Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

McCormack wants to join us and fee agreed with fulham

says alan nixon, always right about norwich transfer news, would be very pleased with McCormack 20+ goals guaranteed every season

Why does everyone always put Guarantee 20 + goals when referring to McCormack?

Nothing is ever guaranteed!

If the fee is agreed at 15 million being banded about it''s a huge gamble on a player who is 30 years old at the start of this season!

Problem we have is not much option out there, I''d rather go after Ings on loan, less risk, Liverpool will be looking to loan to get his fitness up and have a shed load of strikers ahead of him at present!

[quote user="ncfc2012"]says alan nixon, always right about norwich transfer news, would be very pleased with McCormack 20+ goals guaranteed every season[/quote]20+ goals is never guaranteed but he does know where the net is that''s for sure.If we''re going to be paying the sort of figure bandied about on here I''m not convinced he''s worth that kind of money.

I''m of the belief that this deal has been in the bag for a little while now. Just waiting on Fulham to bring in their replacement.

AN would never had said a few days ago he expects something to be completed at the the conclusion of the Austria tour, unless it was practically a done deal.

Usually everyone is tight lipped within the club

Well they have had a bid for Johnny Russell rejected by Derby so could be right they are looking for a replacement.

He''s worth whatever someone''s prepared to pay it''s called market force''s and if he does sign for us and not with any of our promotion rival''s i for one will be more than happy even if he is 30. We need a proven goal scorer now and if we try and do on the cheap i believe that will be even more of a gamble and even if he doesn''t pay of and we dont get promoted at least we can say we really gave it a go. We messed up last summer and paid the price big time i hope we have learned our leason. I understand other''s thinking of Norwich as a small time club but if our own supporters do likewise we will never go anywhere. Norwich have the potential to be a massive club believe that and live the dream. OTBC.

[quote user="Indy"]Why does everyone always put Guarantee 20 + goals when referring to McCormack?

Nothing is ever guaranteed!

If the fee is agreed at 15 million being banded about it''s a huge gamble on a player who is 30 years old at the start of this season!

Problem we have is not much option out there, I''d rather go after Ings on loan, less risk, Liverpool will be looking to loan to get his fitness up and have a shed load of strikers ahead of him at present![/quote]

The fact that you believe Ings would drop to the champs and no lower prem teams would be interested in him surprises me. Before he was injured he was in and around the national team too. Absolutely no hope he''d come to us. Maybe a loan if we''d stayed up!

I''m not sure he would drop, but it would be worth a punt as we''re a newly relegated club with a half decent chance of going up.

Plus he''d get more game time here, still just a dream Seattle, one I''d rather see than McCormack, another aging pro, that''s 8 million for Naismith and 15 million reported, 23 million for two players we would be hard pushed to get serious money back on if it doesn''t work out this year.

Still AN is in charge and it''s his team, hopefully he will get them moving up the table this year.....

I can only find links to a rumour that Nixon (of The Sun) stated that NCFC have agreed a deal.The same rumours also say that Fulham are planning a triple bid for Martin, Russel and Keogh from Derby using the McCormack transfer moneyCannot find the supposed Nixon statement on this anywhere on the net.Link please

Its not just £13m its a 3 year contract at £50k per year (a conservative estimate) and signing on fee £1m at least plus goal/appearance bonus. Maybe almost £25m over 3 years. Just cannot believe City would make that sort of investment. It is probably needed to get back to the promised land of PL. But unlikely to happen!

I''d rather we spent the money on Assombalonga, we''d definitely get him for the money being thrown around for McCormack.

Both fantastic players, but one is 23 and the other nearly 30.

[quote user="HertsCanary93"]I''d rather we spent the money on Assombalonga, we''d definitely get him for the money being thrown around for McCormack.

Both fantastic players, but one is 23 and the other nearly 30.[/quote]But then to balance that out McCormack scores goals at this level season in season out , Assombalonga has had one good season at the level and then missed a season with a nasty injury , no guarantee he will ever be as good as before or even if he was that he would score as many as McCormack.If McCormack scores the goals that get us promoted £15 million would be a drop in the ocean .

An instant return to the PL is what we want, and need. McCormack is statistically more likely to get us that.

Forget age, price, wages etc...would be a sign of intent the club has not shown before, and with the new vast rewards already in place, we can''t afford to wait to make our move back to the PL.

So McCormack will cost £15m + £50k per week.Total for one season = £17.6mReward for getting back into the PL for next season = £200mNo brainer

[quote user="Making Plans"]So McCormack will cost £15m + £50k per week.Total for one season = £17.6mReward for getting back into the PL for next season = £200mNo brainer[/quote]So you want us to pay more for McCormack in one season than Man Utd are paying for Ibrahimovic...Quite how anyone think this makes sense I don''t know, and frankly I''d rather go into the season with Jerome, RvW, Lafferty and Murphy than I would see our club get ripped off like that, especially seeing as how there are NO guarantees in football and we may not return straightaway thus leaving us with an even bigger drain on our resources than we have currently with out of favour players!

[quote user="Kurious Oranj"]An instant return to the PL is what we want, and need. McCormack is statistically more likely to get us that.[/quote]

I''m sure Fulham thought the same when they threw £11m at Leeds for him.

Well, firstly, I don''t think it''s realistic that Ibrahimovic would join us.

Secondly, Ibrahimovic is 34.

Thirdly, I am sure there was some sort of signing-on fee involved for Ibra.

Finally, has it actually been confirmed that McCormack would be on 50k a week if he did join us? I would imagine nearer 30k would be the highest we would go.

For me, McCormack would be a worthwhile investment for the next three or four years. Not only is he a top striker, but he also has great ability with free-kicks, and that''s not only something we''re missing but something that is massively valuable in any division.

Unless Norwich don''t get promoted...

And then an aging, expensive McCormack is the reason other, younger, players have to be sold while we wait his contract run down in an effort to balance the books.

You also have to look at the potential deal and ask yourself, is there really no one else Norwich could sign who would be as good as, if not better than, McCormack for the money being bounded around?

With players like Vydra, Bamford and Rhodes kicking their heels in Premier League reserves or Wells, Garner, Hogan, Russell, Kodija, Wood, etc showing they are capable of scoring in the Championship is this really the best use of £15m?

To me is seems like admitting Norwich''s scouts aren''t up to much and they have just looked at who scored a lot last season. This is putting a huge amount of eggs in one, pretty small basket. If it goes the wrong way it could scupper Norwich for more than one season.

15 million for McCormack would of course absolutely smash our biggest ever signing by around 6 mill, and that was only last January on Timm. But if this goes thru,its a massive statement of intent from City, would mean in just 7 months we would have forked out an 8 mill on Naismith, 9 mill on Klose and 15 for McCormack. But remember that has to be tempered with the fact that we signed Maddison and Canos, two very young and hugely exciting promising players for very little considering their potential and todays inflated market.As for McCormacks age, really, 29 / 30 is a prime age, he could give us 3 good seasons, maybe more. Perhaps we should not forget what a much older Defoe did at Sunderland just a few short months ago, his goals dumped us and Toon into the Champs.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Quite how anyone think this makes sense I don''t know, and frankly I''d rather go into the season with Jerome, RvW, Lafferty and Murphy than I would see our club get ripped off like that, especially seeing as how there are NO guarantees in football and we may not return straightaway thus leaving us with an even bigger drain on our resources than we have currently with out of favour players![/quote]I agree that there are no guarantees in football but sometimes you have to take a gamble.If promotion is what we really want then sorry but surely you must know by now that Jerome, RvW, Lafferty and Murphy are not going to get us there.As for "a drain on our resources" then the £17.6m is probably already recovered from the sale of Redmond.Add to that even more from the sale of Brady (which will happen) and we''re quids in.

A lot of talk about 15 million price. Where is that from? Be shocked if it''s that. A buy out means nothing if the player wants to go.