Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

McCormack wants to join us and fee agreed with fulham

On the evidence of today, I still think we need a pacy striker. Naismith had an opportunity to beat the last defender today, but checked and shanked it wide. We need this variety in our attack and McCormack doesn''t offer it.

That''s my worry and with RVW''s departure we need a pacy striker to give us options. MC (if he joins), Jerome & even Laffs are three different types of player.

But we have no pace

Alex says hes "hopeful" about the ongoing discussions over McCormack, but maybe the Fulham managers word put a slight dampener over that, saying the guys  had physical injury issues, but should be back training with Fulham on Monday. He was also sitting the stands today watching Fulham play Palace.Well.its up to Alex of course to keep this saga running, but plainly now the forward bunch on display vs. Hannover today will be starting at Blackburn, with Cam leading the line and Laffs as back up on the bench. We aint got any others so thats it.

Didn''t AN confirm today we were in for MC (and in advanced talks with Fulham) and hoped for 1 or 2 more signings!

Lets hope they come off.

If I was Balls I''d be asking why we should spend 12 million on a Hooper replacement?

I had hoped we might be pleasantly surprised but alas it looks like we''re going to waste 12 million on a player which we already had, why didn''t we just loan out Hooper and stick him back in now?

I''m stumped but hey it''s not my money, it''s not my job at risk so good luck AN.

Indy, why don''t you just tell Alex Neil directly that he''s about to waste all his money, instead of boring the fecking ar$e off everyone on here?

Tell you what, why not bother reading a thread on McCormack then......sorted, still I''m glad I''m boring you.

You''re boring me because you''re not saying anything different. As the Talking Heads said, ''Say something once, why say it again?''

But you''ve just repeated yourself.....you''re boring me now!

[quote user="Indy"]But you''ve just repeated yourself.....you''re boring me now![/quote]

Indy 3783 posts = 3783 posts of completly boring repeatable dribble.

Ooooooerrrrr listen to her! Very bitchy

Have you told the board police?

[quote user="Common Sense"][quote user="Indy"]But you''ve just repeated yourself.....you''re boring me now![/quote]

Indy 3783 posts = 3783 posts of completly boring repeatable dribble.[/quote]

You''re just peed because Indy bones & I pulled you up on your remarks regarding your "all round player" comment with stats......Hooper is on paper a far better all round player!

Still resort personal attacks, no skin off my nose ;-)

Well, late tonight the Mail are reporting Fulham have at last agreed a fee for McCormack with City and  the clubs are just finalising how the payments will be made. Probably by 12 million £1 coins just to drag the saga out a bit longer maybe......Anyway, its the first rag to actually state fee has been agreed so soon we can actually opinionate on the guy as to what he does on the pitch for City rather than just speculate...once hes adtually signed  of course...dont forget to bring a pen Ross.

Daily mail reporting that Fulham have accepted 12m just working out the structure of payment apparently

It''s funny how you see this potential transfer as a saga SJS. It''s no more drawn out than any other transfer between two clubs.

This purchase will either make or break AN.

I would think it has been drawn out more than most transfers ,purely down to the fee involved, this isnt a 500k signing but the biggest transfer between 2 non-Premiership sides.

I cant believe we would have wanted to have let this drag on until after all our pre-season games have been played....in an ideal world he would have been here in time for the Austria tour.

You maybe right but between this and the 2 month long Brady saga last summer ,I just cant believe that this is the norm up and down the country...nothing would ever get done??

Let''s park the defence. Hopefully, McGovern, Pinto, Olsson, Bennett and Klose will keep fit and will be able to hold their own in the chumps this season. But, we desperately need goals so McCormack will have to come through for us. The Naismith debacle, however, can''t fill is with confidence that Neil is capable of motivating his stars. He will stand or fall by this one, especially with proven PL managers such as Bruce available.

There seems to be deals that take a while, others that don''t - plenty of people here were getting tetchy about the Canos move that actually only ''dragged on'' about 10 days. When you consider things like Pogba (on/off the entire summer), Stones etc, it has probably not been that long.

My biggest concern is how long it will take to get him up to speed., as he seems to have missed Fulham''s preseason games. I don''t doubt he''s been training and keeping up fitness, but won''t be match ready (though from yesterday''s performance you could au the same about several others in our side).

STFU wrote:

You''re boring me because you''re not saying anything different. As the Talking Heads said, ''Say something once, why say it again?''

.............................................................................................................................

Love it STFU - you accusing people of being repetitious yet your Avatar is a record.