Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

Ed's diary

To avoid any confusion, this is NOT real and I''m aware that Ed doesn''t actually deal with our transfers.

Rushed into work this morning, things are moving at pace and I was keen to check my emails.

I was expecting big news from London regarding a deal that would be absolutely massive and I wasn''t disappointed.

This is one that might have appeared to be a slow-burner but it''s a huge financial deal and extremely high profile. If I can pull this off, well, we can only imagine the moves that will come to fruition in the future.

Scanning through my inbox there was one from Olsson''s agent, enquiries from West Ham, Burnley, Leicester and a begging letter from Luciano Becchio, but there it was, the message from West London that I''ve worked so hard to receive.

Before I had a chance to open it, I was interrupted by a phone call from someone at somewhere called "Craven Cottage" but with no desire to appear on Countryfile, I allowed the answerphone to handle it.

THIS email was from the BBC and with Match of the Day now a distant aspiration, I knew that maintaining a prime-time presence was key. If we want to be a big club we need to maximise exposure and it doesn''t come bigger than bloody STRICTLY COME BLOODY DANCING!!!!

Yes, I''m in. Delighted, I was mid head spin when this bloody Craven buffoon rang again. I cut the call off, this is huge.

Sat down, ordered every yellow and green sequin on eBay and then calmed myself down to the point I could handle the days AOB.

Loads of mail and tweets about strikers; bizarre. But, being a Labour man, I''m all for getting people into work so appointed two junior Doctors, a tube driver, three French baggage handlers and an ex-miner.

If that''s not enough strikers for the fans, well, fuck''em.

Shame, when does the contant beating of the club, and those involved in it stop ? find this sort of post disrespectful, why do you think you are so clever ?

I love this football club, I support in every little way I can, I attend almost every match during a season, I support ANY player who pulls on a Norwich City shirt, I support the manager until the club decides its time for a new one. I love the fans who spend their hard earned cash in buying a season ticket, I really love the fans at away games, that reminds what football is about, I love the uncertainty that comes with supporting my team, I Hate when we lose and not usually good company for the journey home, but usually I have managed to dust myself off by next morning and looking forward to the next match, this has been the same for the last 21 years since joined the yellow army.

But I really do not like people who use this forum to constantly berate the club, yes have an opinion, yes offer thoughts on players and performances, but if this is the best you can offer Duncan, please take up another hobby, because I find you offensive to something that is an important part of my life.

This is very much tongue in cheek and if anything taking a sly satirical dig at our perma-moaner fans. I thought it was well written and amusing.

Amusing stuff welcome on a pretty disappointing day, some people need to lighten up. [Y]

It''s like he''s going for the record! Trying to get piers Morgan''s "UK''s biggest tw.at" crown

And Smith...

Duncan''s one of City''s keenest supporters.

Surely people don''t take these humourous posts that seriously do they ?

Can only speak for myself, don''t normally take these sort of posts serious, this last week seems to have attracted a much higher than normal contingent that are more intent on attacking the club from every conceivable angle, and i guess thats a bit like family, we can have a pop at our own family, but when others do its wrong ! i get some have a pop at the club, for fun, others do it for a reaction from folks on here, whilst some can''t possibly support NCFC, and would be much happier at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge or the like.

I find it difficult to understand the mentality of the band of happy clappers on this forum. When anybody draws attention to the most obvious shortcomings in the structure and management of the club, they immediately become targets for personal abuse.

How can these people not be critical of so many horrendous decisions taken at the highest level. The appointment of Fry, then of Balls. The loss of Bowkett a couple of weeks after his re-election, the parting of the ways with McNally. The club finding itself with nobody to identify transfer targets and nobody to conduct business in and out. When we need to act quickly and decisively within a window, we are unable to do so. All in all, a total indefensible shambles.

Personally, I think Alex Neil could well prove to be a good manager but for a guy needing good support as he ventures into English football, just look at the back-up he has had from above. Having spent his most recent years in Scottish football, he obviously needs assistance in identifying targets down here but the club doesn''t appear to have that expertise. So we engage a bunch of self-serving consultants to assist with personnel in and out. Let''s face it, football agents are pretty close to the bottom of the ethics league table.

The facts are that the owners have allowed the management of the club (not the team) to completely disintegrate and these deluded posters seem oblivious to it.

Lessingham, it looks like Duncan''s caught you on a bad day. Some of his recent attempts at humour have been a bit rubbish but this was obviously a spoof, and well done too.

Mr Angry

Lessingham, it looks like Duncan''s caught you on a bad day. Some of his recent attempts at humour have been a bit rubbish but this was obviously a spoof, and well done too.

Probably true MR A, there are times when I read stuff on here and laugh at some of the statements and every so often (but not too often) my blood boils, when folks (who probably haven''t set foot in CR more than a handful of times)just beat the club.

So my apologies to Duncan if my reaction was ott, he certainly has some support from respected posters on here, sorry Duncan (still didn''t come across funny tho ;-) )

Of course, being "of the people", the opportunity to visit a working class hotbed like Blackburn was always going to be second nature to me.

I spent most of Friday practicing shaking hands while holding my breath; they''d bound to have been drinking. As it happened, nobody recognised me, that''ll change once I''m Prime Minister. Ha!! Minister, I meant Prime Time TV.

Speaking of that, my spandex sequinned catsuit turned up from Amazon. Poured myself into it and I reckon with a strategically placed pair of socks I look quite the Adonis.

Back to the football though, we were bloody brilliant against the Rovers and secured a thoroughly deserved victory. The midfield were excellent, the defence largely untroubled and Cameron Jerome scored too. Wonderful stuff.

I''m definitely taking one or two things from this game forward, especially that Hoolahan sidestep. If I pull that off on the parque floor of the BBC and get less than a 7 from Len Goodman there''ll be no justice in the world.

In fact, I was a little bit miffed. The chaps waltzed through the Blackburn defence with such panache and effortless vibrancy that they might have stolen a bit of my thunder.

I''ve memo''d Alex to remind him that I AM THE DANCER at Norwich City and that they should stick to more conventional methods of attack in the coming games.

Right, must dash, Wes has just arrived to run me through that sidestep. He''d better understand that I''m dancing the lead though.

Oh, before I forget, just been told that Jez is starting work here today...for crying out loud...he''s already destroying my previous employer, why has he got to follow me around?

Norwich City need to be better than the Labour Party and then perhaps one of us can win something with Jez in charge.

They''d best carry on as they''ve started.

Toodle Pip.