Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Dame N'Doye

Latest rumour. On a loan deal, would be a decent signing. Looks dangerous in the PL and with the service we have should do a job in the Championship for sure.

Thecanaryfan wrote the following post at 03/08/2016 6:19 PM:

On loan I think this is an excellent bit of business. Beats spludging 15m on McCormack.

Yeah, goals are overrated.

Jools wrote the following post at 03/08/2016 6:24 PM:

Not happening - thank God.

I hope you are right because this is exactly the signing that we would pull off

He is the new Carl Cort.[url]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/2742768/ShowPost.aspx[/url][url]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/2943774/ShowPost.aspx[/url][url]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3262729/ShowPost.aspx[/url]

Regardless of money spent, going from the prospect of one of the classiest operators in the league who virtually guarantees you 20 plus goals to an absolute donkey with an abysmal goal scoring record will never, ever, be ''an excellent bit of business''.

Yeah and its Sh*te norwich who won''t coff up an extra £2m to secure one of the most prolific strikers in this division in last 4/5 seasons

Cheap ol narwich!

You can be sure a good few on here will think its an excellent move , would much rather have kept Ricky than sign shite like this .

We need at least 2, possibly 3 forwards in ideally, especially if we offload Lafferty. Big-name first choice striker and 2 more backups. Assuming this is a relatively cheap loan to fill up one of those backup spots, it sounds like a good bit of business - he''s experienced and hopefully capable of scoring a lot more in the Championship than in the top flight (where he''s played at 2 clubs who struggled badly for goals because they had poor service from a weak midfield - something that shouldn''t be a problem for us this season with the midfield talent we seem to be stacking up). As an additional striker, I''d be happy with this signing.

Happy with this tbh. Scored about 1 in every 2 games throughout his career. Played mostly a sub role for Sunderland last year (was on loan there too). So I''m sure he will happily be back up to cam jam. Perhaps pushing to start in that 1 man attack AN prefers.

Plus we aren''t shelling out a fortune on a striker we would struggle to fit in. Makes perfect sense to me.

Id be more than happy to go with what we have (keep Brady if we can) (get in Pritchard and Dame) and then splash out in January. It could either secure us automatic with a sturdy addition or give us a kick up the arse and get us up the table with an expensive good signing.

So we have gone from just signing McCormack to potentially bringing in Pritchard, N''Doye and a rumoured return bid for Assombalonga. Much happier if this all turns out to be true, we would have a good mix of pace, strength and guile in our forward areas. Assombolanga is the one I want most as we have lacked that particular style of striker for a while but Pritchard has looked impressive in the championship and N''Doye will add a good extra option with his strength on the ball.

[quote user="Dead Canary"] and N''Doye will add a good extra option with his strength on the ball.[/quote]1. He is supposed to be a striker.2. He does not score goals on a regular basis3. He is not what we need or want 4. Surely we''ve had our fill of strikers who don''t score/can''t score/won''t score

I''d be ecstatic with Pritchard, Assombalonga and N''Doye. That''s be a cracking haul.

N''Doye has decent strength, is excellent in the air and whilst he''s not especially pacey, he''s certainly no slouch. He''s a fairly decent finisher too. We won''t get much better to come in without guarantees of first team football (presuming he''s willing to). Would be a great option to come off the bench. He''s got a good football IQ too, can envisage him linking well with the attacking mid options we have.

Assombalonga is exactly the kind of striker we should be looking at imo. Suits the system far better than McCormack and is a very good striker for this level (and could potentially make the step up if we got promoted)/

[quote user="Jammy Yellow"]130 goals in 300 career appearances. Doesn''t score goals.

Stats are relative. Both ways I may add.[/quote]

Jammy, checked his stats. Most of those goals came about 5 seasons ago in the Danish league. Not many goals last 3/4 seasons

Is he any better than Laffs?????

If this is all we can get i would rather play Morris

1st team games will bring him on we will Benefit in the long run

Signing players like N''Doye on loan is what i hate clubs doing when we have young players trying to get games

i would rather sit there knowing Morris is trying 110 % than watch this Goal less wonder

In English football he''s managed 6 goals in 31 appearances. Hold the fucking bus I think our prayers are answered

How many of those games were in the Championship?

Then how did Jerome, Bamford, Hooper or Grabban do in the Championship compared to the Premier League?

If we were in the Prem id say no thx, no way. But i think we need 3 strikers all told, and this guy would  be more to Alex''s taste in the Champs than Lafferty im sure, can see him replacing Laffs to be honest, not meant to be the main star attraction striker we really need. But that star striker may take some time to get / find, N''Doye would be useful option should Cam get  injured first few games.Still see a few posters talking about Assombalonga, this guy will not leave Forest, end of.

[quote user="JF"]In English football he''s managed 6 goals in 31 appearances. Hold the fucking bus I think our prayers are answered[/quote]

Nearly an identical record to Mbokanis?