Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

Scouting essentials

The Tom Cavendish thread must have got pulled in record time.

Dark forces at work...perhaps details our new signing from Kazakhstan (another midfielder) were mistakenly let slip?

Apples

[quote user="Mr Apples"]Did Tom''s credentials arrive in a brown paper envelope?

Apples[/quote]

Rest assured, he checks out.

I honestly haven''t heard anything as funny as "the call him the pitbull" in ages!

"Shola is in the building" level

The trouble is Buh that this thread is not funny but just an outlet for an extremely sad individual.

@Til

No it''s hilarious.

The comment on one of the RVW threads about seeing him eating a burger and looking lost slayed me.

As has been said on another thread this forum is all about opinions and i will stick with True Git being a sad individual. If this is humour i think i will give it a miss.

satire

/satʌɪə/

noun

the use of humour, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticise people''s stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

This highlights exactly why you should never send high profile figures of a club to scout for players. I very much doubt this deal will go through now the cover has be blown. I nearly spat a hot mouthful of Douwe Egberts all over the tablet when i read this story - this is amature behaviour from Alex, cant believe it.http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/norwich_city_chief_alex_neil_dismisses_reports_of_britt_assombalonga_scouting_trip_no_bids_for_seb_bassong_1_4666751

I for one love this true grit persona and his new role as scout is better than ever.

If nothing else you must admire the effort. Not on the same level as Tom Cavendish (who is clearly a clever guy who has far more insight than most would care accept) but certainly funnier.

Hey everybody,

Sorry I haven''t been active on the forum for a couple of weeks - been so busy with the club (I cant name the club due to contractual obligations) before deadline day, now have some well deserved time off. Very exciting times and was a tough few weeks to get everything sorted but the feedback I''ve received from the director of football makes it all worth while - I did a good job and am proud of myself.

Tip of the day is organisation - be organised, expect the unexpected. I use a Samsung s5 as a business phone, great device, but lacking on the battery life front. ALWAYS take a spare battery with you, I slip mine in the small pocket in my jeans (wrangler), or if a more formal ocassion, the breast pocket of my suit jacket (moss bros) - fits perfectly.

That''s a valid point TG, I''m finding now though that many places I stop at have charging sockets, I tend to just carry a USB cable (in my inside jacket pocket) don''t even need the transformer plug part these days.

Do you also use a tablet device?

What would you recommend?

[quote user="Number 9"]That''s a valid point TG, I''m finding now though that many places I stop at have charging sockets, I tend to just carry a USB cable (in my inside jacket pocket) don''t even need the transformer plug part these days.

Do you also use a tablet device?

What would you recommend?[/quote]

Sure do. I opt for a Samsung galaxy s2. Great stylus for making notes out in the field, on the fly. Always carry a pen as backup though, I recomend a Parker.

[quote user="Donkey dangler"]Becareful with the battery re your Galaxy s7:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Galaxy-S7-edge-buirns-while-charging_id84946[/quote]

Good info - ALL SCOUTS BE AWARE OF THIS!

Im sure the new Galaxy has a built in torch, perfect for making notes in the event of a floodlight failure or dimly lit grandstands which are quite common in the lower leagues, so sounds like TG has all angles covered.

I was thinking more on the lines of a head torch like miners use Les, leaves one hand free for the notepad and the other for the pencil.

[quote user="lappinitup"]I was thinking more on the lines of a head torch like miners use Les, leaves one hand free for the notepad and the other for the pencil.[/quote]The helmet will also protect him against those pesky pigeon droppings.