Sign in to follow this  
GB1902

George Burley...

With every bad situation a good 1 will inevitably present itself. This is the case today, with the not so sudden realisation that Nigel Worthington isn''t up to the job and George Burley leaving Hearts. I read on another board that bringing George Burley here would divide the fans. Yes it would. Between those who care about this football club and want to see a decent manager appointed despite his past associations and those that can''t put petty rivalry aside and can''t get past his Ipswich connections.

The simple fact is George Burley is a brilliant manager. If he had achieved what he had with another team other than Ipswich as well as what he did at Derby and then at Hearts, Norwich fans would be scrabbling to get this guy on board. Don''t get me wrong I hate Ipswich as much as the next guy but are we really gonna put that in the way of the future of NCFC and trying to make the most of what is left of this season.

If the board have any sense they''ll call a meeting with Nigel on monday and thank him for his service to the club and what he has done for us and then ask him due to the current situation to resign. If he doesnt they should find a suitable financial package and let him go. Then get onto the phone to Burley and try and get him down here. As far as I understand it he still has a house in suffolk and still loves the area. Despite the past connections I think he may well love the opportunity of trying to get Norwich in the premiership.

P.S. For those that wouldnt want to see Burley here because of his Ipswich connections, imagine how sweet it would be to see him get us up through the play offs. Imagine how much that would gall many Ipswich fans, considering quite a few still want him back as manager!

Definately some things to think about!!!

Would be amusing to see it with Ipswich having a former Canary at the helm. But I honestly think we''d more likely see Joe Royle sacked at Portman Road and replaced by his predecessor than Burley taking the job at Norwich (even assuming Worthington did leave). I''m sure the board would try tho - it''s not as if they were averse to taking on Hamilton...