Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

Pritchard signs

Why did we let Dec go on loan and bring another keep on board? That means he''s definitely going to be off now after the Charlton loan I guess.

Because Declan needs to play first-team football, and he''s not going to get that here currently.

Suspect this will now be the start of Brady leaving giving us a load more money to invest in more, ideally a couple of center forwards.

Great signing though, appreciate it was only Whitts in the middle of the park when Pritchard put on a show at a Carrow Road but he was a player to watch all that season.

Like Rudd I guess, he needs to play to get back to his best and with the way we try to play hopefully it will work out for the best.

A good signing and a quality player but ............ if I have a hole in my trousers I don''t buy a new shirt, especially if I have more than I can wear already.

I hope the positions we really need are taken care of.

I''ve only seen him play once when he ripped us to shreds 18 months ago, was that a one off or is he often that good?

I understand he''s more of a second striker than an attacking mid link up player so I assume he''ll be competing with Naismith this year while being more than adequate cover on both flanks. At Spurs he''s had a proper pre season unlike Canos who was mostly excluded so I can see him getting a place on the bench tomorrow.

One thing i did notice though regardless of how poor we were in that loss to Brentford but i remember clearly thinking their little blonde forward was lightening quick and was superb in Brentfords counter attacks so even though we appear to be overstocked on advanced midfielders, he has something different and would probably be very useful if we go up again, we badly lacked pace and a counter attacking plan in the PL last year

I suppose it too much to hope that we keep Brady after signing AP? I wonder if we''ll see Maddison loaned out, or Naismith moved on. Wessi just signed a new deal, and we sure have a lot of number 10''s that have come in this calendar year.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]I suppose it too much to hope that we keep Brady after signing AP? I wonder if we''ll see Maddison loaned out, or Naismith moved on. Wessi just signed a new deal, and we sure have a lot of number 10''s that have come in this calendar year.[/quote]

The season is 46 games (plus Cup - another 2!) so it is vital to have a large squad to cover injuries, suspensions, loss of form, etc. The days of just having and needing 11 main players are a distant memory.

[quote user="curious yellow"]Good move, let''s hope it works out as successful as Culverhouse, Bowen, Crook and Polston who all made the same journey[/quote]

.......Martin Peters and Jimmy Neighbour, and Martin Chivers (via Servette). Paul McVeigh.....

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]I suppose it too much to hope that we keep Brady after signing AP? I wonder if we''ll see Maddison loaned out, or Naismith moved on. Wessi just signed a new deal, and we sure have a lot of number 10''s that have come in this calendar year.[/quote]

The season is 46 games (plus Cup - another 2!) so it is vital to have a large squad to cover injuries, suspensions, loss of form, etc. The days of just having and needing 11 main players are a distant memory.[/quote]

Totally Webbo. But 4 players for one position is a lot even for a team in multiple competitions, and we''ll likely do our traditional cup dive early on, leaving 46 games spread between a lot of players still. Surely Maddison with either go on loan or Naismith will leave. 3 is plenty.

Yes good signing and obviously part of a bigger picture of departures and hopefully arrivals.👍

Great news, a fantastic signing of a player with huge potential who offers us flexibility across virtually all of the attacking mid/wing positions, and could even play as a second striker given the right approach.Could potentially represent one of the biggest transfer coups of the season if he performs consistently at the sort of levels he''s shown he''s capable of.

Great stuff, not only signing a great player but stealing him from one of our promotion rivals. Maybe we don''t need McNally''s mean streak anymore!

Excellent piece of business, well done City. Another couple of bits of the jigsaw to go and we''ll be well set.

Many people have since the end of last season, have been urging the club to go for Alex, including me.

If he can be 75% as good as he was here for Brentford....that will do me.

Now for goodness sake get a goal scorer of quality, otherwise we will never make the top six. there must be a few in the Champs who would be happy to make a move here.

An excellent signing - good quality (as we learnt first hand!), young and not simply ''one for the future'' but actually for the here and now.

I just prey that he can play on the left wing! I really don''t want to see Hoolahan or Naismith stuck out there!

Doubt Norwich will play with ''wingers'' per se. Imagine AN will want to set up 3 attacking players to operate quite narrow behind a mobile central striker.

Think of Germany in the Euros or Pep''s Barcelona. The full backs will be expected to get forward to provide width while Tettey and Howson will cover them.

Expect to see Norwich dominating possession but it could be frustrating as teams sit deep and try to soak it up. At times it will be wonderful to watch the interplay, at times it will seem boring as Norwich pass the ball from side to side looking for openings.

What Pritchard crucially brings (which McCormack also had) is the ability to shot from range and score free kicks - there isn''t a huge amount of that talent in the team right now.

Ecstatic with this signing. Real class player at this level.

A player for the present and the future.

Great boost going into the season''s opener.

I see Pritchard fitting in to this sort of system

Ruddy

Pinto Bennett Klose Ollson

Tettey

Howson Pritchard

Hoolahan

Jerome Naismith

Or something like it?

Snake