Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Thoughts for Mr Norwich and allround nice guy

Apologies for being slightly OT with this one, I''m not sure how many on here will be know club stalwart, all round nice guy Peter Oldfield ? well I have deliberated over posting this, but Peter is currently fighting quite a serious fight against illness, a fight he is more than capable of winning, but any messages of support, any thoughts in anyone''s prayers would only serve to help I''m sure, especially those that know him, those that don''t trust me he is one of the nicest people you could wish to know.

I have known Peter for around 20 years, he is Mr Norwich City with his love for the club, he is always seen on the pitch at the end of each match with the sponsors when presenting the MOTM awards, famous for his healthy head of white hair. Peter is too ill to work at the moment (he retired a few years back but cant give up NCFC) as he undergoes his treatment, he has been given access all area''s by the club to watch any match from wherever in the stadium and the support he has had from the club he has described as fantastic, and Russell Martin has been a constant visitor and source of inspiration to him with messages from the playing staff and the like.

Get well soon Peter, certainly in my family''s prayers at the moment.

Nice post Gordon, never had the pleasure of meeting the chap but he''s one of us and for that reason alone I hope he gets better soon, best wishes Peter 👍

Thanks Alex you may never have met him, but you would know who we was straight away if pointed out, most of his time was looking after the sponsors in the boxes, he gave my son a tour of the stadium when he was 12, he is now 33 and in the army, and every time they see each other you would think it was only last month they met for the first time. Well done on your wishes Alex, a gentleman as always..

I worked for the same company as Peter in the early/mid 70''s. Peter remained there for his entire career, I moved on after about three years. I had not spoken to him in all the years since although, of course I''d seen him on the pitch after each home game. But about this time last year, I was fortunate to be drawn to play a fourball with him (against him actually) in a golf match. It was a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, topped off by his company during the meal which followed.

We were able to discuss colleagues from those days in 1972, many of whom had remained with Peter until recent years and to get Peters take on the individuals, past and present, at Carrow Road. Peter tells it as it is!

So I was really saddened to learn on here that less than a year on he had been struck down. I join the other posters in wishing him every success in returning to full health. Very best wishes Peter.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Good to see the club have Peter on the pitch at half time and give him recognition for his 42 years service, nice touch by the club.[/quote]

👍

Get well soon Peter, our thoughts are with you.

Not surprised to hear about Russ ''s involvement, such a nice guy