Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

McCormack wants to join us and fee agreed with fulham

Won''t this be the most expensive Championship signing ever?

If it somehow goes ti1s up this year the board can at least say they did all they could. I can see us, Villa, Newcastle and Derby all finishing on 85-90+ points this year and McCormack could just be the difference. He''s scored 20-ish goals for lower midtable sides for the past 3 years, hopefully he can get closer to 30 for us and we can avoid the play offs again.

As he hasn''t got pace he should, theoretically be even better in a side like us that will try to dominate possession and pin teams in where he can spend more time closer to goal surrounded by better players.

Also I can''t wait for some of you to finally see him in action so the ridiculous Hooper comparisons can stop! Plenty of us on here have explained why the comparison is daft but I guess you''ll just have to see for yourselves!

like has been said, he''s much more like if you played Snodgrass in the no.9 or 10 role (And he actually knew the role) than playing Hooper up top for us again

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]Won''t this be the most expensive Championship signing ever? [/quote]12m is a bit more than Matt Ritchie, Jordan Rhodes and Ross McCormack''s last transfer but it might well get smashed if Wolves end up signing Talisca. That''s 18-20m apparently.

Wow, as things stand right now Ricky i think youre brave to think City and Villa are on for 85-90 points. Newcastle for sure, but right now Villa have not added that much to their squad  from las season, apart from young Tish. I honestly see the  Muff and Watford of this season to be Newcastle and Wednesday, Villa and Wolves have had rich takeovers, but itll take time for them to get their clubs into gear. Derby and Brighton no doubt will be up there again, along with 1 or 2 other unknowns at this stage.Will take RM maybe 2 or 3 weeks to get up to speed, so not expecting him to be fully operational till end of August. Motivation and momentum play huge parts in any clubs consistency thru a season and last time around Adams left us 7th, but Alex came in, a new young unknown Scots manager who had a hard edge about him, perfect to get our players on a roll that of course gave us that amazing Wembley day out. But now Alex is not new, and he has a demoralising Prem. season  on his back. Wether the players signed in his time as manager can give the extra quality needed along with the older existing guys still here remains to be seen.With the current players, im expecting us to have 65-75 points, with a 8th to 12th position, but with all of August still to go before the transfer window shuts, i may change my opinion. But RM joining will be a huge test of Alexs ability to get the most from him, very little room for meaningful excuses should RM fail, especially at the price we paying for him.

I ll be glad when this deal is done, there were so many sightings of him in CR a couple of weeks ago that he must be tired of travelling backwards and forwards to London plus of course loads of inside sources said he agreed personal terms weeks ago so the poor lad must be getting impatient lol lol

If there is any truth in the rumour of a further bid rejected then that is very frustrating. It''s clear we want this player, it seems pretty clear what the ballpark price should be (even if some think it''s inflated). If bids are still bring rejected over the fee then either Fulham are holding out for an unrealistic amount or we are still trying to chip away at the price. If the latter I hope that it does not ultimately cost us because I fear there are a couple of clubs in this league who will pay the required price if we continue to mess about.

Well AN must have a plan B & C behind this one, maybe it''s a blessing in disguise if we do miss out at over 12 million plus agent fee, signing on fee, wages I bet it will be closer to 20 million!

Alan nixon of the mirror personaly think hes full of it and knows nothing. Mail have reported we agreed a fee all day if this wasnt true then would think fulham would have denied it as they seem to be the ones leaking it to the press. Alex seems confident think it will be done soon

This is getting a bit like the saga that we had before signing Snodgrass.  The longer it went on and the more I heard about him from Leeds fans, the less I wanted that deal and I think that despite his "success" with us he was more divisive a figure for the team than helpful to it. Just my opinion of course, but the bigger build up a player has, the less he is likely to be able to live up to his reputation.  A nice quiet transfer is vastly preferable to this prolonged nonsense that is going on with McCormack (who incidentally has also been described as slow and selfish) either in reality or on social media.  I hope this coverage/speculation is a smokescreen for us getting someone else in under the radar. Paying in excess of £10m for McCormack is just not on, imo.

If overweight Scottish knackers are our thing, we could do worse than Charlie Adam.

This Nixon guy from the Mirror is the one who was quoted at the start of this thread ffs - it must be that he was either talking bollax then, is now, or - far more likely - both times. It seems the mail is the one much more in the know.

time to say to fulham final offer take it or leave it

time to move on to next target

i have a funny feeling another club wants him and fulham know that they will get their money off one of us so playing hard ball

the season starts in six days and we have one striker that can realistically start. What other club needs RM more than us. We have put ourselves in a position where we look (and possibly are) desparte. Fulham know this.

We are desperate. Without McCormack, or equivalent, we are set for a mid-table finish or better. As the parachute payments then reduce by half any remaining players with a resale value are sold before we find ourselves in a downward spiral of bottom half or worse finishes in the chumps.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I hope that it does not ultimately cost us because I fear there are a couple of clubs in this league who will pay the required price if we continue to mess about.[/quote]

Why are we messing about, Jim? It''s called negotiating - and we also want the best deal we can get too. As for the required price, whatever that is, how come none of the other clubs that are allegedly interested have come straight in with a bid of the ''required price''? Surely if they do that now you could say they''ve also been messing around?.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"][quote user="have my howson it"]Would rather spend £8 million on assombolonga or however you spell his name[/quote]I''d take Messi for a fiver tbh.[/quote]He might not fit into our system though.

we would appear to have put ourselves in a position once again of having not done the necessary business in time for the new season.....despite all the recriminations of the lack of incoming players last summer and apparantly now having the correct scouting and recruitment team in place.

yes there''s still 5 days to go but anyone arriving now will have missed our entire pre season and friendlies and will be thrown in without the chance to have developed an understanding with the team.

no lessons learnt.....again

The Euros being on does seem to have affected the transfer market in a big way - scanning the lists it does seem there''s been relatively few moves made, including in the Champs. Presumably it will pick up - the CEO guy did mention the ''churn'' of things taking off soon.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]we would appear to have put ourselves in a position once again of having not done the necessary business in time for the new season.....despite all the recriminations of the lack of incoming players last summer and apparantly now having the correct scouting and recruitment team in place.

yes there''s still 5 days to go but anyone arriving now will have missed our entire pre season and friendlies and will be thrown in without the chance to have developed an understanding with the team.

no lessons learnt.....again[/quote]

You can''t really blame the club, as tansfers tend to get done towards the end of the transfer window - a window that stupidly goes on into the first three weeks of the season, meaning that no club can feel comfortable in it''s preparations and it''s personnel.  Utterly, utterly ridiciculous situation for a multi-million pound industry to have to deal with. Unsettling for everyone, fans, players, managers alike.

You can blame the club partly. No reason at all why if McCormack was who we wanted we could not have started the bidding weeks ago.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]You can blame the club partly. No reason at all why if McCormack was who we wanted we could not have started the bidding weeks ago.[/quote]Starting bidding too early and too earnestly just leads to a dutch auction where the price goes up and up with the only people smiling are the people who are selling.  As it is, clubs hold on to their prize assets as long as possible to ensure they get the maximum price.  Same as ebay, the highest and most serious bidders usually only bid at the last minute.

I hear the deal will be done this week.

No prem teams interested (which for me screams volumes) and Newcastle no longer interested. Villa Wolves were possible but now very unlikely.

Although things change quickly the expectation is for this to be sealed before the start of the season.

The longer it has allowed to drag on the bigger the risk that the likes of Villa and Wolves try and hi-jack the deal by agreeing to whatever it is we are still haggling with Fulham (no doubt it''s over how much is paid up front, how much in instalments etc) and we will be pushing for the former to be minimal due to our "no debt" obsession.