Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

We Are In For Pritchard

If true, this would be a positive addition to our ageing midfield.Still need that striker though.

We are now in pole position acc to Sky and also via betting odds. Brighton deal collapsed

Love the advertisement hoarding in the photo "recruitment works for you". How''s McCormack working out for us?

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]A fox in a hen coop makes less commotion than you lot latching on to a transfer rumour. [/quote][:D]Would be delighted with this. Jerome, Lafferty and one more striker to come, with the plethora of attacking talent to slot in behind the 9 – Hoolahan, Naismith, Maddison, Pritchard, Canos, Murphys and Jarvis… tasty.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Great news..... strange world the football world.[/quote] Strange indeed -- in particular that nobody seems to be considering the fact that Pritchard himself will have the final say in where he plays his football. Has anyone considered the possibility that he may actually prefer Brighton?

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Great news..... strange world the football world.[/quote] Strange indeed -- in particular that nobody seems to be considering the fact that Pritchard himself will have the final say in where he plays his football. Has anyone considered the possibility that he may actually prefer Brighton? [/quote]He''d prefer to be playing in the Championship the season after this one? Not saying we''re nailed on to go up, but surely neutrals would see us as a better bet?

Pritchard is the stand out player I''ve seen in recent years as a sensible replacement for wes long term.

He''s really good!

I think there''s a whole lot of jigsaw pieces needing to move here. If you believe Twitter (who wouldn''t!), Olsson and Brady are on their way out, being replaced by Luke Garbutt and Pritchard. Sounds like a pretty decent swap to me, and should mean a net gain in transfer fees in. Then if Mulumbu and Vadis go as well, we should still have enough cash for Assombalonga and A N Other...

A local Press guy over here told me in April that Pritchard would be coming to City . He''s a Spurs fan BTW and he felt although it would be a good move for us and Pritchard, it was a rash move by spurs.

AP has magic in his boots.......his words.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]A local Press guy over here told me in April that Pritchard would be coming to City . He''s a Spurs fan BTW and he felt although it would be a good move for us and Pritchard, it was a rash move by spurs.

AP has magic in his boots.......his words.[/quote]So where did you bump into this guy with second sight wcc? Blarney Castle? [:D]

Happy to supply info wcc2, i regularly met/spoke to the guy to give him details of teams, fixtures etc for his reports. He can often be seen pitchside in this county taking notes for reports etc. and no, its not True Grit or Tom Cavendish.

It could have been an offhand '''' He''ll be moving to you next season'''' but it felt to me like more of a gripe..as in '''' we''ll be letting you have him next season.''''

If you watch Naismith''s goal against Rubin Kazan, that''s how I''m assuming we''re gearing up to play this year. Emphasis on technical ability and quick passing tempo.

With that in mind, whilst having a goal-heavy striker would be nice, it''s not the most important thing in the world. I''d still like to see a goalscorer brought in, as variety can be key.

Delighted with the news of Pritchard joining us. Whilst he isn''t filling a vital space that we need currently he is certainly a very big upgrade in quality. Him and Wes will provide us with chances and goals between them. More goals from Pritchard, both open play and set pieces compared to Wes. Now we need one of Assomobolonga/Kodjia/Wells to come in and take the pressure off Jerome a little.

I can see us playing a xmas tree this season, allowing the two attacking mids to drift into both central and wide areas, 4-3-2-1. Dorrans, Tettey, Howson with Wes and pritchard above them supporting the lone striker.

Baffling transfer, we simply don''t need him. We need someone who can put the ball in the net. There is £8 million here that should have gone towards the money for McCormack

[quote user="JF"]Baffling transfer, we simply don''t need him. We need someone who can put the ball in the net. There is £8 million here that should have gone towards the money for McCormack[/quote]

What a clown. How can you not need quality players. He can play central or wide, in a position we need strengthening, and would be an awesom signing.

Why do people still go on about McCormack?

It''s a great deal, he''s the right age and we now have Canos & Pritchard who can both play wide replacing Redders.

Makes me think if a decent bid comes in for Naismith it might be accepted!

Really pleased with this, the next Wessi!

We have more than enough quality in that position. We have fuck all quality up front. We desperately need someone who will score the goals. Whos the clown?

Indy wrote the following post at 03/08/2016 5:23 PM:

Why do people still go on about McCormack?

It''s a great deal, he''s the right age and we now have Canos & Pritchard who can both play wide replacing Redders.

Makes me think if a decent bid comes in for Naismith it might be accepted!

Really pleased with this, the next Wessi!

Maybe because our forward line couldn''t hit a barn door and McCormack said the highest scoring forward in the league for the last 3 seasons?

[quote user="JF"]Baffling transfer, we simply don''t need him. We need someone who can put the ball in the net. There is £8 million here that should have gone towards the money for McCormack[/quote]

We don''t need him? We always need and should take available players who improve the squad. Alex Pritchard would certainly be an upgrade on what we have.

To suggest this money should have been thrown at an ageing McCormack is completeley insane.

As I said before, players like Pritchard don''t become available to clubs like ours often. We''re using are recent premiership status and higher wage ceiling to lure him.

There are plenty of other options for forwards out there. There ain''t many players with the natural ability of Pritchard. Much like Hoolahan in that respect. I for one am extremely excited at the prospect of him playing for Norwich.

You do know that McCormack scored 17 goals the season before last while Pritchard scored 12 at the same time!

I know which player is worth the fee!

Jf we''ll be singing a striker or 2 in the coming weeks, chill ya bean.

Ok for the first 2/3 games it''s jerome/lafferty or naismith

Not the end of world