Sign in to follow this  
Jammy Yellow

Looking good...

More good news guys. New striker should be here before Shef Wed game. Not sure yet if just a loan or with view to permanent move like Mbokani last season.

I''m also lead to believe it is not NDoye

[quote user="Molly Windley"]Is it anyone on this list?http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=14&land_id=alle&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show[/quote]Actually it''s 2, we''re signing Klose and Di Natale just so we can play the oldest front striker pairing I think I''ve ever seen or heard of at a competitive level [:D]

[quote user="Jammy Yellow"]More good news guys. New striker should be here before Shef Wed game. Not sure yet if just a loan or with view to permanent move like Mbokani last season.

I''m also lead to believe it is not NDoye[/quote]As long as you don''t mean "More Good News Guys" - I''m now slightly suspicious whenever I see the words "good news" on here, expecting the name Gordon to follow.

Don''t worry. I can confirm I am not Gordon. Just know a few people in and around the club. For heavens sake I don''t want to be known as one of those *ITK type people.

All I know is that we do need a striker still.

Mbokani is still at Kyev and still on wages over £50,000 a week, more now the exchange rate is naff.

AN didn''t sound like he was hugely keen to make his loan permanent last season, so can''t see him doing it this one.

We could sign around 30 of those strikers for the price of 1 McCormack, maybe a new policy, play a new striker for each game of the season.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="Molly Windley"]Is it anyone on this list?http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=14&land_id=alle&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show[/quote]Actually it''s 2, we''re signing Klose and Di Natale just so we can play the oldest front striker pairing I think I''ve ever seen or heard of at a competitive level [:D][/quote]

Couldn''t be any worse than when we had probably our youngest forward pairing ever, Ryan Jarvis and Ian Henderson against Northampton in the League Cup. Abysmal performance, don''t think the keeper had to make a save.

Nuff said

As long as you don''t mean "More Good News Guys" - I''m now slightly suspicious whenever I see the words "good news" on here, expecting the name Gordon to follow.

That''s twice you have mentioned Gordon in 2 days, who is Gordon ?

Good News Gordon- a notorious bollocks spouter from the Glen Roeder days who claimed to have inside info about transfers. These were pretty desperate times for Norwich fans so people bought in to him despite him offering 0 evidence. Those were the days.

Indy Bones - You''ve missed someone off your oldest strike pairing post...

Jamie Cureton ‏@JamieCuro Aug 3

Season starts Saturday and for the first time in 24 years I will be without a club...Yet!!! #GoodThingsComeToThoseWhoWait #ageisjustanumber

[quote user="king canary"]Good News Gordon- a notorious bollocks spouter from the Glen Roeder days who claimed to have inside info about transfers. These were pretty desperate times for Norwich fans so people bought in to him despite him offering 0 evidence. Those were the days.[/quote]Agreed. Sometimes a little bit of perspective makes you thankful for what you''ve got. We''ve had lows, but we''ve also had some brilliant highs - all that lot down the road can see is a flat landscape of many years in the Championship...

@Nuff Said

I know this is totally unrelated to the thread here but I find it interesting- in my 14 seasons as a season ticket holder (first was 01/02) the least enjoyable one of those was when we were relegated under Hughton. Sure we were playing at a higher level but I much preferred our seasons in the Championship and even League One (although I admittedly missed most of the season we got relegated to League One as I was living abroad).

The worst thing I can think of when supporting a team is pure stagnation- the kind of thing Ipswich have had for well over a decade. In some ways I dread becoming a Swansea or a Stoke, permanently between 10th and 15th in the Premier League, maybe a cup run here or there.

Might just be me though.