Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

I see why Boro fans had aggro with Brighton fans last season...

They seem convinced that we would only get him due to money as they are a bigger club with better facilities, manager and prospects. Very bizarre and very deluded.

Yes I am sure money has played a part but to any objective observer we have a better chance of promotion. I do not believe they will over perform as they did last year.

They really aren''t very happy are they?

Richard Holmes ‏@richolmestwit 47m47 minutes ago

.@OfficialBHAFC setting out to sign Pritchard & settling for Norwood is like trying to shag Margot Robbie & you end up fingering Susan Boyle

They admittedly have a very nice, If a little soulless stadium. That said, I''m pretty sure Pritchard will choose us not for the money but for the fact that we''ve been in the Premier League for 4 of the last 5 seasons.

When you compare this to their zero Premier League seasons ever, you understand where Pritchard might be coming from.

I remember they were a bit up themselves when we signed first tried to sign Elliott Bennett too. We also had a Brighton fan on here this summer saying there was no reason a player would leave Brighton to play for Norwich.

I''ve always quite liked Brighton as a team, and would like them to get promoted - just not at our expense. But surely if you were in Pritchard''s position, you''d go for Norwich over Brighton.

Brighton fans really are pathetic. Seem to think we''ve stumped up £8mil for Pritchard JUST so we stop them from strengthening.

They also think they are a bigger and better club than us because their stadium holds 3000 more seats..

Which they don''t fill anyway.

I rarely find such things amusing, but the bitterness on their forums regarding Pritchard really has been exceptional.

They really do seem to think they''re the giants of the Championship and the fact little Norwich City have come in and got one of their targets is simply unacceptable.
Bizarre really, i''ve never seen Brighton as anything special.

I heard somewhere that their new stadium was the first to have all padded seats

Which is useful, as they all seem pretty butthurt.

Woodman that isn''t accurate at all and I think it''s highly irresponsible of you to suggest such a thing!

For your INFORMATION there are fans that are STILL making a fuss over McCormack!

They really are scarily deluded.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?341172-Alex-Pritchard/page157

They''ve never won a single trophy, spent no time in the PL, regularly get lower crowds than us despite a bigger stadium, have never competed in Europe, spent far less time in the top flight than us etc etc yet because one sugardaddy has come in a built them a new stadium they somehow think they''re a big club xD

They''re on par with Brentford, Rotherham, Bristol etc, lower league clubs that are having a purple patch.

I sh*t you not they actually think he only chose us over them because of money! Because Brighton is such a big draw.....

The moaning about parachute payments is just as funny. We had no money and a mountain of debt, we spent little money recruiting cleverly and got to the PL, we paid off all our debt and have bloody earned this windfall. They did nothing but underachieve and wait until a sugardaddy came along to inject millions into them and they''re all pi55y that we can outspend their owner, who made his money away from football with TV and prize money/player sales that we actually earned in football.

I''ve never known such a small club to have such uppity, deluded fans. That is their main messageboard and doesn''t appear to be full of trolls like this place once was. They need a serious reality check! They''re one of the smallest clubs in this league ffs!

Yeah that is pretty funny reading. Any player would have made the same decision. Their disgust if the parachute payments is hilarious considering they have been funded to the level they are at by a sugar daddy

I''m kind of impressed by the fact that they have nearly 500 people viewing their messageboard at midnight on a Friday night (we have 8) and that there has been 1600 replies to a thread about a player that they didn''t sign when our thread about the same player has had 38 replies!

Well, to give them their dues, their messageboard isn''t stuck in the 90s like this one is.

Using this forum is like being forced to use one of those old Nokia 3310 mobile phones while everyone else is swanning about with smartphones.

[quote user="tired"]Well, to give them their dues, their messageboard isn''t stuck in the 90s like this one is.

Using this forum is like being forced to use one of those old Nokia 3310 mobile phones while everyone else is swanning about with smartphones.[/quote]

my thoughts. If this forum was better moderated, had a modern-day feel to it (anything from 2010 onwards) or at least some online presence, we''d be in a similar state to other clubs messageboards. And from that list I we really only need one, any single one. take your pick

[quote user="Mr Angry"]I''m kind of impressed by the fact that they have nearly 500 people viewing their messageboard at midnight on a Friday night (we have 8) and that there has been 1600 replies to a thread about a player that they didn''t sign when our thread about the same player has had 38 replies![/quote]

I''ve had a look on the Brighton board and most of it is one liners.   If

that''s what you want, fine, but there is a bit more character and community on his board than a board that seems to be full of

mindless chatter. 

It makes for comical reading, of those of you who have come over here to have a little look at what we have to say, a couple of points to address;

There seems to be a running theme of get rid of the parachute payments, it''s not fair, live within your means blah blah blah.

If you guys had an ounce of knowledge about Norwich or how we are run in terms of local ownership, being run in the black and largely signing after we have sold, then you know that actually we are one of the few clubs run in a sustainable and responsible manner.

Have a bit of class, this type of thing happens all the time to almost every club, the sour grapes thing and the illegal approach nonsense just makes you all look really small time.