Sign in to follow this  
andyc24_uk

3rd Keeper

Not really sure why the club feels the need to have a cr@p 3rd keeper in the squad each season... Jones looks like an even more pointless signing than Kean or Nash!

I completely agree with loaning Rudd and Mathews out, but is Jones - A player who''s been nothing more than extremely average at 3rd and 4th tier clubs in his career so far - REALLY a better option on the bench than giving one of our up and coming young ''keepers a chance? Oxborough, Killip and Hallett are all highly regarded youngsters; realistically Jones will be warming the bench maybe 2 or 3 games at most this season, and there''s only about a 1 in 100 chance we''ll need to use a 3rd ''Keeper on the field anyhow during the season. So why not give one of the youth players the experience of being in and around the matchday squad if Ruddy or McGovern are ruled out? Really can''t see the benefit of paying wages to someone like Jones who''s clearly nowhere near this standard when we have 3 good youngsters who are perfectly capable of keeping the bench warm on the rare occasion they''re needed (and presumably we could and would recall Rudd or Mathews or get an emergency loan in anyhow if both senior keepers were ruled out for a significant period)

Yep, I agree totally with the above

Just bizarre

We now have 8 Keepers out of a squad of 45 that''s almost a whole team!

Ruddy, Rudd, Matthews, Jones, McGovern, Oxborough, Killip Hallett

And by contrast Jerome, Morris and Lafferty up front out of 45

It only makes sense if Ruddy leaves in the next few days

Tbf I remember coming up against him when we was in league one for exeter and he was decent. He''s just left a league side 2 on a free how much money do you think he''s on. Not a huge amount. Surely it''s better to have an experienced keeper just incase.

What if Ruddy got injured and Mcgovern stepped in and got sent off and got banned for 3 games. I know it''s a big if but it''s not impossible.

Can''t see the big issue myself. A experienced 3rd choice keeper on a free whilst 2 other keepers go out and get game time. Great idea.