Sign in to follow this  
Mark Fotheringham City Legend

How we managed to hijack Pritchard to Brighton

brighton have said on twitter they usually don''t share transfer stories but for this they would make an exception.

Pritchard had agreed terms and a fee with spurs had been agreed with Brighton.

Due to traffic on the M25 the deal took longer to complete and Norwich managed to squeeze him in! Even Chris Hughton was said to be furious.

Who can come up with the best chant for this tale?

driving along in his automobile

His agent beside him at the wheel

The road is blocked, nowhere to go

Yellows come calling

Pritchard says what a shout

Gonna go where life is never dull

Didn''t ever want to be a seagull

Whoops best i can come up with this time of nite !!

Did the same thing not happen with Ryan Bennet? Perhaps we should only try to buy players when they are in their car....

I was about to mention Bennett, he was en route elsewhere and about-turned to come to us. These things happen - until a player is signed he''s technically still available.

I''m very happy this came through. Means we can now have someone to rely upon when Brady inevitably goes and won''t need to call upon Jarvis after hes had his one good game of the season once he returns from injury.

It is also quite refreshing that they were honest about this. Norwich literally never reveal how much anything costs! I saw £8m mentioned but if I''m correct he was linked with Brighton for £4-5m? I guess its add -ons and clauses we''ll have to guess about.

and Ross McCormack is still going round and round on Spaghetti Junction looking for the Aston exit .... quick Alex get in there.

More likely that we told the agent to advise us of any movement ;)It''s not like it was a random event, say Alex Pritchard bumping into a Norwich player in his local Asda on the way to Brighton :P

Something about making Hughton angry brought a smile to my face even though hes a nice bloke!

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]If Pritchard was travelling to Brighton on the M25 he must have thought they wanted to sign him in the January window.....[/quote]Love it Smithy. [:D]

Can''t remember where but I saw one report suggesting that Brighton were going to pay £2.5million up front with more add ons taking it up to around £8million.

You never can tell with these things though.

I''m also a bit dubious about this story, I''m guessing he was traveling from North London, but then how far around on the M25 was he? Could have already been heading towards Norwich . . . . .

Reminds me off the ''Chippy'' Crook saga....

The one where he turned up for a presser and photo shoot before signing on the dotted line and just in the nick of time Mike Walker came charging in on a large white stallion to rectify Megson''s cock up !!

The fact it all happened just down the A140 makes it priceless !!

[quote user="hogesar"]Something about making Hughton angry brought a smile to my face even though hes a nice bloke![/quote]

I thought the same thing.

I think it had something to do with him being so monotone here. while I was a fan of his up until his last half season, he only had one look and attitude during games and media interviews - concerned with almost a forced "comforting" smile