Sign in to follow this  
Jammy Yellow

Vadis off. Lafferty stays.

Have it on good authority that the deal involving Legia and Vadis will be going through this weekend. In addition Kyle has been told he will be moved on when an offer around £1m is made. A few teams in champ interested aswell as an Italian prem side. Will only be pushed through when new striker comes in.

BREAKING NEWS: Olsson to stay with a view to negotiate a new contract in December. West Ham bid out right rejected and they have turned their attention to Davide Santon (ex-Newcastle fullback)

Good bloody news guys!!

We are also looking into loan options for Turner. Will be deciding somewhere between Martin gets back up to speed and transfer window shutting.

Rotherham, PNE and Blackburn interested.

I think any defensive transfers are going to be a last minute job. We could really do with a high class partner for klose we''d be very tough to break through

I don''t mind bassong and martin at this level. Its just in premier league they get found out. A case of coulda shoulda with defensive transfers last year.

Why do people assume that Bassong and Martin can still hack it a year on. if that was always the case we would still have Forbes and Stringer at the back.

We now have enough midfielders for two teams in champs and only two forwards, what are we doing please.

The Forest Forward should be immediatly bid for and obtained he is exactly what we need, but probably need another as Laffs unlikely to be here long and Offside Cameroon may only get goals if a linesman is blind ( there r some as we found last season).

There must be some good young strikers in L1 we can get also.

Once again another awful transfer window wonder what excuse AN has this time! Oh I know lost Chief Exec took months to replace.

[quote user="CJ"]

Once again another awful transfer window wonder what excuse AN has this time! Oh I know lost Chief Exec took months to replace.[/quote]You forgot about the Euros.  We had to wait for Wales to be knocked out, and the Olympics to start.

"People have short memories. Martin and Bassong were terrific last time we were down at this level"

No they weren''t.

Neither were Whittaker and Bassong.

"Why do people assume that Bassong and Martin can still hack it a year on. if that was always the case we would still have Forbes and Stringer at the back."

Congratulations on making the all time stupid statement list with that gem.

Tettey''s Jig : While we''re on the phone with legia, we could do a lot worse than asking about their main striker...

I keep mentioning Nikolic (Legia''s main striker) as a possible target. As I read now Porto is after him... Scored 28 in 38 last season, and 3 in 4 of Legia''s CL matches this season. Mind you, he''s an out and out poacher - not a lone striker, but pricewise a fraction of McCormack (at 3-4m).

(While I''m at it: Should we need a replacement for Brady I can whoeleheartedly recommend winger Balazs Dzsudzsak. The left footed Hungary skipper scored two goals, like Brady, at the Euros, quite pacy and has a terrific left foot, great at fks, crosses, all dead balls. His current club, Bursaspor is ridden with financial problems, so willing to sell for about 3m - a bargain.)

''''I''m at it: Should we need a replacement for Brady I can whoeleheartedly recommend winger Balazs Dzsudzsak. The left footed Hungary skipper scored two goals, like Brady, at the Euros, quite pacy and has a terrific left foot, great at fks, crosses, all dead balls. His current club, Bursaspor is ridden with financial problems, so willing to sell for about 3m - a bargain.) ''''... Budapest

Good shout BC , He impressed me , watched all Hungarys games at the Euros as i have a Hungarian Uncle.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Mulumbu just tweeted a goodbye to Vadis. Seems he won''t have to wait until the weekend.[/quote]
Couldn''t find this tweet - Could you link it please?

apparently now deleted but I did see it yesterday, wishing VOO all the best.

I''ve mentioned Dzsudzsak several times over the past few years, would have done a job in the Prem, would definitely do a good job in the Champ.

Always liked Vadis, always thought he was exciting and I wish he had been given more of a chance. I''ve watched some of our players play cr@p week in week out but keep their place. I know he''s not fast like Huckerby but IMO could''ve had that same play where whenever he got the ball you knew something exciting was going to happen.

I will be interested in how he gets on and I will be keeping an eye on him as I''m sure he is something special and was just treated badly here.

Good luck Vadis, show them what you can do!!

[quote user="Number 9"]"People have short memories. Martin and Bassong were terrific last time we were down at this level"

No they weren''t.

Neither were Whittaker and Bassong.[/quote]

No. 9

Whittaker was ok that season, but Bassong coming back into the side was part of the reason we conceded 40% fewer goals per game once he was back in the side than when he was at watford - we went from conceeding 6 goals every 5 games to 3 while scoring the same number of goals (9)

The combination of Martin and Bennett was simply poor - conceeding too many soft goals. Bassong was far from perfect or even that impressive, but that season should remain a lesson in the relative strengths of the centre backs at the club.

By all means have your illogical preferences - but revisionist history should at least deal with the facts.

So he may be playing against the Mighty Dundalk, Irish champs who have just gone further than any Irish team in the Champions lge Qualifiers.

Incidentally Cash prize for winning Irish Prem €110,000 , thats all.so far Dundalk are guaranteed in excess of €7million, even if they lose to Warsaw..... they, of course are delighted.