Sign in to follow this  
Wibble

Is Alex up to it ?

Lets be fair, the man admitted to his mistakes that maybe could of kept us up !But is he really ready for this, he definatley wasnt last season ! Why should he be more ready now, you look at the best managers, years of experience, either brilliant players or briliant coaches, just seems an angry young man to me and a coaching team which is Netto ( yes i realise they now defunct).Im all for giving youth a chance but funnily enough the mangement dont feel the same way, we have a young manager that doesnt want to trial our young players. Completely tactically out of his depth, i worry how long it would take him to do the edp crossword tbh, i bet a bottle of scotch on 8 hours.And we have signed one player !! Compared to the other two that cam down?????I call people to vote , either NEILIN / NEILOUT,  been a month since weve had a big vote.

If NCFC are not in the top half, probably top ten when Moxey arrives, then I would suggest he needs to start looking for another job!

Sorry for my language, why havent they got a speel chect ?Honestly i go back to my point in another thread, if u recruit a young upcoming manager dont let them recruit the staff , holts now gone and he was the fitness man. If we keep Alex, we get someone football inside to choose, tbh , we need football people inside the club.Our problem is we lose that experience but making them managers ,adams, gunny?

[quote user="lappinitup"]Oh dear, one pre-season friendly and Wibble has a wobble. [:S][/quote]Here we go the first one ! So question one :Are you happy as a  team as of today ?Two:Even though the manager stated his shortfalls last season, do you assume that he has got better on holiday ?Three :Are you completely happy with our defense ?Four:Do you like unicorns, i like unicorns !

Way to early. It was the Boards inability to secure transfers, not AN''s.

It was AN''s job to work with what he had. We were woefully lacking in defense and up front all season. He got some great results, and he had some bad ones. And he''s an up and coming manager who was thrown into the lions den and having to learn pretty d*mn quickly (not like someone say like, oh who was that England manager we had!!!)

Lets at least get into the season before we make judgement

As I''ve pointed out fifty times on various threads history is against AN, every time we''ve been relegated under Delia the manager in charge of the first game the following season has been sacked by January!

I don''t think he''s up to being a premiership manager and his signings have been mostly misses thus far, but heck like others 10 games time will tell, pre season isn''t a real gauge.........I''m a little more concerned about the squad, keeping all the players we were supposed to be having a clear out, hasn''t happened and one signing along with a free keeper so far!

Then one link with a very overrated striker for way too much money, let''s hope we all get a couple good surprises this week.

it is only a friendly

but there is a more common denominator than the manager.

There is a core (Ruddy, whittaker, olsson, bennett, bassong, martin, howson) that have all had spells of performing but longer disinterrested spells underperforming for Houghton, Adams and now Neil.

its not the loss thats a concern, its the midfielders not protecting the full backs, the midfielders being too slow to move the ball (we were better once dorrans came on) the defenders too slow and teflon time for a nap bennett again finds someone else to blame (whittaker this time) for his doziness.

Their ineptitude seems to infect the new signings too.

I am not sure we can progress until that core has been improved.

Naismith arrived as a vocal breath of fresh air against liverpool, we havent see that naismith since; was it the manager or peer pressure that quietened our record signing?

Agreed , it is the speed of attack or more so thought, I am no doom sayer , but it has to be seen, weve one striker, defence is dodgy, surely this should of been done and dusted by now. All this means is clubs hoping on loans , a yo yo club if we are lucky, buy now with the sole achievement of premier !I give up now, i have to tend my unicorn. Love you all xxxxxI like unicorns

Worthy......was the only manager who was given a full season, the rest went by January.......Gunn & Adams, but even Worthy failed to get us into the play offs I''m pretty sure this time round AN will be gone if we finish 9th.

Based on today, and thus far I''ve got nothing else to go on, it would appear that nothing has changed from last season.Too reliant on the old guard who are no longer good enough, lacking in desire and probably past caring.Too blinkered to give our younger players, who must be the way forward, a chance.We are in a rut and unless there is a radical rethink then as each game gets ticked off that rut will become deeper & more difficult to get out of.I wouldn''t be at all surprised that things will get even worse when 2 or 3 of our best players are sold only to be replaced with expensive ageing replacements while the players we really should be shot of remain.As things stand I can''t see further than mid table at best.

[quote user="Indy"]As I''ve pointed out fifty times on various threads history is against AN, every time we''ve been relegated under Delia the manager in charge of the first game the following season has been sacked by January!

I don''t think he''s up to being a premiership manager and his signings have been mostly misses thus far, but heck like others 10 games time will tell, pre season isn''t a real gauge.........I''m a little more concerned about the squad, keeping all the players we were supposed to be having a clear out, hasn''t happened and one signing along with a free keeper so far!

Then one link with a very overrated striker for way too much money, let''s hope we all get a couple good surprises this week.[/quote]!!!Not far from what i said tbh!In the prem to penny pinching to stay up, i can honestley see a drop like last time, we NEED football people in this club !

We''ll see Indy. Glad they kept Worthy on or we''d have got the others a season sooner.

Are you looking forward to the season buddy?

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]30 posts in six years, five of them in this thread, nice one Wibble[/quote]Apologies i forgot thread count means how how you care for the club.My badI have a job !

As for the OP''s original question, one pre-season match isn''t going to tell us the answer. We could just as easily go back to the previous match where we beat a Champions League contender. Neither result matters. The ones that do start next week and I am still convinced that AN is up to it, as are the players.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]We''ll see Indy. Glad they kept Worthy on or we''d have got the others a season sooner.

Are you looking forward to the season buddy?[/quote]

I am indeed Nutty, I believe as I said we have a great mix of players now and I hope that AN isn''t afraid to give our youngsters a good run too.

We''re only two player (Strikers) away from pushing anyone in this league.

Wes is again going to be a key player this year, I also think we will see the best yet from Murphy twins and I hope Maddison gets to learn from Wes this season, what a great mentor.

Can''t wait till Saturday, as friendlies are just a fitness measure to the season start.

Shame I''m away this coming weekend, I''ve not been to Blackburn since we lost 7-1 in 92 or 93....can''t remember the year but remember feeling pretty peed off heading home!

Oh man that was good Nutty, how careful do you need to be with predictive text! I''ve been using an iPad for about a year now and never read back before posting! Might just stop and read back after that one Nutty........good laugh needed......

Hey what''s your take on McCormack Nutty?

I am too Indy. Who knows what will happen. We''ve been spoiled for many years. We never seem to have an ordinary season of mid-table mediocrity anymore. That was what I was used to in my first few seasons. This is my 50th and I wonder if it will be a return to those first ones. Somehow I don''t think so.