Sign in to follow this  
Crafty Canary

Would the board please explain

What the club''s transfer policy is and why Villa can complete the RMc transfer in three days whilst we spend weeks failing to achieve anything?

How much are we spending on the consultants who have helped the club to achieve sweet FA this close season in the transfer market?

Fox trotting to the top!

Do you mean this messageboard or the NCFC board? If it''s the latter, why don''t you address your message to them rather than put it on here?

They like to play hardball with peanuts always have, that said we shouldn''t be wasting a heap of cash on McCormack just because we can... RVW anyone?

The pink''un club apologist and forum patrolling sentinels will be along shortly, and like a pack of excited fox hounds will flock, mock and derail this thread - whilst attempting to discredit your credentials as a supporter.........Wonder who''ll be at the front of the pack? ;-)

A) The club don''t have to explain anything in response to an MB postB) Villa can complete in 3 days because they were happy to throw money at the deal and get massively ripped off in the process, we didn''t fancy being taken from behind AND paying for the privilege so we took our time trying to avoid both.C) A consultant can help identify targets and potential costs, but it still comes down to the selling club regardless. What''s more, I think most fans are pretty damn happy that RvW & Kean have already been moved on, Vadis will soon join them and they only really need to get Lafferty gone to have done a pretty impressive job of shifting most of the key players that AN didn''t want anymore - and in just a couple of weeks.Hope that clears things up for you.

I think they are reluctant to risk splashing too much cash on a player.

RVW - Cost a fortune for a club our size and scored 2 goals.

Naismith cost the club a huge fee and has yet to show amazing things.

Cant blame them for being a tad reluctant

Put simply, I don''t think we had the money Fulham were after. That''s what it boils down to. Villa do, so could sort the deal quicker.

I was always in the ''pro'' can re: McCormack, but was not happy with the price and £12-15m seems way high; you can see it would have almost been all our funds on one player who could get crocked at any moment so we may be better out of it.

Re: the board, it''s best to ask them - but they don''t have to say anything if they don''t want, and may be better off not doing until the transfer window is all done, and that''s 4 weeks away.

Crafty, the board''s modus operandi appears to be premised on the objective of remaining an above average championship side with clap banners handed out in the last two or three home games each season. I

Norwich probably wanted to pay installments based on goals scored, promotion etc to make up £10million as opposed to Villa who will stump up £12 million all upfront for a player that has had no preseason behind him and will take until October to get match fitness and has never played PL football (there is a reason for this as well). McCormack is only worth £12 million if his goals get you promoted. Norwich only need a couple of players whereas Villa need 12 to 15 to get a promotion squad.

There are better value for money options out there than McCormack.

Not signing RMc is OK if we have a viable plan b. Lots of comment on here about how we would prefer to sign a hungry (or was it Hungarian) striker from the lower leagues, or bring through the Youth, which are both excellent ideas IF we actually do. We haven''t however produced players from the academy to play in the first team for years (not my words, those of Steve Stone) , and our scouting system just isn''t coming up with these magical strikers scoring pots of goals for Accrington Stanley. Burnley couldn''t wait to get rid of Darnborough (is he still here?) and we can now see why.

The one "plan" that would be totally unacceptable given the well paid roles that we have in the Club would be the "go with what we''ve got" routine up front. Starting the season (which we now will) with Cam , and very little else is car crash management , particularly as we now don''t have Redmond , Hooper or Grabban, all of who scored goals to help us go up last time. We don''t seem to be able to control Lafferty so he is out of the picture .

Add to that players that don''t want to be here (Brady, Ollson) and it all looks like a bit of a carve up.

Does Ricky Martin still cut up the oranges by the way?

how do you know its taken them 3 days? They could have been after him for as long as we have for all you know.

Why didn''t you come to the fans forum Crafty and ask about how much money is being spent on consultants, the board won''t reply on a messageboard will they?

The Great Drinkell wrote the following post at 03/08/2016 12:34 PM:

No where have I seen it written that Brady has said he doesn''t want to be here GPB, can I assume that is an assumption on your part? as that can be dangerous

Call it a hunch TGD. Tight calfs can be a nuisance though....

Hoopla Han Solo wrote, Would Crafty Canary please explain why he''s such a miserable moaning fanny?

Please note I have added the ? To the end of your question so it is grammatically correct.

The short answer to your question is that I have supported the club for 55 years and do not default to happy clapper status. I am not saying RMc was the right target or not and I''m not saying he is worth the fees being banded about. However I would be interested in knowing why we can waste a summer chasing a signing and failing whilst another club can do the deal in a matter of days. This is not the first time e.g. The fiasco of last summer over a CB and Afobe and previous seasons.

Surely the supporters are entitled to question the club''s policy and as a shareholder I most certainly have the right to hold the board of directors to account. Perhaps our fox trotting Chairman could actually focus on leading the club rather than going dancing and writing his memoirs of his failure as a politician.

If you don''t agree with me that''s fine but if you don''t like me expressing my opinion, tough!

If people can''t live with the fact that we can''t compete with richer clubs perhaps they should start supporting one of those richer clubs.

We have the money, we are one of the wealthiest clubs in the Championship. We are not competing with the likes of Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd. If we could not afford to sign RMc then why have we spent the summer trying to do so?

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Hoopla Han Solo wrote, Would Crafty Canary please explain why he''s such a miserable moaning fanny?

Please note I have added the ? To the end of your question so it is grammatically correct.

The short answer to your question is that I have supported the club for 55 years and do not default to happy clapper status. I am not saying RMc was the right target or not and I''m not saying he is worth the fees being banded about. However I would be interested in knowing why we can waste a summer chasing a signing and failing whilst another club can do the deal in a matter of days. This is not the first time e.g. The fiasco of last summer over a CB and Afobe and previous seasons.

Surely the supporters are entitled to question the club''s policy and as a shareholder I most certainly have the right to hold the board of directors to account. Perhaps our fox trotting Chairman could actually focus on leading the club rather than going dancing and writing his memoirs of his failure as a politician.

If you don''t agree with me that''s fine but if you don''t like me expressing my opinion, tough![/quote]Probably not the wisest idea to correct a poster''s grammar, unless one is certain of one''s own perfection in that area...Moving on, the point is this - if you want the board to explain something, then ask the directors. AGMs never seem to coincide with visits home for me, so if from time to time I had a specific question I emailed Neil Doncaster and later on David "Always good to hear from you, PurpleCanary!" McNally. It was less ego-driven than being uselessly rhetorical on a message-board, which does nothing at all to hold the club to account, but almost always informative. Occasionally I would be able to pass on the answer, wholely or in part, for the benefit of posters. Possibly this is an example for others to follow, with Ed Balls, who seems willing to talk to fans, and Moxey, when he turns up as CEO.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]We have the money, we are one of the wealthiest clubs in the Championship. We are not competing with the likes of Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd. If we could not afford to sign RMc then why have we spent the summer trying to do so?[/quote]

Are we actually "one of the wealthiest clubs in the championship" though? Yes, we have parachute payments which give us more leeway with FFP, but, we also will have one of the highest overheads in the championship having players singed as premiership players (albeit with relegation clauses). Not withstanding the parachute payments I can think of at least 5 clubs off the top of my head who are wealthier than us, even with the parachute payments most of them probably still would be.

Crafty; how do you know it has only taken Villa a matter of days to sign McCormack (especially given that they haven''t actually signed him yet, as far as I can see)? Genuine question. Also, why do you s''ppose it''s taken them all summer to do so? Couldn''t they have got this all sorted weeks ago?

[quote user="cornish sam"][quote user="Crafty Canary"]We have the money, we are one of the wealthiest clubs in the Championship. We are not competing with the likes of Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd. If we could not afford to sign RMc then why have we spent the summer trying to do so?[/quote]

Are we actually "one of the wealthiest clubs in the championship" though? Yes, we have parachute payments which give us more leeway with FFP, but, we also will have one of the highest overheads in the championship having players singed as premiership players (albeit with relegation clauses). Not withstanding the parachute payments I can think of at least 5 clubs off the top of my head who are wealthier than us, even with the parachute payments most of them probably still would be.[/quote]In terms of the wealth of owners, by my calculation, only Burton Albion are poorer than us. Everybody else has richer owners.

I agree Purple about time they made an effort to sell the club, when only club we can compete with is Burton!

Well at least they love the club and sit there surrounded by their chums, eating their prawn sandwiches and knocking back the merlot, safe in the knowledge that we have more happy clappers than nappy crappers.

Or to put it another way, massively well done to the owners for managing to give us such success and stability against such odds.... Or yet another way, how pointless is it to have new, wealthy owners who don''t care about the club since they''re all doing so badly at getting promoted....

If you actually knew grammar at all, you would know a question mark wasn''t needed. Also, I love the irony of you alleging a grammatical error and then go on to write a post littered with such. Wonderful stuff.