING signing.

Well, we had one lone journo who tried to make a headline grabber, he is no doubt a BHA fan anyway, and i see no way could he know what transpired  thru this transfer of Pritchard to City. Most importantly, BHA football club never said anything officially themselves throughout, and we now have an official Spurs notice that they have reached agreement with City  over the transfer of Pritchard to us. I think legally everything is in place so Mr. Naylor has nothing left but sour grapes. Im sure in the murky world of football transfers, this kind of thing happens hundreds of times a season, and for every single club in the leagues you win some and lose some.Anyways, Well done City for this capture! Welcome to Alex Pritchard and also Paul Jones to NCFC, hope you both have a good time with us at our unique wonderful club.Ok AN, looking for some good news on the striker front now :)