Sign in to follow this  
Mr Angry

Happy Clappers vs Nappy Crappers

Ok, this is a bit of a generalisation but I''ve noticed a distinct difference in the approach of Happy Clappers and Nappy Crappers.

Happy Clappers tend to be calmer and less abrasive, and more respectful of opposite views.

Nappy Crappers tend to be angrier and more likely to ridicule opposite views.

I lean more towards to the Happy Clappers side although I do have concerns that we are leaving it too late to sign the player that it has been obvious that we have needed ever since the season ended-i.e. another goal scorer.

What do other people think about the Clapper/Crapper thing?

It''s just a reflection of the different personalities, perspectives and experiences you get in any community. We all have different things we get out of football. For some, the success and status of the club we support is more important in their lives than for others. I can''t say I had noticed the general patterns observed by the OP, but will look out for them in future. 

The Happy Clappers don''t like to make a fuss and are generally a lot older, they go about their business with less concern on results and more concern about building their popularity on this website. The Nappy Crappers (good name btw) are the younger fold, more exuberant and more realistic. They want success at any cost and are prepared to use choice words at times to get it. There is a definite divide, though I personally find that both sets of supporters can be pretty shallow. The Happy Clappers with their constant impulse for sarcasm (the lowest form of wit), and the younger lot for their inability to let them just get on with it.

I don''t really belong to either camp but in my experience the happy clappers can be just as abusive and annoying as the pant-wetters.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]The Happy Clappers don''t like to make a fuss and are generally a lot older, they go about their business with less concern on results and more concern about building their popularity on this website. The Nappy Crappers (good name btw) are the younger fold, more exuberant and more realistic. They want success at any cost and are prepared to use choice words at times to get it. There is a definite divide, though I personally find that both sets of supporters can be pretty shallow. The Happy Clappers with their constant impulse for sarcasm (the lowest form of wit), and the younger lot for their inability to let them just get on with it.[/quote]
I''m 24, and I clap!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"]The Happy Clappers don''t like to make a fuss and are generally a lot older, they go about their business with less concern on results and more concern about building their popularity on this website. The Nappy Crappers (good name btw) are the younger fold, more exuberant and more realistic. They want success at any cost and are prepared to use choice words at times to get it. There is a definite divide, though I personally find that both sets of supporters can be pretty shallow. The Happy Clappers with their constant impulse for sarcasm (the lowest form of wit), and the younger lot for their inability to let them just get on with it.[/quote]

I''m 24, and I clap!
[/quote]
Then your ahead of your years young chap! Cool [H]

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]The Happy Clappers don''t like to make a fuss and are generally a lot older, they go about their business with less concern on results and more concern about building their popularity on this website. The Nappy Crappers (good name btw) are the younger fold, more exuberant and more realistic. They want success at any cost and are prepared to use choice words at times to get it. There is a definite divide, though I personally find that both sets of supporters can be pretty shallow. The Happy Clappers with their constant impulse for sarcasm (the lowest form of wit), and the younger lot for their inability to let them just get on with it.[/quote]

How on earth is that "more realistic"?

I definitely err on the clapper side and I''ll admit I''ve been delusional at times. I just don''t see the sense in panicking or kicking off before it''s absolutely necessary. Maybe I just have very high standards of what a crisis is?

I still remain very confident of a good season. There are plenty of decisions we need to take and take seriously but there are also mitigating circumstances.

But ex balls is a t.wat.

''''The Happy Clappers with their constant impulse for sarcasm (the lowest form of wit)'''' ....Canary Fan.

Have you not realised CF that the more mature Clappers have to adjust their wit to the level of those they are addressing...the Crappers.

I just can''t help being sarcasm to the nappy brigade though. Some are genuinely concerned but some are just clinically insane!

Every football club is the same though. From my experience the mix we have is pretty much par for the course.

We have an aging population support wise but ive not seen any real correlation between age and negativity. An unrealistic 16 year old that thinks football is basically FIFA probably annoys me more than some old git who''s telling Neil Adams to "get orff thu fens buh!"

I mean their both pretty stupid names and don''t exactly add to the debate.

Some of the ''Happy Clapper'' types remind a bit of rabid Jeremy Corbyn fans- any dissent or questioning of the club and it''s owners is heresy and shows your not a real fan and if you ever criticise a players performance your accused of ''scapegoating.'' Any worries about transfers or squad depth is met with accusations of ''pant wetting'' and now ''nappy crapping.'' We also get nice long threads on the difference between ''supporter'' and ''follower'' which are always fun.

On the other hand we have a number of posters who are so morose about everything that I find it amazing they manage to get out of bed in the morning. Nothing the club does is ever right and the abilities of other clubs is usually massively overhyped.

In the middle lie most of this forum. I generally feel I sit in this camp and have been both positive and negative about different aspects of the club. I don''t think there are any particular characteristics in terms of age, background etc it is just more dependent on your general outlook on life.

[quote user="Buh"]An unrealistic 16 year old that thinks football is basically FIFA probably annoys me more than some old git who''s telling Neil Adams to "get orff thu fens buh!"[/quote]Why are ''gits'' always assumed to be old Buh?  I feel sure there must be plenty ''young gits'' out there. [;)]

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]What about the Unhappy Clappers and the Happy Crappers? You can''t hope to capture life''s diversity just with a crude dichotomy.[/quote]Loving your work, Westie.I don''t think the problem is so much a polarity of opinions, but more a desire by some people at opposite ends of the dichotomy to lump everyone into one camp or another. Our views all fluctuate according to our club''s fortunes, but I try to remain optimistic otherwise what''s the point?

It seems the binners love our Nappy Crappers.........http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/29964/Not many quotes there from the Clappers. The comments under the article are funny too especially this one........"Fabulous

Harry. Ive said for a long time scum are so bloody arrogant, they

honestly believe they are some sort of massive club - all because the

drunk has a substantiality increased balance figure in her bank

account, a result of their perpetual PL failures. Yet for all their

money, they cant attract or keep any player of true quality.McCormack

being the most recent example.
They think they will walk this seasons derby.......BRING IT ON, SCUM"[:D]

Noticed a few quotes of mine in there which makes me feel a bit dirty.

I remember reading his notes last time around- he actually usually seems to give a pretty fair reflection of fans mood but when it comes to Norwich he can''t help painting it in a much more negative light than it really is.