Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

Wasting money

Vadis has apparently left which may or may not be a good thing, but on a free transfer that really jars me off

so that''s 510K back for someone who cost 8.5M and nothing for someone who cost 4m.

We have apparently got Pritchard for more than Brighton agreed as well.

This all seems like an extreme dereliction of duty by someone whether it be Hughton and Adams for buying them, or current management or both, surely we could have got a fee from a potential CL Team??

With regards to Pritchard, I don''t believe we are paying any more than Brighton (apart from in wages), it''s simply that they were offering less up-front but with substantial add-ons, whereas we''ve cut through a lot of that hassle and simply offered more up-front instead.As for the RvW and Vadis sales, it could be argued that we''re partly to blame for this, and also we can''t ''force'' any club to pay what we would like, we instead either take the going rate or keep the player.I''d agree that the values DO seem low, particularly compared to what we paid, but the other clubs would simply point out "It''s not our fault if you overpaid to begin with" or similar.Maybe if we''d got the best out of RvW and Vadis (taking into account VOO''s injury problems), then we''d either be making a profit, or at least breaking even...

If the loss in money of these two players ''really jars you off'', does the contrasting £10 million profit we made solely on selling Redmond make you really happy? Somehow I doubt it..

Not every transfer works out, it''s better to have players off the wage bill when they aren''t featuring in AN''s plans and clearly that''s the case for these two. I''m not really sure what your gripe is. We can''t force teams to pay more money for them.

Now look at the sales of Fer, Snodgrass, Redmond and most likely Brady...

Others in that mix also i''m sure.

Most clubs operate at a loss in transfer in football... its the sponsorship and tv rights that churn in the income.

Look at Matic, Lukaku and Pogba as examples at bigger clubs. They have done far worse in selling youth assets for peanuts, to only cost a fortune to get back. It''s the name of the game i''m afraid.

Alfonso Alves ring a bell?

[quote user="Michael Bates"]Alfonso Alves ring a bell?[/quote]Alves couldn''t even find the bell, never mind ring it....

Well that''s news to me

We paid 3.2 inc add-ons I believe and sold for 11M, of the 7.8M we had to give Birmingham 15% so that''s 6.65M profit

very decent but not stellar considering Ibe who is in exactly the same bracket went for 15M.

My gripe is every time we go abroad to sign players where the value is we fuck it up with the exception of Fer who we made a profit of over 3m on. So our scouting is very poor and we are not exactly extracting the last penny out of buying clubs either

Plus look at some of the other players in the squad too... Lambert got us Ruddy and R Martin for peanuts and they''ve served us for many seasons.

No, 14m is a rip off for McCormack but we have spent most of our budget on an area that is already well stocked in fact the only position on the field that is attacking CM

Wes, Maddison, Naismith and now Pritchard

A 31 Senior player squad with 3 Strikers and 12 Midfielders?

''''My gripe is every time we go abroad to sign players where the value is we *** it up with the exception of Fer who we made a profit of over 3m on. So our scouting is very poor and we are not exactly extracting the last penny out of buying clubs either ''''

What about Tettey? Other than RvW and VOO who have we signed from abroad where we''ve fuck3d it up?

I make it 4 signings abroad - 2 of which were successful (1 very) and 2 unsuccessful (1 catastrophic).

Vadis, now that''s a strange one, flattered to deceive once or twice, or was it once, never did anything. Good money for being a dud!

Had no idea the Club spent £4.25 million on Vadis. He only made 10 appearances in over 700 odds days with the Club. Whoever sanctioned this signing needs shooting.

''My gripe is every time we go abroad to sign players where the value is we *** it up with the exception of Fer who we made a profit of over 3m on. So our scouting is very poor and we are not exactly extracting the last penny out of buying clubs either ''''

What about Tettey? Other than RvW and VOO who have we signed from abroad where we''ve fuck3d it up?

I make it 4 signings abroad - 2 of which were successful (1 very) and 2 unsuccessful (1 catastrophic).

I think you can only count Fer successful in terms of profit made, Tettey is a success, very successful is stretching it

Perhaps my memory is a bit longer Mortensen, Anselin, Segura, De Blasis, De Waard, Siberski, Fulgestaad, Elmander, Stravinkha not exactly a shining success story in this area you must agree.

Probably only Nedergaard

[quote user="militantcanary"]No, 14m is a rip off for McCormack but we have spent most of our budget on an area that is already well stocked in fact the only position on the field that is attacking CM

Wes, Maddison, Naismith and now Pritchard

A 31 Senior player squad with 3 Strikers and 12 Midfielders?[/quote]Yeah, but we play 4-5-1, don''t we? Therefore you could argue we have fewer midfielders for each position than strikers. Realistically, our fourth choice striker isn''t going to play except in emergencies. Not denying we urgently need another striker, but it''s not massively imbalanced IMO.

i have a bad feeling that he is going to shoehorn

Pritchard, Wes and Naismith into the same team

Rudd

Olsson/Brady Klose Bennett Pinto

Tettey Howson

Naismith Pritchard Wes/Maddison

Jerome

This is not going to work at all as it will be an disjointed mix up front, is too narrow and we will mean we get overrun as none of them can tackle so well

I would go for

Ruddy

Olsson Klose Bennett Pinto

Brady Howson Tettey Murphy

Wes/Pritchard

Jerome

So finding no use for our equal record signing Naismith

I don''t understand what he is doing at all, we have too many players in one position if they could play in a no of positions it would be clearer but Pritchard is the only one who can play wider of the 4 attacking Midfielders. Also if Pritchard plays with Wes our best player at the moment they are a couple of midgets, okay Barcelona did it but can Norwich in the Championship??

[quote user="militantcanary"]i have a bad feeling that he is going to shoehorn

Rudd

Tettey Howson

Jerome

This is not going to work at all as it will be an disjointed mix up front, is too narrow and we will mean we get overrun as none of them can tackle so well

I would go for

Ruddy

Wes/Pritchard

Jerome

I don''t understand what he is doing at all, we have too many players in one position if they could play in a no of positions it would be clearer but Pritchard is the only one who can play wider of the 4 attacking Midfielders. Also if Pritchard plays with Wes our best player at the moment they are a couple of midgets, okay Barcelona did it but can Norwich in the Championship??[/quote]As I have said elsewhere, I think this could work beautifully. At Championship level we can afford to be more attacking than we were last season, so the full-backs will have licence to push further forward when we attack. As such, any three from Pritchard, Naismith, Hoolahan and Maddison interchanging in a narrower three, with Howson pushing on from alongside Tettey, is frighteningly good. With Olsson and Pinto bombing on, we are going to be a force to be reckoned with this season. Another striker is required for sure, but that setup should be way too good for a lot of Championship defences.Remember Neil is still learning his trade - he completely reappraised our strategy after the 6-2 at Newcastle, and from that moment on our momentum disappeared and we never really got going again. In this division, with this squad, Neil will revert to his natural attacking strategy but with the lessons learnt from last season about when to shore up. I genuinely think signing Pritchard is a masterstroke, and we can still sign a quality striker when Brady is sold (I think that''s pretty much inevitable).

Yeah, let''s just take them two examples shall we? How about add the £11m we got for Redmond into the equation who we bought for £2m. Now we''re back even pretty much with the fees.

[quote user="militantcanary"]i have a bad feeling that he is going to shoehorn

Rudd

Tettey Howson

Jerome

I would go for

Ruddy

Wes/Pritchard

Jerome

I don''t understand what he is doing at all, we have too many players in one position if they could play in a no of positions it would be clearer but Pritchard is the only one who can play wider of the 4 attacking Midfielders. Also if Pritchard plays with Wes our best player at the moment they are a couple of midgets, okay Barcelona did it but can Norwich in the Championship??[/quote]

in your first lineup, move Pritchard outside to the left, Wes to the center, and Naismith or Canos to the right.

that''s a beautiful attacking three in a 4-2-3-1 right there.

Thats the tranfer world - some you win some you lose.

the voo transfer reminded me of the pilkington one; well regarded youngster who suffered a serious injury and only just back on the mend. In both cases we paid for a non recovered player based on their pre injury potential. both were a gamble.

With Pilks it paid off; with voo it didnt.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Had no idea the Club spent £4.25 million on Vadis. He only made 10 appearances in over 700 odds days with the Club. Whoever sanctioned this signing needs shooting.[/quote]Maybe that''s the problem. You''re not getting good people wanting to do the job, because every time they make a mistake you want to shoot them.