Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

We Are In For Pritchard

Indy wrote the following post at 03/08/2016 5:31 PM:

You do know that McCormack scored 17 goals the season before last while Pritchard scored 12 at the same time!

I know which player is worth the fee!

66 goals in 3 seasons. It''s not about who''s worth the fee, it''s about what we need now to gain promotion. With Wes, Naismith and Maddisison we are hardly short of attacking midfield options. What we are incredibly short of is anyone to finish the chances off. In an ideal world we sign both. A quality forward is a priority, this is an expensive luxury

Will very pleased with this if he signs, proper quality player and excites me more than the thought of McCormack. Though we obviously do still need a striker who can play up top on his own but that''s been discussed in 20 other threads.

[quote user="JF"]Indy wrote the following post at 03/08/2016 5:31 PM:

You do know that McCormack scored 17 goals the season before last while Pritchard scored 12 at the same time!

66 goals in 3 seasons. It''s not about who''s worth the fee, it''s about what we need now to gain promotion. With Wes, Naismith and Maddisison we are hardly short of attacking midfield options. What we are incredibly short of is anyone to finish the chances off. In an ideal world we sign both. A quality forward is a priority, this is an expensive luxury[/quote]

When will people learn, he''s not that good to pay £15 million for!! I''ll just point you to a certain player, Becchio, scored 80 odd goals in 3 seasons was utter dross for us!

Think the fee accepted was £12 million. That''s the going rate in this league for a forward that gaurentees goals at this level.

No that''s the fee, then signing on fee, agent fee, wages it will be well over £15million!

Pritchard will be significantly less leaving money for another player!

And as pointed out there''s no guarantees in this league!

McCormack was overpriced, doesn''t fit the way AN has normally setup, has little to no re-sale value and certainly doesn''t have the natural talent that players like Wes and Pritchard do.Frankly I''m delighted that he''s gone to Villa instead, and whilst I agree we do still need a decent striker to come in as well, when players like Pritchard are available at the right price, you snap their hand off and thank your lucky stars the chance came up.What''s more, it appears we''re paying somewhere between 6.5-8 mil for Pritchard, which is between 6-7.5 mil LESS than Fulham have taken from Villa for McCormack, and I personally think that there''s a number of options out there that we can get for between 7-10 mil that will do just as good a job as McCormack might have, will be younger, and we''ve got them AND Pritchard for the same money!It''s a complete no-brainer, and if you can''t get excited about a player like Pritchard signing, you may as well give up on football now tbh...

using that logic then we have just spent about £11 million on a luxury player in a position where we had more than enough options. Doesn''t leave much in the pot for the desperately needed goal scorer does it? Maybe £4 million? Who is available for that sort of money that will score the needed goals to gain promotion?

We so needed this Pritchard injection today, a fast relief from the long painful McCormack saga. With Redders and presumably Brady to soon, going or gone, Canos and Pritchard are mouth watering prospects to our squad. With Vadis looking like joining ONeill out the door this week, we have much youth around the  place in the Murphys, Thompson etc. Im still a bit ponderous about Whittaker and Turner being our back ups to our regular defence but hey ho. Otherwise we look well set, leaving Alex with that final and very important striker to find. He has 4 weeks to find someone, ive a feeling he may need them all.Anyway, hope Pritchard signs, fantastic addition if he does.

Indy_Bones wrote the following post at 03/08/2016 5:52 PM:

McCormack was overpriced, doesn''t fit the way AN has normally setup, has little to no re-sale value and certainly doesn''t have the natural talent that players like Wes and Pritchard do.

Frankly I''m delighted that he''s gone to Villa instead, and whilst I agree we do still need a decent striker to come in as well, when players like Pritchard are available at the right price, you snap their hand off and thank your lucky stars the chance came up.

What''s more, it appears we''re paying somewhere between 6.5-8 mil for Pritchard, which is between 6-7.5 mil LESS than Fulham have taken from Villa for McCormack, and I personally think that there''s a number of options out there that we can get for between 7-10 mil that will do just as good a job as McCormack might have, will be younger, and we''ve got them AND Pritchard for the same money!

It''s a complete no-brainer, and if you can''t get excited about a player like Pritchard signing, you may as well give up on football now tbh...

I''m sure it will be incredibly exiting watching our attacking midfield create chance after chance for our strike force to fluff.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Happy to supply info wcc2, i regularly met/spoke to the guy to give him details of teams, fixtures etc for his reports. He can often be seen pitchside in this county taking notes for reports etc. and no, its not True Grit or Tom Cavendish.

It could have been an offhand '''' He''ll be moving to you next season'''' but it felt to me like more of a gripe..as in '''' we''ll be letting you have him next season.''''[/quote][Y] I wasn''t suggesting you were making it up wcork, just that, for there to be any real grounds for your informant''s certainty, the deal would have to have been pretty much tied up in April; Brighton wouldn''t have got as far as agreeing a fee and talking terms.I''m with those who view this -- if it happens -- as a brilliant, brilliant signing, a real coup. I''d go so far as to compare it to our signing, years ago, of another Spurs youngster who was finding it difficult to force his way into their first team at the time (no prizes for guessing who I mean). But let''s keep the excitement level down until his signature is on the contract.

We don''t have McCormack.....move on! Or post on the Villa forum!

[quote user="JF"]I''m sure it will be incredibly exiting watching our attacking midfield create chance after chance for our strike force to fluff.[/quote]And that will still be better to watch than the dross we had under CH (and rarely AN at times), whereby we created NO chances for the strike force to fluff - and then blamed the strikers for it!

McCormack doesn''t guarantee goals at this level-at least not at the rate you''d demand from £12 million plus.Yes, he had a good season last time out. But 19 goals from 51 games in the 14/15 season, 8 from 39 (12/13), 2 from 20 (10/11) and 5 from 41 (9/10) suggest he blows hot and cold like all strikers who have spent their careers at this level.Look at it another way, in the 2009/10 and 2010/11 seasons, he played 61 games and scored 7 goals.Yes (again), stats can be used to prove anything. But what his will never be able to show is that he guarantees all those goals we seem to think he would contribute. He is as likely, perhaps more so, to have another so-so season with Villa next time out than score the 25-30 you''d expect for that sort of money. And as for saying "...but he brings others into the game", I should bloody well hope so, he''s a professional footballer playing in a team with ten others, of course he is going to do that, its a  minimum requirement.Him or Pritchard? 100 times out 100 I''d go for and want Pritchard. And if that makes me a ''happy clapper'' then clappity fucking clap clap clap....

No worries west coast, wouldnt be surprised if we got him for 2 reasons ££££ and the fact we are, on paper more likely to go up than Brighton.

How about the '' if no one offers more by 1 August, then he''s off to Norwich '' scenario. could have been arranged a long time ago.

Our season over here starts in Sept, i will talk to him then and try to find out if he knew or just thought Pritchard was City bound.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]McCormack doesn''t guarantee goals at this level-at least not at the rate you''d demand from £12 million plus.Yes, he had a good season last time out. But 19 goals from 51 games in the 14/15 season, 8 from 39 (12/13), 2 from 20 (10/11) and 5 from 41 (9/10) suggest he blows hot and cold like all strikers who have spent their careers at this level.Look at it another way, in the 2009/10 and 2010/11 seasons, he played 61 games and scored 7 goals.Yes (again), stats can be used to prove anything. But what his will never be able to show is that he guarantees all those goals we seem to think he would contribute. He is as likely, perhaps more so, to have another so-so season with Villa next time out than score the 25-30 you''d expect for that sort of money. And as for saying "...but he brings others into the game", I should bloody well hope so, he''s a professional footballer playing in a team with ten others, of course he is going to do that, its a  minimum requirement.Him or Pritchard? 100 times out 100 I''d go for and want Pritchard. And if that makes me a ''happy clapper'' then clappity fucking clap clap clap....[/quote]

Strikers also mature as they get older, and it is what they are doing now that counts . And you cant ignore his recent record, with his last 3 seasons being very prolific . Sadly the latest tv deal has inflated all prices across the divisions especially strikers who always carry a premier price. And for good reason there are not many around who can score at the rate mccormack has in recent seasons. Personally i would rather have a striker who can stick the ball in the net and is in the prime of his career, so what if his value goes down over the next couple of seasons , i just want a striker who can score and not fire blanks like the ones we have ATM.

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="JF"]Indy wrote the following post at 03/08/2016 5:31 PM:

66 goals in 3 seasons. It''s not about who''s worth the fee, it''s about what we need now to gain promotion. With Wes, Naismith and Maddisison we are hardly short of attacking midfield options. What we are incredibly short of is anyone to finish the chances off. In an ideal world we sign both. A quality forward is a priority, this is an expensive luxury[/quote]

When will people learn, he''s not that good to pay £15 million for!! I''ll just point you to a certain player, Becchio, scored 80 odd goals in 3 seasons was utter dross for us![/quote]

Huh?

He never scored 80 goals in all his 7 years I''m English football combined

this feels a little like that sketch from the Fast Show when the chap (Mark Williams) gets sent out to the shops to buy a loaf of bread but comes back with a load of random items.....we wanted McCormack but come back with a player who plays in the same position that we will already have difficulty in finding room for both Naismith and Hoolahan??

GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary wrote the following post at 03/08/2016 6:59 PM:

this feels a little like that sketch from the Fast Show when the chap (Mark Williams) gets sent out to the shops to buy a loaf of bread but comes back with a load of random items.....we wanted McCormack but come back with a player who plays in the same position that we will already have difficulty in finding room for both Naismith and Hoolahan??

Exactly. I''m sure he is a decent player but we simply don''t need him. It''s looking like we''ve blown our budget on a luxury player in a position where we have enough quality. I hope Neil and the board have an ace up their sleeves with a forward who can put the ball in the net because we simply won''t be up there with the current options.

When Brady leaves we''ll be starting the season with Canos and the Murphy boys out wide. He''s just as adept as playing out there as he is playing through the middle.

Didn''t Pritchard score 12 odd goals for Brentford? Very useful indeed.

Also, I don''t think that we''ve got Pritchard in instead of a striker?! Why do some people seem to think that it''s an either or situation? Given we have a fixed transfer budget, and that Pritchard is probably a player we always had in mind, it might also explain why we''re not willing to go above our valuation for McCormack.

[quote user="judderman"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="JF"]Indy wrote the following post at 03/08/2016 5:31 PM:

When will people learn, he''s not that good to pay £15 million for!! I''ll just point you to a certain player, Becchio, scored 80 odd goals in 3 seasons was utter dross for us![/quote]

Huh?

He never scored 80 goals in all his 7 years I''m English football combined[/quote]

He scored 77 in 195 games in the championship, on par with McCormack and yet some people want us to spend 12-15 million on him.........let''s move on he''s not the answer and I''m pleased he''s gone to Villa.

Pritchard is far more to get excited about.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="wcorkcanary"]Happy to supply info wcc2, i regularly met/spoke to the guy to give him details of teams, fixtures etc for his reports. He can often be seen pitchside in this county taking notes for reports etc. and no, its not True Grit or Tom Cavendish.

It could have been an offhand '''' He''ll be moving to you next season'''' but it felt to me like more of a gripe..as in '''' we''ll be letting you have him next season.''''[/quote][Y] I wasn''t suggesting you were making it up wcork, just that, for there to be any real grounds for your informant''s certainty, the deal would have to have been pretty much tied up in April; Brighton wouldn''t have got as far as agreeing a fee and talking terms.I''m with those who view this -- if it happens -- as a brilliant, brilliant signing, a real coup. I''d go so far as to compare it to our signing, years ago, of another Spurs youngster who was finding it difficult to force his way into their first team at the time (no prizes for guessing who I mean). But let''s keep the excitement level down until his signature is on the contract.[/quote]

Who? John Polston? Paul McVeigh? Kevin Scott? Dean Marney? Gary Doherty? Harry Kane? Ian Culverhouse? Ian Crook? Mark Bowen? Kyle Naughton? Troy Archibald-Henville?

From what i''ve seen of Pritchard this is one hell of a signing and i have no doubt he would become of no 1 midfielder he oozes class even if he isn''t the striker we all want.

Yes it''s a great signing. But only if we get a quality forward to go with it. Otherwise the squad is incomplete and we won''t compete

Absolutely agree JF, can''t believe we will be signing Pritchard as an alternative to the striker we so desperately need, this one is to replace Brady surely.😏