Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Ruddy on the Move?

Not seen or heard anything myself to suggest it, just seems a bit peculiar signing McGovern and then signing another keeper? Has anyone heard anything?

We have always had 3 keepers and with Rudd at Charlton, we need a duffer to keep the 3rd spot warm. Remember Carlo Nash? Nah me either

Cant see it, this new guy signed today is a lower league, old head, brought in as 3rd choice cover in case of injury, allowing Rudd and Remi Mathews to go out on loan and play. Good management.

Replying to the question, i sincerely hope so, and between the sticks, saving all the shots. A static GK aint much fun to be honest.

Just think about it. Rudd has gone out on loan. If Ruddy was going Rudd wouldn''t have gone out on loan. Rudd would''ve been No2.

Quite clear Ruddy is staying and will be number 1.

With Rudd in the last year of his contract it looks like he will be the one on the move?

We always needed 3 keeps and with Matthews already at Hamilton for the season a third cheap cover keeper was needed - he simply fills that gap.

straight choice between ruddy and mcGovern for the starting spot; am expecting Ruddy to start.

Fair points, I suppose re: Nash is true. The only thing he achieved here was a speeding fine.

McGovern certainly will give Ruddy some healthy competition, and if this new guy is indeed just a replacement for Rudd, maybe the Charlton loan deal might be make or break for Rudd? It''s hard to see a future for him with us unless he''s happy to be number 2, or now we''ve signed McGovern surely no 3.

I think we have seen the last of Rudd, unless he is amazing at Charlton, in which case we may ship out Ruddy and make him number one but I don''t see that happening tbh

Ruddy on The Move? Interesting, I''d like to hear his thoughts on Blackberry Way, Flowers In The Rain and Fire Brigade, and on why Jeff Lynne didn''t write any songs for the band.

Hope not Darth,i rate Rudd. Drop a young-ish Keeper into Prem relegation battle and he''s gonna feel it, personally i think he did ok, remember, John Ruddy was a bit flaky at the time too.

If he gets more game time at Charlton than he would do here then all''s good, for us and for him whether he stays or leaves.

I''d rather he goes on loan, but ultimately stays, unless we have someone better, of course3.

[quote user="nu_matik"]We have always had 3 keepers and with Rudd at Charlton, we need a duffer to keep the 3rd spot warm. Remember Carlo Nash? Nah me either[/quote]

Player of the season 2014...classic!

If Rudd has a blinder on loan and wins L1 Player of the Year, we can stick him on a nice contract and keep ''one of our own'' as #1.

If he isn''t up to much, we can let him go full Joe Lewis and let him try elsewhere.

Better deal for the club than the player. And I''m ok with that.

Rudds contract is up next summer (unless we have a +1 option, anyone know??) so I suspect we may not have much say.

The 2 year deal may have been how to get him here - we can always sell/loan release him if needed - but probably does indicate the rudds future is away for here.

On a similar note I assume everyone has seen Joe Lewis'' recreation of Gunn/Ullathornes OG? Such bad luck that the divot sent the ball away from him as well as up - he had no chance!

Ruddy isnt going anywhere soon I am afraid. AN honestly thinks last years squad with a bit of tweaking is good enough to go up again. I hope he is right fear he is wrong.

Ruddy Martin, Whitts, Turner, Bassong, Dorrans Jerome , Lafferty , Jarvis should have gone this summer to freshen up squad.

To be in AN squad you seem to need to be Scot or midfield preferably both , we have effectively two forwards on books no new defenders or forwards , great!

Personnally would have given Rudd a chance in this league with McGovern as competition.