Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The Wallet Is Empty.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Sorry to interject but it was glaringly obvious Redmond wanted to go.[/quote]Indeed.

His body language and demeanour in our last home game of last season made it incredibly obvious he was going. And them comments unearthed by the Pink un confirm it.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]I think when against Watford Redmond decided to do a passable impression of Ronaldo, followed by his U21 performances, you could say he turned it on when he wanted to.[/quote]Quite agree Katie and it was a good deal with Southampton but we are swerving away from the fact that without that money Canos and Pritchard may very well have not been signed. However i will go along with the recent comments of Jez Money and only today Alex Neil concerning the availability of money.

Are you sure we are not swerving the assertion that

"Redmond wanted to go anyway ? I must have missed him stomping his feet and making his feeling known he wanted to leave."

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Are you sure we are not swerving the assertion that

"Redmond wanted to go anyway ? I must have missed him stomping his feet and making his feeling known he wanted to leave."[/quote]Whilst a Norwich player did anybody ever hear or read of him wanting to go ? Now he has gone and he is sweet talking his new club and fans it is being taken as read he wanted out by some.Now moving on to the purchase of Canos and Pritchard it looks like a good job Redmond did go or have i got that wrong as well ?

This is all so depressing.Four out of the last five years in the Premier League and here we are arguing whether we''re skint or not. What''s happened to all the money ? We get the same old '' leaving no stone unturned '' spiel from the club about bringing players in then when the window closes we''re left disappointed. Yes the guy from Nottingham Forest may turn out to be a good ''un but I''m a little tired of the obsession in balancing the books but throttling ambition.Of course I want us to do well and despite everything we must be in with a good shout of a top six finish but I can''t honestly say I''ve got quite the same enthusiasm I once had.

Yes Canos looks to be a more than decent replacement for the mercurial Redmond, and Pritchard is a good signing though rather than stocking up on midfielders I wonder if boosting the striker kitty would have been smarter.

Exactly Bork, the players we have brought in are either improvements or exciting prospects that can fill the boots of those departed.

Whilst your striker comment is entirely valid, reading between the lines it certainly sounds like we tried to get in the targets we wanted like McCormack, then when those died out we spent the cash on Pritchard whilst we had the chance.

Come January we might have some funds available with Parachute payments etc. I would like to think we''re smart enough to budget a separate Jan transfer kitty regardless of what we spent over the summer, so that if we still feel the need to go and get a striker we''ve got that option

I read the Redmond article the other day, and whereas I''ll always remember him fondly for some inspired moments, he didn''t half come across as a young man who thought he was bigger than our club. Silly boy, that only exists at one club in the soccer ball world, and that''s Jack Wilshere and Bournemouth.

I am more positive than most, perhaps to the point of self-delusion.

I do not think that Neil''s comments re: the transfer budget mean that the Club has no money in the bank.

No money for player purchases unless players are sold?

Yes.

Fair enough, but the Board now find themselves dealing with Championship finances again, something with which they are accustomed.

With less income an obvious safety net is necessary; money in the wallet for a rainy day. Championship existence is loss-evoking and there are no guarantees that we will be promoted straight away or even within the next two seasons so it is necessary to have a buffer against harder times.

The Club is merely trying to achieve that balance between the all-out and costly approach of the Aston Villas of the league and the restrictive and somewhat miserly approach of the Ipswich Towns.

I assume that not many on here would wish us to blow the entire bank balance in the transfer market at this particular time in the same way that none of us would consider blowing our entire savings on an Aston Martin.

This necessary restriction is the crux of the current "Delia out" lobby, but that is the way it always has been and now is with our Club in it''s present form.

As has been said, with four from five years at the top table, with constant full houses and without a particularly expansive approach in the transfer market, whereby there has rarely been a very large gap between outward expenditure and income, we should not by any distance be "skint."

Throw in the £36m parachutes this season and even our high wages bill should be coped with with some ease.

Money in the bank and the value of such players as Robbie Brady are our insurance policy against a longer stay in the Chumps that we all wish for.

The Board would be remiss not to foresee this in formulating it''s current financial policy.

I''m sure there''ll be some money in the pot for January - and I don''t think it''s a bad idea letting other clubs know we''re ''skint'', that may play to our advantage rather than being held to ransom which I suspect happened more than we realised in the ''transfer window of doom pt 2''.

I''m not the brightest on here so it''s no surprise to find myself unable to understand what the fuss is about. Be kind to nutty and tell me what money you thought we had and where it came from?

Without beneficial ownership it is evident that we can no longer compete even at championship level, as new equity is injected into clubs around us. We can look forward only to a sustained period of stagnation then decline if and until new capital can be found for our club.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]tbf Alex, the ''skint'' line is being used, in reference to the Transfer Window just past, not a PR thing, nearly 4 months in advance[/quote]

True, Crabby - perhaps Alex is planning ahead for once (😉😉😉)

and none of this would have mattered highland if you just hired lennon as the manager we would have been world class by now

Anyone who had good connections at the club knew that there wasn''t a lot of cash spare. Charlie Wyatt said as much when we were relegated.

Some who criticise Moxey should be aware that it is McNally who gambled in January with two deals that the club wouldn''t have done under normal circumstances. Wages that the club had never seen before and didn''t do well for ''dressing room unity''.

I don''t like the lack of balance at the club at all, but the club have clearly chosen to keep the squad largely intact rather than go and spend much on new talent.

I think Moxey will be much more of a realist than McNally, but fans cannot expect money to be spend that isn''t there. The squad is just about good enough to go up, but I''m not convinced this will happen until we become a more solid positive until. Will that happen under AN? Hmmm....

like others have said we knew we had no money but i always thought the clubs income / turnover was split into sections

e,g for example

25 % transfer kitty

60 % wages

15 % ground up keep office wages etc

so my question is if we have no money to spend does that mean that all of the money we get this season goes on wages ??

The fact that Naismith couldn''t agree personal terms with Sunderland suggests that he, and possibly Brady and Klose, are still on Premier wages - presumably why they''re still "happy" to be here.

So perhaps paying some players chunky money when turnover has reduced dramatically (even allowing for parachute payments) is the main reason for this summer''s window. Don''t see why this is so difficult for some to grasp.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]The fact that Naismith couldn''t agree personal terms with Sunderland suggests that he, and possibly Brady and Klose, are still on Premier wages - presumably why they''re still "happy" to be here.

So perhaps paying some players chunky money when turnover has reduced dramatically (even allowing for parachute payments) is the main reason for this summer''s window. Don''t see why this is so difficult for some to grasp.[/quote]Exactly, theres no drama or scandal here.We have lost in the region of 40 million off our operating budget, its as simple as that.

Is the Naismith failed transfer, and the ''personal terms'' phrase a bit more complex than just simply he wanted too much money?

It was reported on the day that Sunderland were after a few players on loan, but only had 1 domestic loan transfer slot allowed - they signed Denayer from Man City

Also, if Sunderland wanted Naismith on loan, did they want us to pay a % of his wages? Maybe they said they will have him, but we had to pay 50% of his wages? Would this class as to ''Personal Terms''?

No evidence to back it up, purely speculating, but I cannot believe if Sunderland wanted him then we are paying more than they would pay him?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Pompey Canary"]The psychology of these threads where people pretend to be in the know and make up this stuff is interesting. Looks like inclusion issues from a traumatic childhood resurfacing.

I would treat any thread where the source isn''t named as highly dubious[/quote]This. ^^^[/quote]

So the source was correct and not just "tittle tattle"......

Awkward.

Having been ridiculed right at the start of the thread for saying that the wallet is empty plus someone giving it the Billy Big Bollox at a forum in an attempt to belittle the suggestion it now appears that there is no drama and scandal surrounding the fact and giving the impression that it was obvious all along. That is what you get i suppose when you have an agenda to play the poster and not the post. Priceless ! Before the line that i am gloating and enjoying this is trotted out nothing could be further from the truth as it is tragic that our finances are not as rosy as some assumed with four out of the last five years spent in the footballing land of milk and honey.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Before the line that i am gloating and enjoying this is trotted out nothing could be further from the truth as it is tragic that our finances are not as rosy as some assumed with four out of the last five years spent in the footballing land of milk and honey.[/quote]

Not that tragic when you consider that the first two years were used to pay back the loans that were renegotiated when we went into L1.