Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

McCormack wants to join us and fee agreed with fulham

Jim, if those clubs had wanted him already this summer then why haven''t they just gone in and paid what NCFC (allegedly according to pinkun message board) won''t? Is that not dithering on those respective clubs part? It''s obvious there''s a lot more to this than we''re privvy to, so why do a whole load of posters on here act like they are experts on transfers and the finer details, questioning why it''s not done and dusted yet - who says it NCFC holding this up anyway? Could well be finer details beyond our control but don''t let this stop your stick beating 😉

What about Pogba? Arsenal''s search for a striker? Brady? Etc etc... I rest my case.

The chances of us losing this are very small apparently, and the fact that AN and RM apparently sharing an agent is helping.

all this rubbish about Negotiating how long did it take southampton to Negotiate the Redmond deal ?

always seems to be us who take forever to sign players we want

also i can hear AN now reason why we are mid table is the club didnt sign McCormack in time and we didn''t sign the players in time same mistakes as last season all over !

this is a player who has missed pre season who is going to take at least a month to get match fit blend in why oh why do we get ourselves into these positions

Well Norfolkngood, how long did it take for Southampton to sort the Redmond transfer?

The answer is none of us know! Behind the scenes, it may have been ongoing just as long as us with McCormack or even longer.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]all this rubbish about Negotiating how long did it take southampton to Negotiate the Redmond deal ?

also i can hear AN now reason why we are mid table is the club didnt sign McCormack in time and we didn''t sign the players in time same mistakes as last season all over !

this is a player who has missed pre season who is going to take at least a month to get match fit blend in why oh why do we get ourselves into these positions[/quote]
Perhaps with Redmond in the last year of his contract our negotiating position was somewhat weaker than is the case with McCormack, who I believe signed a new contract with Fulham fairly recently?

[quote user="norfolkngood"]all this rubbish about Negotiating how long did it take southampton to Negotiate the Redmond deal ?

this is a player who has missed pre season who is going to take at least a month to get match fit blend in why oh why do we get ourselves into these positions[/quote]Get a grip man. Every club goes through this. Some transfers feel like a saga, some feel more swiftly done,but all of the time none of us know how long they have been going on in the background.

Funny how there''s no kudos to how quickly we APPARENTLY concluded the Canos deal, given a multitude of clubs were interested in this exciting young talent, not to mention Liverpool wanting to keep him on also.

But any old stick will do, y''know?

I would prefer this to drag on long enough for somebody else to realise that this soon to be 30 year old, £12m wonder kid in the the answer to their goalscoring problems.

Funny how there''s no kudos to how quickly we APPARENTLY concluded the Canos deal, given a multitude of clubs were interested in this exciting young talent, not to mention Liverpool wanting to keep him on also.

But any old stick will do, y''know?

Not really as with Canos the other teams made it easier for us as they set the price we just had to match it and agree terms

now with McCormack we have to get to a price which Fulham accept which seems the hard bit

Hull told us all we need to know how we bid for players joke offers to start Pi$$ of selling club then start the real bids

C''mon Norfolkngood, aren''t you going to spill the beans on how long the Redmond to Southampton transfer took?

On another note, reading AN''s comments re Fulham sounds like the deal is a bit 50/50 at the moment - I wonder if they keep moving the goalposts or won''t let him go till they''ve replaced him? Maybe we''re now looking at plan B given Alex''s comments that we''re not going to wait forever? Either way I''d prefer we exercise a little patience if it means getting the right man in - the current squad are already more than capable of beating Blackburn, and McCormack wouldn''t feature anyway.

Simple fact is that we''re not a Barcelona or Real Madrid, and don''t have the pots of cash to just stump up crazy fees - that''s the harsh reality. We''re in the other 98% of clubs that have to negotiate like crazy to get the best deals we can for our money - a swing of £3 million maybe the difference between us signing another additional target or not so I therefore I don''t agree we should just hand it over.

I wonder if West Ham, Everton, West Brom, Southampton, Leicester etc would just hand over £20mil for Brady without going in with considerably lower bids first - quite clearly some of them have. It''s business, so makes sense.

*what I meant was, quite clearly those teams that are after Brady are all going with lowest bids first, which is normal for nearly every club I would imagine.

I''d imagine with the McCormack bid the way in which the fee is paid is the hold up. How much is up front? How much in add ons and what type of add ons? Who pays the money Leeds will be owned in sell on clause? etc etc

AN will want to make it sound like Norwich have other options and won''t wait forever as Fulham actually want to see the player, he''s by far their largest earner and the manager feels he doesn''t fit his system. Doubt much is riding on them getting a replacement in, as that is usually only a concern mid-season.

I feel Norwich don''t feel so much pressure as McCormack is injured at the moment and he wouldn''t be training even if he arrived today. AN seems confident something will be done this week which suggests that if there is a back up plan lot of the ground work has been done.

Great points Bethnal, and totally agree re McCormack injury and knowing it makes little difference if we sign him tomorrow or next week - wherever he is, he won''t be getting over his injury any quicker, and won''t be ready for the first few games anyway.

Well if he''s injured, that does change the dynamic somewhat. We gain nothing by him coming now as opposed to the end of the month then.

For now we have a fully fit Jerome and Lafferty is still here as back up/ another option to bring on and is still useful at championship level.

From what he was saying earlier in the week, I wonder if he''s looking at two strikers, perhaps one that''s more versatile and less expensive. Robson-Kanu still hasn''t moved. He''d plug a gap on the wings as well as being another option up top.

maybe thats best for all concerned then

better to spend 5 million on 3 players than 15 million on a soon to be 30 year old

as for the redmond deal it took southampton 3 days 8 hours and 14.5 mins from start to finish on the deal !! :-)

Who told you that, Norfolkngood? Norwich or Southampton? 😉

If the £15mil figure is correct, I''d rather spend £7.5mil each on 2 strikers from abroad - whilst hoping at least one isn''t RvW mkII 😉

Happy if McCormack comes, not fussed if he doesn''t - feel a bit ''whatever'' about in all honesty - was far more excited about the Canos deal - and he was only an initial £2.5mil!

I''ve been a supporter of this signing but if it''s true and they''ve moved the goalposts again asking for 15 million then i think we should move on.

Getting fed up with whole saga now

my Redmond deal timeline was a joke as i have no idea

but i am guess it took southampton less time and messing about to get redmond

i do agree though sign 2 strikers for the price of one is better than 15 mil for McM

What makes you think WHEN we dont get mccormack we are going to spend that 12-15mill on 2 strikers? haha we cant even get one in now suddenly everyone is saying we should get two in for 6-7mill each ! mccormack deal doesnt pull off we will end up with no one

[quote user="Barking Mad Barclay Boy"]What makes you think WHEN we dont get mccormack we are going to spend that 12-15mill on 2 strikers? haha we cant even get one in now suddenly everyone is saying we should get two in for 6-7mill each ! mccormack deal doesnt pull off we will end up with no one[/quote]ya this definately true we will get no one clubs in crisis WAAAAAAAAAAAAH

[quote user="Adycakes"]Where is it being reported Fulham want 15m?[/quote]In an article on getwestlondon which was published at around midday. Apparently it''s his buyout clause which was added after the Boro saga last season.

What''s better for Fulham - a season or more with a want-away striker in the side, or £12 million to reinvest in their squad?

Fulham are looking for a new lead striker.

With a deal until 2020 unusually the player is pretty powerless in this one; the club hold all the control so are likely to be very pushy concering payments terms; negligent of them not to be.

I understand that there was a fixed buy out fee as part of his latest contract extension but understand that was for a ceratin date which has now passed.

Can only wait and see what transpires.

problem is if we do not get him now

every club knows we have at least 12 million for a striker

watch all the prices of 5mil strikers going to 10 mill