Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

We Are In For Pritchard

Decent enough player and I wouldn''t be disappointed if he came but to be honest it seems an odd position to strengthen.

I look at him more as a 10. Would that be right? If so we already have decent cover there and it would still leave poor Jerome as our only hold up striker for the whole 46 game season.

Good player id be happy to have but really not a priority position given we have Wes, Madison and Naismith

Unique, that doesn''t mean much to be fair, after all, we''d apparently agreed a fee with Fulham but look how that''s panned out (so far).

the following post at 03/08/2016 8:09 AM:

Are we planning to convert Pritchard to an out & out striker then?

One would hope we would sign a striker as well.

I''m not sure Fulham have ever agreed a fee with Norwich for McCormack.

Norwich would still be haggling for twopence off here and threepence off there......

Maybe Alex Neil see''s this season as a chance to play Naismith as a striker. He is more than capable of scoring goals ar this level

I doubt we are in for him as although a good player not a position that requires to be sorted at this present time, and we would need about 2 months of pi $$ing about before we were even close to getting him.

Brighton agreeing a fee does not mean we cannot also agree the same fee and the player then makes the decision. That said yet to see anything vaguely official reporting this rumour.

This is like Ross McCormack but worse; Pritchard is a great player but as with RM he would play in a position that we are already overstocked in - but as a transfer his would make sense given his age, scope to step up and lower price.

He could play left I guess.

Or we sell naismith...

We are in for no one , that''s the grim reality at the moment. Transfer policy is terrible...we''ve been done up like a couple of kippers , just like last season :-(

Pritchard can definitely play wide too, so a direct replacement for Brady sounds logical. I like this idea – having lots of skilful attacking players who can interlock in a versatile manner means that we can be more incisive through the centre, something we have been lacking in recent times. In a weaker league, this will give the full-backs much more latitude to bomb forward and add the width, with Tettey dropping into CB when they go. This tactic worked a treat for AN last time we were in the Chumps, and with players of the quality of Naismith, Hoolahan, Maddison and Pritchard (with Canos and the Murphys as backup if we choose to play a wider midfield), we would be pretty lethal I think.Another striker is still a must on top of this, but swapping Brady for Pritchard plus a few million in the bank would be excellent business.

[quote user="dibbler"]£8m and most probable a Brady replacement. Based on the clubs one out, one in policy.[/quote]You mean a bit like the strikers........Mbokani, Bamford and RVW out and nobody in ?

[quote user="Chemical Bro"]I would say this is Bradys replacement. Terrific signing if we pull it off.[/quote]
Yep. Agreed.

Til, You mean a bit like the strikers........Mbokani, Bamford and RVW out and nobody in ?I thought you were sharper than that, Loan, Loan and only £250k is not going to buy much.

Can''t help but feel this might be a bit of a panic signing to appease fans after missing out on McCormack. We know he''s available, would show ambition and is a good player. Just not sure he is what we need and he''s hardly a like for like replacement for Brady. Any combo of him, Wes, Naismith and Canos is going to be pretty narrow.

I guess we are back to the model of selling our players for x and buying new players for (x/2)

great player upgrade on some of our midfield sell brady get in pritchard great business

or is AN going for the 1 -1-9-1 formation this year ?