Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The Wallet Is Empty.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Buh"]Who did we sell to buy 5.5m oliveira?[/quote]Interesting figure you have pulled from somewhere but let''s go along with that. Redmond income £11 million but Canos £2.5 million and Pritchard for £8 million kind of means we are looking for £5 ish million. Get rid of Vadis and the wages of RVW and you could almost say we have balanced the books and to quote Clem on BBC Deadline Day last night at 10.45pm '' Norwich City have broken even this summer ''.Now Buh i think that must mean we have our original transfer budget for this summer plus the £20 million initial parachute payment received in July sitting in the bank unless you can tell me otherwise.Christ on a bike i cannot even begin to think what we threw at Naismith in January that Sunderland could not match yesterday !I will stand by my original much maligned original post. Some people need to read it carefully again.[/quote]In terms of wages we have permanently offloaded five first-team squad members (O''Neil, Redmond, Kean, van Wolfswinkel and Odjidja-Ofoe) and gained five (Canos, McGovern, Jones, Pritchard and Oliveira) so that would appear to be roughly level-pegging. We have also sent two out on loan, but then there may be a free-agent signing to come to balance that up. As for transfer fees there seems to be a clear overspend of some millions above what we received. I don''t know who Clem is, but on the face of it that doesn''t look like breaking even by only spending what we got in.[/quote]I never did get an answer as to who Clem on BBC Deadline Day is, but I guess some things we are just meant not to know. The real point is this thread has shown there are posters here who have absolutely reliable sources and who understand football finance. Frankly, I have been faking it all these years, really I have. So I am delighted to be able to pass the baton on to experts. It really isn''t that onerous a job - just detailed analyses of any takeover bids and of course at least a couple of thousand words on the accounts every autumn. And if anyone needs assistance I am sure Chris Sutton, who really seems to know his stuff, will be glad to help.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]I never did get an answer as to who Clem on BBC Deadline Day is, but I guess some things we are just meant not to know. [/quote]

Mark Clemmit is a BBC presenter. He''s the bald one who used to do the feature piece on clubs (the ground, the history etc.) when the Championship games we''re on BBC 1.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Clemmit

This is ''Clem'' Purple. Sorry, can''t do clicky links.

I heard him on Radio 5 on transfer deadline day. He basically said, of the clubs relegated to the Championship last season:

"Newcastle and Norwich have broken even and Villa have made a net spend of £40 million."

Clem used to be a reporter on The BBC Football League Show on a Saturday night who did a behind the scenes feature on a different club every week. Happy to help with that Purple and just so you know my mum used to say sarcasm is the lowest from of wit. [;)]

How did Newcastle break even?
And talking about unanswered questions - what was expected to be in the wallet and where did it come from?

[quote user="Fuzzar"]The fact that Naismith couldn''t agree personal terms with Sunderland suggests that he, and possibly Brady and Klose, are still on Premier wages - presumably why they''re still "happy" to be here.

So perhaps paying some players chunky money when turnover has reduced dramatically (even allowing for parachute payments) is the main reason for this summer''s window. Don''t see why this is so difficult for some to grasp.[/quote]

I think in Naismiths case he is on PL wages. It was reported that he did not have a relegation clause. This places us in a Newcastle Utd situation when they went down before, when they had players on very large salaries and they had to offload.

I think you will find that if Naismiths wages haven''t been reduced, he is on circa £70K a week. Norwich were desperate to get him and he knew that. The transfer backfired on all levels and with hindsight the club would of been better off not entertaining it, as it didn''t lead to dressing room harmony that was so badly needed in the run up to the end of the season. Clubs like ours should be paying one or two people way more than the rest as that doesn''t work here.

You have to give Sunderland credit for not agreeing to Nasimiths and Norwich''s demand. It was McNally''s mistake - don''t forget that.

a little known fact that prices rise the closer the deadline gets .......

the more people become interested and then the timeline to complete the selling clubs raise the price knowing clubs will still pay it

[quote user="TIL 1010"] Happy to help with that Purple and just so you know my mum used to say sarcasm is the lowest from of wit. [;)][/quote]
Fairly certain that was Oscar Wilde and he was being sarcastic at the time [;)]

" sarcasm is the lowest from of wit. "

I''m not sure the late Ronnie Corbett would have agreed on that point

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="TIL 1010"] Happy to help with that Purple and just so you know my mum used to say sarcasm is the lowest from of wit. [;)][/quote]
Fairly certain that was Oscar Wilde and he was being sarcastic at the time [;)]
[/quote]

It''s no wonder that TIL 1010 is so confused, he grew up believing that his mum was Oscar Wilde!

You would never have thought that prices would be highest at the end of an auction.....

Nutty it was not a auction the fact we could of bought a player for less than he was sold for is not a auction !

we could of had said player but we did not have the money

Thats not my words thats someone at the club

We have what money we have. Were you expecting us to spend money we didn''t have?  I''m a redundant bingo calling bog cleaner. I can only afford what I can afford. Someone with more money can afford things I can''t. I really don''t see what the issue is here...  

Why haven''t we got more? Where''s it gone? This transfer window was like promising your kids a PS4 for Xmas then on the day just giving them a jigsaw.

Answers needed.

Parachute payment 20m

Redmond 10m

Pritchard 8m

Basil 5m

Canos 2m

15m disappeared down the back of the sofa? Or straight in Delia''s purse?

Simplistic it may be but questions need answering.

Well you guys get the same accounts as I do. I know they''re a year behind but there''s plenty of deja vu in last years. When last season started the wallet was full of IOUs so maybe start from there?

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Parachute payment 20m

Redmond 10m

Pritchard 8m

Basil 5m

Canos 2m

Simplistic it may be but questions need answering.[/quote]You forget, Delia and her husband run the football club out of the goodness of their hearts and have not, nor will they ever, benefit financially in any way from owning Norwich City. She has of course kept a low profile, keeping her self out of the public eye, thus not helping in any way to sell her cookery books, dvds or assorted paraphernalia. She has most definitely not put her name to restaurants at the ground and of course she has in no way been paid naming rights to the non-existent restaurants. And Delia and her husband have most certainly not benefited financially from the increase in share prices since they bought a majority shareholding in 1996.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]You would never have thought that prices would be highest at the end of an auction.....

Nutty it was not a auction the fact we could of bought a player for less than he was sold for is not a auction !

we could of had said player but we did not have the money

Thats not my words thats someone at the club[/quote]

I think you''ve identified the main problem with our negotiation process, it seems that practically everyone at the club has to be privy to the details of the transfer deal, by the time a global email has been read and replied to it''s either the last day of the window or someone else has bid more.The whole process could be so much better if they nominated a knowledgable fan to do the business, it would all be over by the second hour of the 1st of July.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Parachute payment 20m

Redmond 10m

Pritchard 8m

Basil 5m

Canos 2m

Simplistic it may be but questions need answering.[/quote]

What about signing on fees & wages or do they play for nothing lol

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Parachute payment 20m

Redmond 10m

Pritchard 8m

Basil 5m

Canos 2m

Simplistic it may be but questions need answering.[/quote]You forget, Delia and her husband run the football club out of the goodness of their hearts and have not, nor will they ever, benefit financially in any way from owning Norwich City. She has of course kept a low profile, keeping her self out of the public eye, thus not helping in any way to sell her cookery books, dvds or assorted paraphernalia. She has most definitely not put her name to restaurants at the ground and of course she has in no way been paid naming rights to the non-existent restaurants. And Delia and her husband have most certainly not benefited financially from the increase in share prices since they bought a majority shareholding in 1996.

[/quote]
Eek. That''s one of the most cringeworthy posts on here in a while. Well done IBT.

It is? So what are you saying? The Smiths get no benefits from owning the club? Their shares haven''t increased in value during their ownership? Then why do they seem so intent in making ownership of the club hereditary? Are you really so naive as to think that they have put 20 years work into the club and have seen nothing in return? Would you be prepared to work for any organisation for 2 decades without financial recompense of some sort?Head out of the sand old boy.

Of course they should see financial gain.But are they bleeding the club dry, to its detriment?I don''t think so.Perhaps someone who reads the yearly accounts could confirm how much they earn?