Sign in to follow this  
chicken

Squad Review Aug 16

This is more a case of looking at how the squad is shapinng up as some people seem are unsure what it is looking like:

GK: Ruddy, McGovern, Jones (Rudd out on loan)

Full Backs: Pinto, Whitaker, Olsson, Toffolo(20).

CB: Klose, Bennett, Martin, Bassong, Turner.

CM: Howson, Tettey, Dorrans, Mulumbu, Thompson(21), McGrandles(20).

AM: Hoolahan, Maddison(19), Pritchard, Andreu, Voo.

Wing: Jarvis, Jo Murphy(21), Ja Murphy(21), Canos(19), Brady

Str: Jerome, Lafferty, Naismith, Morris(20).

I have put in the ages of players 21 and under so you can get an idea of who counts towards the squad of 25.

At the moment I count 24 players over 21.

Those most heavily linked with moves away at the moment would appear to be Olsson, Mulumbu and Voo. I also wonder if Turner and Andreu will be here come the end of the month.

Two of those are midfielders which may explain bringing in Pritchard. Especially seeing as we no longer have O''Neil either.

Will be interesting to see how things work out but I would say that if we are going to bring in more defenders centrally, we''d need to lose one or more. Might need cover for Olsson if he goes. We can probably afford to lose Andreu, Voo and Mulumbu without being concerned for replacements, with Pritchard here and the other players already to hand.

Striker situation is interesting - At least one player in, and possibly see Morris out on loan again along with Lafferty possibly moving on.

So still a lot left to be decided yet.