Sign in to follow this  
Indy_Bones

RVW Article

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]this whole thread sums up this message board, if only Hitler wanted to gas stupid people it might have caught on[/quote]
Less than two pages to arrive at Godwin''s Law!

Indeed Ginja indeed and says far more about the poster than the thread subject or those that have participated no matter their views.

[quote user="Buh"]Here''s my article

RVW was C.RAP!

-Buh[/quote]Best article ever[Y]

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Buh"]Here''s my article

RVW was C.RAP!

-Buh[/quote]Best article ever[Y][/quote]Lol [:D]

As a former striker there is no chance that anybody would have taken the ball off me for a penalty. No chance. At any cost.

It was a pivotal moment in a sporting, confidence and dressing room sense. Any pro or coach watching knew what it meant.

Ultimately you take responsibility for your own success (regardless of any well-meaning and perfectly rational - indeed accurate - defences, excuses or mitigations).

It is professional sport.

Parma

have you ever played football Indy?

This article is based purely on stats and not convincing ones, it is also written by someone with a lack of understanding of the way the game is actually played. He is weak on the ball, i''ve never seen him win a 50/50. Given the way the game has changed this day and age being a poacher/finisher is not good enough to get you in any starting XI. There are no current strikers in the premier league who are pure finishers, they can hold the ball up or use pace (much like Jerome) but RVW is a dying breed.

RVW is not good, he has not been good and anyone who was even at the peterborough game could see that he is just not good enough. He is now playing in a league where a 36 year old Dirk Kuyt can score over 20 goals. I expect he will score a few over there (given the standard is terrible) and you will be running to say how good he is back on here. The reality is that he''s had 3 different managers and NONE of them have rated him as good enough.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Absolutely. I find it odd that people still try and blame RVWs shortcomings on players that DID perform for us. [/quote]

I don''t think it''s just about blaming other players, it''s people trying to see the whole picture.  RVW failed at Norwich, that speaks for itself, but the contributory factors that season were varied and complex.   1. Hughton and the reaction of the Lambert established players to him.2. Players making wrong decisions on the pitch eg - that penalty.3. Players performing, but taking on too much themselves.4. Hughton''s tactics.5. Plenty of fans being negative towards Hughton almost from the outset, hardly likely to help the situation.6. Injuries to midfielders and strikers going on throughout the season - Fer, Howson, Tettey, RVW himself.7. The bottom ten clubs all being in the relegation fight right up to near the end, causing so much tension in nearly every game for those clubs.There''s probably plenty more reasons why everyone failed in some way that season - it was a complete dogs b****ks of a season for all of us, thankfully now in the past - and RVW''s leaving the club can be seen as a positive step away from that era.

[quote user="Mark Fotheringham City Legend"]have you ever played football Indy?

This article is based purely on stats and not convincing ones, it is also written by someone with a lack of understanding of the way the game is actually played. He is weak on the ball, i''ve never seen him win a 50/50. Given the way the game has changed this day and age being a poacher/finisher is not good enough to get you in any starting XI. There are no current strikers in the premier league who are pure finishers, they can hold the ball up or use pace (much like Jerome) but RVW is a dying breed.

RVW is not good, he has not been good and anyone who was even at the peterborough game could see that he is just not good enough. He is now playing in a league where a 36 year old Dirk Kuyt can score over 20 goals. I expect he will score a few over there (given the standard is terrible) and you will be running to say how good he is back on here. The reality is that he''s had 3 different managers and NONE of them have rated him as good enough.[/quote]

Absolutely spot on......one trick ponies were ok 20 or more years ago.....not anymore.....

[quote user="Mark Fotheringham City Legend"]have you ever played football Indy?

RVW is not good, he has not been good and anyone who was even at the peterborough game could see that he is just not good enough. He is now playing in a league where a 36 year old Dirk Kuyt can score over 20 goals. I expect he will score a few over there (given the standard is terrible) and you will be running to say how good he is back on here. The reality is that he''s had 3 different managers and NONE of them have rated him as good enough.[/quote]

So you cast aside statistics and rely on memory. I remember RVW making the challenge that set up Snodgrass for the winner against Spurs.

It''s amazing that people are trying to justify what Snodgrass did against Everton. It showed a total lack of disciple and team spirit. Perhaps we would have preferred a full scale punch up on the pitch.

Snodgrass was the one who was abusive to the fans and left the club at the first opportunity.

So what are we blaming RVW for? If he was not up to it, either mentally or physically, he shouldn''t have been playing. I would only criticise him if he wasn''t trying.

The statistic that we have to face is that he scored in his last game for us.

But overall he didn''t play well for us and now he''s gone. Why didn''t we get the best out of him? Well let''s ignore that and keep blaming the individual.

Now posters have started on Naismith. No pressure then McCormack? God help him if he takes time to settle in or has a couple of bad games.

[quote user="Ali K"]Scores after 21 mins[/quote]That was 72 hours ago Winky ! Where have you been since Sunday ? [*-)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Ali K"]Scores after 21 mins[/quote]That was 72 hours ago Winky ! Where have you been since Sunday ? [*-)][/quote]

Like yourself the passing years mean the lights are on but nobody is at home 👍

[quote user="Ali K"]Have I missed something?[/quote]Monday.Tuesday and all day today by the looks of things Winky. [;)]

Well I did set you up for that but happy that you took the opportunity😀

I assume this has been posted elsewhere, apologies if I have repeated it.